• Ask
  • myTake

What reason can I give to an insecure boyfriend?

I have been dating my boyfriend for a year and a half, I have known for years, and we've been best friends for the last four years. He recently asked... Show More

What Guys Said 2

• Well, to some extent he has to deal with it - you'll have male coworkers, neighbours etc.In some ways your dad is right though. What most women interpret as friendly, men would interpret as flirtatious. The way men interact with women is VERY different from how men treat each other, but not so dissimilar to how women behave with each other.So I'd guess you may need to be more aware of that, and he needs to build a little confidence you only want him.

• Aww. This makes me a bit sad. It reminds me of my life so much. I really don't know what to tell you. I really feel where he's coming from. But my logic is telling me that you should be able to have friends of the opposite sex in a healthy relationship. But my closeness in real life experience tell me to feel for him and take his side. I think you should really look inside yourself and try to find the answer to that question, of why you want male friends... When you find that answer I think you'll find what you need to do.

• In my heart, I know I don't need male friends. I do have one guy friend that he doesn't want me to talk to. I don't have a problem with it, I just don't want us to have trust issues between us.

• Show Older
    • I really hope you work this out... I see myself in his shoes soon. Good luck. Really.=)

• Thanks:) And good luck to you too. Everyone deserves to be happy:)

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion and earn 1 extra Xper Point!