What reason can I give to an insecure boyfriend?

I have been dating my boyfriend for a year and a half, I have known for years, and we've been best friends for the last four years. He recently asked me to marry him, and I have no doubts that I want to spend the rest of my life with him.

I have always been a friendly person. Everyone comes to me for advice.

My boyfriend is very insecure. A past girlfriend cheated on him and his mother doesn't try to make him feel any better.

His aunt tries to get us to break up because I am half Mexican and she doesn't believe in interracial dating.

My boyfriend recently told me that he is uncomfortable with me talking to other guys. He says that I have a wonderful personality and guys are drawn to me and he doesn't want to lose me.

When I started talking to him about it, he asked me this, "Why would you want to talk to other guys if you want to spend the rest of your life with me?"

My dad says that if you talk to a guy for long he will take it as a sign that you like his company. Dad says that all a guy needs is to know that a girl isn't saying 'go away' and he will probably end up liking that girl.

He's practicing what he preaches though. He doesn't speak to any girls that aren't related to him. He's fine with me having friends that are girls.

I am very small, barely five feet tall, and quiet. He says that he's afraid that I wouldn't be able to protect myself from a guy.

I don't want to be best friends with guys, I just don't feel like its good for our relationship for him to feel like this. The thing is, I have no answer to his question. Any advice would be appreciated.