I'm being builled, what can I do?

My life was good until 5 years ago when my brother passed away. The school I went to, I had friends who I thought were there for me but once my brother died and grief settled in, they were no longer there. I realized who my real friends were, and it was not them. They picked on me because I had fallen into weakness with grief. We moved to a different country a while after my brother had gone and the bullying has followed me since. At my new school, everyone had their groups already and I was the new girl. I found a girl to hang out with but nobody really liked her. I stuck up for her and she became my friend but not long after did I hear rumours being spread about me. I didn’t know who else could spread them except for this girl I stuck up for and so I asked her but she denied it I knew she was lying but chose to forgive her because I wanted to help her and be a friend. She then started copying me with words I used, what I wore, what taste I had in music and food and I didn’t know why…why couldn’t she just be herself? I got this award for being the sweetest thing or something and everyone cheered except for her who stared at me with a face that sort of said “I want to kill you.” The boy who used to like me stopped because of something to which she said to him. I started to hang out with a new group only to see her chat with them a while after and them look at me giggling in my direction. I don’t know what to do because every group I hang out with now either give me looks and walk away or talks more sh*t up about me. I feel alone but I don’t want to give this girl who has been doing this to me the satisfaction of how I feel, so what can I do?

Most Helpful Guy

• Except if you have given her a real real juicy secret that can put you in a tough spot, ignore her when she goes to people and talk sh*t about you. Actually, if you know the group of people, she talks to them and they giggle and watch you, walk up to them say hi and talk about anything or ask a question, be friendly, as far as you are aware it wasn't about you.

Basically, if they talked about something else then you are joining your friends which is normal.

If they are talking about you they will have to stop. Now it looks a lot like she does it because she is socially awkward and very insecure or watched too often "mean girls", but in my opinion she uses you to make friends in a certain way, because that is the only way she can contribute when talking to people.

That said, the more importance you give her, the more that will happen to be honest, because if she honestly becomes a nobody for you then people won't have any interest in her gossips.

She will probably stop as soon as she has a new way of socializing, or god forbid gets an unlucky bf.