• Ask
  • myTake

I friend zoned my crush what do I do?

I obviously didn't do it on purpose but he thinks I only like him as a friend but I don't wanna just straight out tell him I like him.

Most Helpful Opinion

• I agree with the anonymous girl at the bottom. Why NOT tell him? What do you have to lose? Certainly not your pride, or dignity. At most you'll get closure if he tells you he doesn't feel the same way.So what's the problem. Worried it will get weird? All you gotta do is tell him you like him and that there's no pressure or anything, that you just wanted to be honest about it, and if he doesn't feel the same way, it's cool. Then you just go about your day, if he's not interested. Because so long as you don't get weird, he likely won't get weird. You don't even need to tell him more than once. (in fact it's better if you don't)So why not just tell him?Alright, maybe you don't have the courage, right now. So how about you just flirt with the guy, then? ( like this - link ) Maybe if you start flirting with him, and gradually make more moves on him, you could start giving him the hint, but if that doesn't work, don't assume he doesn't like you. Intensify it, and if all else fails, we're back to you just telling him outright, or straight up, asking him out. In which case, I'm back to asking what you think you got to lose.Good luck.

• My only critique of this is that flirting isn't going to work anymore since you already friend zoned him. He's going to brush off your flirting attempts because in the back of his mind, he'll tell himself "She's not really flirting, she already said she doesn't like me."I've told girls before, when you turn a guy down, you have to be much more direct when you change your mind, because he's already written you off as off limits.

• Yeah, but I covered that. I said that if it doesn't work the nest move is to amp it up and if all else fails just tell him, or ask him out.

What Guys Said 13

• Kiss him.

• How do you accidentally "friend-zone" your crush? lol

• Well what exactly did you do? Anyway the ball is in your court. if you want something to happen you will need to step up and tell him how you feel

• the never ending cycle

• Straight foward go and tell him it was a mistake and you like him before its too late. Rejection hurts and your countdown has begun. Before you lose him permanently to another girl, you better get on it straight away.

• Guys never want to be in a friend zone. Straight out tell him you like him.

• Why you don't wanna just straight out tell him, if you like there is no reason hiding your emotion, just go to him and tell your heart out.

• Why not tell him? He is going to move on if you don't

• Tell him

• How did you freaking manage to do this? Like wtf?

• what exactly did you say or do?

• Being too shy to tell someone you like them is one of those "school" things. Once you get beyond that you realize, "Holy crap, someone who's a good friend AND fits the bill of someone I'd like to be romantically involved with? Yes please! HEY YOU. SLEEP WITH ME (after dinner)."Tell him. Unless he made it obvious that he felt you friend zoned him, because guys who use the term "friend zone" really need to realize that girls are not machines you put kindness coins in until sex falls out.^ Internet taught me that last bit. Thanks Internet.

What Girls Said 4

• Why don't you want to tell him? Just tell him. Otherwise, you're stuck. He can't read your mind, he likely won't figure it out on his own. Stop playing games and just say it. Whether he likes you back or not, he'll appreciate the honesty.

• do with him something you woudlnt do with jjust a friend. Kiss, grab his butt in a playful way. wink at him, 3 second eye contact, flirt flirt flirt... but its easier to tell him.

• Just tell him before its too late. And if you don't want to say it straight to him just make some small gestures that would make him think that maybe you like him more than a friend.

• Why don't you want to tell him that you like him? Like... what do you have to lose by being open about it?

• She may have a boyfriend or even kids, she may also run the risk of looking like a slut to all the people around them. These are common fears I imagine girls have for not saying these kind of things.

• And they're all misplaced fears.