Music Festivals and You: EDM Special - Outfits

If you've never been to an EDM festival or you've gone and want some ideas for the next one here you go!

Head Pieces

Wigs

Glasses

Make up

Kandi

Kandi's are home made bracelets made by the attendees and then traded with others.

Tops

Bras

Onepiece

If you still want to wear a tutu and keep it modest then pair it up witha one piece!

Tutus

Leg warmers

Themes

Enjoy! :)

SilenRose is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 18

• Where's the star nip stickers or heart nip stickers? That's the besttttt

• I love EDM culture, and I love girl's outfits, but when they've put worked on it, some just look trashy and the only purpose is to show as much skin as possible without looking good.

I went to my first EDM festival a month ago (Spring Awakening in Chicago) and it was the best weekend of my life. I've previously gone to two raves and they were awesome too, but the festival was amazing.
    I'm going back next year to Spring Awakening, and I hope I will make some Kandii cause this year I didn't.

• Awesome! Glad to read that! I hope next year is just as exciting for you!

Yes a lot of the outfits do show a lot of skin but I tried posting pictures of girls who did put effort into making their outfits. :)

• Thanks!

I'm not against them showing lots of skin, as long as the outfit is nice, but there are some girls that literally just wear a bran and their panties an nothing else, or a fishnet clothing thingy, and that just looks bad in my opinion.

• Agreed. ;)

• Why is my generation a bunch of dipshits?

• I'm triggered. :/

So what am I supposed to do if I see a girl wearing one of those arm bands with "drugs" or "eat me" on it. I don't even...

• Lol, they probably received it in a trade. Don't think to much into it.

• But why all the drugs and eat me business?

• Either trying to be funny or be original. There are actual sites for people who make kandi's and some go on there to ideas on what to put on their kandi. Some of the most random stuff was suggested and made no sense. However, the "eat me" phrase I believe is related to Alice in Wonderland. "Drugs" is well... you may find drugs being used at these events. The origin of kandi bracelets is that drug users used to wear bright neon ones to advertise themselves as sellers. The partiers liked the bracelets so much they adopted it and changed the meaning of it to PLUR. I have no idea if drug sellers still wear them but music festivals have cracked down on drugs being dispersed at the events.

• This is why I love going to these types of events.

• Raves - When women can dress like a whore and call it a costume.

• i always get excited seeing girls dressed like that before going to a concert or festival!

• That is some real tacky shit

• Coooool Take 😎

• -_- its a fun festival, who cares what they wear. So what if a girl is wearing pasties. Politically correct people want to take the fun out of everything.

As long as there is no raping, murdering or stalking ^^ then have fun

• Pretty much. Cultural appropriation is a iffy subject on a event that's suppose to be about expressing yourself freely without others judging you.

• A native American headdress is not the same as a Nazi symbol. One was worn by chiefs, the other by genocidal freaks. If you are offended by it then do not go to the festival. These people aren't burning it, or stamping on it. That Headdress is worn once a year and thats it...

• @CrayolaCupcake The Buddhist swastika is clockwise while the Nazi swastika is counter clockwise. They aren't the same. The Buddhist symbol is still used today in practicing Buddhist countries. And for the last time I know what cultural appropriation is, and I will not apologize for including war bonnets or any other outfits that were inspired by another culture in my myTake. I'm glad you enjoyed this myTake but you are basically rephrasing everything @LightsOff and I went over.

Lastly when I mentioned hinduism and buddhism you should take into account the last thing I mentioned to @LightsOff:

"Also if I want to post an article or myTake about outfits seen at music festivals I will. Would it also include war bonnets? Yes because those are things you see at music festivals. Will it include tribal print, aztec prints, septum rings, bindi's, henna tattoos, and etc? Yes because those are also things you will see at MF's."

• There's a HUGE native American backlash against the use of war bonnets, especially by women. They find it disrespectful and/or downright rude. It's not cute or sexy it's mean and cruel don't do it!

• Who cares, no one is doing it out of disrespect and no one is going to stop wearing them. Live your life and let others live theirs.

• That's a frilly belt not a tutu

• This stuff looks old, as in, clothes were worn thousands of years ago. lol.

• Sigh... I long for the days of Vangelis, Jean-Michel Jarre, and Kraftwerk, when electronic music was actually performed on analog synthesizers by musicians and not by DJs.

I don't have anything nice to say about any of the girls in these photos.

• Those guys are gods of electronic music :) Sadly the minority of people knows them these days.

• Congrat, I've never seen so many pictures in a MyTake before haha. Great take though, good job. Love my edm girls :)

• Lol. Thanks. :)

I was like "I think I have to many pictures", and I wanted to add more but I didn't want to overload everyone.

• No... Please don't hahaha

• Whew. EDM girls are hot,

• So I'm the only one who goes to raves in shorts & a t-shirt? Guess I'm boring.

• Yeah, I've been to two EDM concerts and NO ONE was dressed this way.

What Girls Said 12

• Love the makeup! Especially the one in the second pic.

• Wooow they look amazing! I wish I was younger so I could wear all these cool things :(

• Lol. You can if you want or just alter it to be more modest. :)

• I love that second picture in the wigs section. Is that a real girl? Or photoshopped?

• So like, why is it appropriate to wear a Native American headdress to a rave as a drunk/high white girl?

• okay but let's not appropriate native American headdresses?

• I see these girls at EDM events. with their hair and make up all done - makes me laugh, you cannot go for it and stay looking like that, they are there to look good and that's about it. A wig? A fucking wig? Have you ever danced at a EDM event? You don't need a frickin head dress, you need a shower and a bottle of water.

Maybe for the wannabe ravers, but not for the ones who party hard.

• Wearing a native American headdress is disrespectful as fuck, and any person with some common decency should know that those are NOT meant for you to wear because it looks "cool" or "trendy" or "fashionable". That's cultural appropriation. You're taking a sacred object and trying to make it your own because you think it looks cool.

"Feathered war bonnets (also called warbonnets or headdresses) are worn by Plains Indian men who have earned a place of great respect in their tribe. In the past they were sometimes worn into battle, but today they are worn primarily for ceremonial occasions. They are seen as items of great spiritual and political importance. /.../ Each feather in an honored person's possession has to be earned through acts of courage and honour on behalf of the tribe, or gifted to them in gratitude for their work. /.../ as the headdress is usually only worn by the chosen political and spiritual leaders of the tribe."

Even within the native American culture, not just anyone is allowed to wear a headdress just because they feel like it. So not only is it disrespectful for you to wear them because you're not native American, but also because you truly didn't earn it (even if the headdress is fake). Read up a little before appropriating other people's cultures. Be respectful. Wearing a headdress to a rave/party is in no way justified no matter how you look at it. It's really fucking offensive.

• Pretty much what I came here to say, so thanks for saying it for me (and for that matter, probably better than I could.)

• EXACTLY!!!

• A lot of the outfits look really cute, but I wouldn't wear a headdress. www.cosmopolitan.com/.../
    www.mtv.com/.../
    apihtawikosisan.com/.../

• Leg warmers are my favorite

• Yup, but where I live it's to hot outside to wear them to any festival. :D

• Absolutely love the make up!

• I know, right? You gotta make sure it's waterproof if you plan on staying at the festival all day. ;)

• What's an EDM?