Getting cozy for fall and winter!

Sure, it's July, but fall is basically 2 months away! Winter probably has to be my favorite time of the year. Who's with me? Cuddling up at a warm fireplace with a nice, cozy blanket, watching those nostalgic Christmas movies, hot chai teas and peppermint mochas and pumpkin spice lattes, Christmas in general (boo-ya), but most of all-FASHIONNN!

Now, I'm not dissing a girl's beloved spring and summer wardrobe. But, I oddly feel more myself with knee high boots and scarfs and beanies! I love the modern take on vintage. And I think winter ensembles express that pretty damn well.

Beanies ~

When it comes to beanies I like to keep it in 3 categories for winter and fall:

- Knitted

- Reds (for that extra holiday feel)

- Fluffballs!

Getting cozy for fall and winter!

Boots and bootsocks ~

When you wear boots during the holidays, it's an absolute MUST to pair them with boot socks, its like the number one universal rule (jk.) Not kidding, its the perfect pair to give you a cute, cozy winter outfit.

Coats and scarfs ~

I usually go for knit for almost everything in winter lol (the boot socks, the beanies, the scarves) and for jackets army jackets are amazing!!! You can also add fur jackets for another extra holiday feel.

Last of all-Put it together and what do ya' get? Bippity boppity BOOP!

Work it girl, start planning your winter outfits and have confidence :))

19

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 6

• Damn, a woman that knows how to dress is soo sexy, and fall is the best season (spring too) for dressing well.

• Ikr :)) Winter and spring are actually my favorites. I love winter clothes but in the spring your wardrobe isn't
      limited its like the perfect weather so there's a huge variety of fashion in spring

• Can't wait to see my girl wearing her beanie hat again and her furry coat and her scarf makes her look all cozy and very cute at the same time you girls really know how to rock a winter look

• Yep *^* thanks haha, we like rule the fashion world :P You should tell her how cute she looks in her winter clothes! It would make her happy lol

• Oh that will be happening for sure haha but I am also planning in advance some walks with her around the block just to see it 😛 she doesn't know that

• sounds fun ^^

• I didn't read a single word but all I know is I can't wait until cuddle season!
    Winter is the best! summer everyone is all sweaty and gross there's bugs etc...

• Thank you for the advice I love it!!! I also love winter fashion!!!

• I approve.

• Yayyy *throws confetti*

• Do a mens version of this post! I'll bet you'll match my style pretty close.

• Oooh lala, sounds interesting!!! I think i'll do that after my mom takes away my laptop for me to steal it back at 1 a. m, thanks!

• Nothing hotter than a girl in boots. Nice.

What Girls Said 19

• I freaking love winter.

• Only thing I didn't like was the girl with the ugs. ew. Ugs are boot slippers. Not good. I personally hate scarves as much as my sister loves them (a lot) but I've been meaning to get a pair of boot socks. They really bring an outfit together

• LOVE the outfits! That's how I dress too. But unfortunately I can't dress casual like that at work. :/

Nice job!

• I love the pictures

• These outfits are totally adorable :)

• I hate winter. It takes forever to dress for going outside and to underdress again when you get home. Jeans, sweater, jacket, gloves, scarf, hat, boots. I can't even walk my dog without putting on clothes for 10 minutes. So annoying. It makes me want to tear all my clothes off. When summer comes, my body screams FREEDOM, because I can finally go back to one layer of clothing.

• Maybe its the winter you're at? Where I am it gets chilly but not where you have to do all of that. But I do feel you, I lived in Connecticut then New York so I had to grow accustom to those winters which I never really did.

• I love this take!
    I feel like knitting again ^^

• Thank you! :-))
      Omg you knit? Lucky, I can never do something like that bahaha

• Yeah, though it's been years since I knitted my hand gloves.. but it's really easy when you have a pattern. Crochet is easier though.

• NOOO! NO!! SUMMER IS NOT OVER YET YOU CAN'T MAKE ME! NO!

I will not read any fall-related things until the end of August and that is final. Y'all are hopping on the bandwagon WAY too early.

• But I don't get to wear sundresses in winter :(
    Sucks :/

• True :-(( there's an upside and downside to every season fashion though

• I love fall/winter outfits! This take made me happy!

• I rather be cold in the fall, then hot in July :P

• Lol true, it gets to be like 110-115 degrees where I am though, I guess I needed an escape and wrote this lol

• I like fall outfits

• I love love love fall and winter fashion I even the most comfortable wearing those clothes my mom calls me a snow bunny because I love the snow because it makes everything beautiful and magical
    I am in love with the first pair of boots
    I have all of this stuff why did I never think of putting of them together?nailartdaily.com/.../Women-Fashion-In-Winter-3.jpg
    Adore this outfit
    lifestuffs.com/.../...cad8daa5f1ecbd36dca613cd.jpg
    Love these boots
    i.ebayimg.com/.../$_35.JPG?set_id=2

• wow! haha, I have like none of these lol! You're so lucky, i'm def looking forward to winter shopping when October and November come though! Yee! I love those boots and the scarf that girl is wearing, and that jacket. I've weirdly noticed that all the cute winter jackets you'd see fashionistas wearing for like a winter stroll in The Big Apple are all Japanese products? Weird haha?

• And snow bunny is such a cute name lmfao! i'm dying, wish I had that nickname :P

• Boots + boot socks=me shooting my brains out. This is sooo over done at my college. If I see one more woman in equestrian boots when she doesn't ride... I will flip the local bus.

I looove scarves though.

encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images

www.thebestreddress.com/.../Indian-Scarf2.jpg

images.bloomingdales.com/.../8084713_fpx.tif

I like scarves that can be used as a shawl, that's how big they are. I love muted Indian paisley prints or bold ox blood red scarves. I like knit scarves too.

• When you're a teen you can bend the rules and go a little over board though X'D with almost anything, like diy room decor and fashion and hairstyles, I feel like everything is acceptable bc we're teens X'D if only I wasn't still growing into my awkward body *cough* late bloomer here and my body was like perf up until i was 12 then my shoulders got broad and I feel super short like my torso is longer than my legs *cries* whats up with that, so just waiting for PUBERTY TO HIT ME LIKE A FUCKING BUS.
      Anyways, back to your valid point and my babbling, I love paisley prints and red scarves too :P

• I'm going into it, not sure haha all I know is that its REALLY challenging and strict. Its called Xavier College Preparatory, all girls catholic private school and is one of the best in the country, yikesss

• Wow, well hopefully all the rules are worth it because of how nice it is.

• This is such a great list! I'm counting the days before I can start wearing these outfits. Lets say... first day under 70? :)

• Thanks! Haha I am too!!!
      (P. s-I love uggs so much, sometimes I wear them during summer lmao) :P

• :) I can dress like this http://i.imgur.com/tdmvkZ2.jpg in the summer and be comfortable :)

• Ah, lucky, I burn so easily and i'd be so hot in that!
      It looks good on you (if that is you)!!
      And i'm loving the oxford shirt with the sweater, so classic and wintery :P

• Awesome mytake! I love it ideas and I can't wait to try them :p

• That red beanie + the bootsocks though!😍

Awesome take babygirl😘

• This is an awesome take! :)

• The third beanie is nice!