How to read a girl by the shape of her glasses

Ever wondered how the shape of a girl's pair glasses can reflect her personality? Here are the 6 most common shapes and matching personalities as our myTake.

Sassy Cat Eye Glasses

This girl is fun. You'll meet her at a cool hipster concert in Williamsburg or reading a poem at an open mic night. She probably already knows what she likes and if you follow her lead you're in for a fun night.

Geek Chic Glasses

You'll find her reading a book at Starbucks or watching a foreign movie at 2pm in the afternoon. Don't confuse her geeky look with innocence. She's seen a thing or two and chose this lifestyle for a reason.

Career Driven Rectangular Glasses

If you haven't seen this girl around it's because she's busy developing a new software that will help lower-income families save money on groceries. When you do run into her- ask for a card.

Old School Aviators Glasses

You'll meet this girl at a bar, surrounded by ten of her best friends and three guys that are trying to hit on her. She's easy going, fun and appreciates a good joke.

Clearly Business Glasses

If you happen to date this girl you better know what you want right off the bat. She doesn't like wasting time on men who aren't sure what their intentions are.

Fashionista Browline Glasses

You'll meet this girl as she steps out of a new exhibition at the MoMa. You're probably wondering how she pulls off her look. Well, she does. She is a trendsetter and if you want to be around her you need to catch up.

In conclusion, I know people say 'don't judge a book by its cover' but no one ever said - don't judge a girl by the shape of her glasses!

If you’re thinking about getting glasses, visit GlassesUSA. It’s just a click away.

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Girls Said 69

• Hahaah i don't think you realize that being called a hipster is actually an insult - in this general untrue context. O. o

• Interesting. An interactive ad. Not many times a sponsor can do this to get a "read" on their target audience.

• Well I put the career glasses to shame. I don't know how to make any software. :'(

• Da fuq is this? Sheez

• My main pair is geeky and the backup is career driven.

• I actually have geek chic glasses on in my pic. I don't like Starbucks all like that tbh. :P

• I have geek chic right now in black and orange/blue which I guess is a fair representation of me but I miss my other ones which were a somewhat like clearly business but with a metal frame.

• The Geek Chic and Fashionista Browline ones are really lovely, might consider to get one of these as my next glasses.

• When will this be removed?

• I don't think this article is accurate. My glasses are more rectangle and according to the article, I'm supposed to career driven. In reality I hate my job and I dread going to work everyday. I'm stuck in a dead end job, working just to support myself and my daughter and put myself through college. If I had a better job maybe I'd be career driven.

• I wear Geek Chic and I do love to read and love Starbucks! ;)

• Pretty sure people buy glasses that look good on them, nothing to do with their personality or lifestyle... but I guess its still a bit of fun.

• kinda cool

• This isn't accurate at all and obviously made as an advertisement. It's pathetic.

• Lol I have geeky chic glasses and I think this describes me :D

• lol... my glasses look most like the career driven one and i'm the most irresponsible person i know. i hate working.

• Please stop with these advertisements, they are very annoying.

And for the love of god, stop deleting comments calling out this blatant advertising.

• Junk Junk AGAIN... what we wear in any shape or form DOES NOT tell us much about who we are except we like them... it DOES NOT tell you about our personality... 1 pair of glasses or our outfit DOES NOT tell you every point and detail about us... so stop this nonsense... this kind of stuff is just for ignorant people who assume and judge others before they know them all the time... which is the kind of people i very much AVOID because they are also highly manipulative people...

• I own cat eye glasses... but I don't like wearing them, I don't like wearing glasses period, but I'm blind so I need too.

• Hmmmm this doesn't sound logical, I mean perhaps we choose our glasses based on individual reasons?

• More from Girls
    49

What Guys Said 39

• But people who wear glasses change their glasses and also the shape of their glasses time by time

• Honestly, don't try to judge a girl by the shape of her glasses; while it is definitely an accessory and a part of their style, this is like saying that a male who wears pink is gay.

Like, no.

• Girls change glasses and fashion about as much as they change their mind and mood.

This seems like an article that is more suited for Cosmo than this site.

• It's interesting, but I don't think glasses means that much.

• Was this whole article really just a plug for GlassesUSA lol

• lol avatars aren't in the same category, everything is prescription but those, from what I've seen in stores. Also why would she be in a bar with them on, I would think she is a douchebag.

• The frames that you call geek chick are really popular and used by a lot of women and men that are anything but geeks.

• This is BS. Why? Because I went shopping for glasses TODAY and every pair is the same style! OK, not completely the same, but 99.8% were RECTANGULAR. Can't these asshole designers/manufacturers release more than one basic style? What the hell happened to choice? I like my old pair, but apparently THEY DON'T EXIST ANYMORE. Now that all the Harry Potter movies are done, apparently no one remembers how to make round frames!

• Seems like a bunch of bs to me but at least it was a fun read.

• Frame shape
    Frame type
    Lens type
    Colour
    Size
    Marked frames
    Material
    Frame measurements
    Brand
    Price

Absolutely *nothing* about airline tickets from Europe to come and be tested!

• this is stupid beyond measure.

• Okay... just going from my exs who wore specs:

The crazy control freak professional wore "sassy cats eyes".
    The nervous geek girl tatooist wore "career driven professional".
    And the 'alternative rock chick' who was layed back and artistic wore "clearly buisness".

I know thats anecdotal and not a large sample size, but it disinclines me towards your system. Sure you agree with the way the glasses are sold, but people pick glasses which they think suit their face, or pick styles they want to strive for at the time, but ultiately abandon. Sometimes people simply pick something different because they want a change. I've been wearing the same style of glasses since I was 15, but I am a very different person now. I wear the same style because they simply are the type I think of as being my glasses.

• Apparently we all have time to analyze this?

• Simplified version of this take:

For every style of glasses - She can't see without glasses.

• That's why I only date girls who wear contact lenses...

• What hairstyle would look best

• It sounds like bullshit.

• This is possibly the stupidest thing I've seen on gag... Keeping in mind that the majority of posts seem to be people asking how they look or love struck teenagers asking about some person they're in to. So when I say this is the stupidest thing, this is a real accomplishment.

This is just one more way to judge people, and it's not even accurate. You know what it says about a girl who wears "aviator" glasses or "clearly business" glasses or w/e? It says they like the way those glasses look on their face. That's it!

• This myTake looks a lot more commercial than it is about glasses, but oh well can't blame them for trying. I quite like all of them except the last one, Fashionista Browline.

• This may be true, but there is always an element of which ones look best on their face. A lot of girls won't pick glasses to suit their personality, but I am sure hat more girls pick glasses that improve the way they look when they need to wear them

• More from Guys
    19