How to read a girl by the shape of her glasses

Ever wondered how the shape of a girl's pair glasses can reflect her personality? Here are the 6 most common shapes and matching personalities as our myTake.

Sassy Cat Eye Glasses

This girl is fun. You'll meet her at a cool hipster concert in Williamsburg or reading a poem at an open mic night. She probably already knows what she likes and if you follow her lead you're in for a fun night.

Geek Chic Glasses

You'll find her reading a book at Starbucks or watching a foreign movie at 2pm in the afternoon. Don't confuse her geeky look with innocence. She's seen a thing or two and chose this lifestyle for a reason.

Career Driven Rectangular Glasses

If you haven't seen this girl around it's because she's busy developing a new software that will help lower-income families save money on groceries. When you do run into her- ask for a card.

Old School Aviators Glasses

You'll meet this girl at a bar, surrounded by ten of her best friends and three guys that are trying to hit on her. She's easy going, fun and appreciates a good joke.

Clearly Business Glasses

If you happen to date this girl you better know what you want right off the bat. She doesn't like wasting time on men who aren't sure what their intentions are.

Fashionista Browline Glasses

You'll meet this girl as she steps out of a new exhibition at the MoMa. You're probably wondering how she pulls off her look. Well, she does. She is a trendsetter and if you want to be around her you need to catch up.

In conclusion, I know people say 'don't judge a book by its cover' but no one ever said - don't judge a girl by the shape of her glasses!

If you’re thinking about getting glasses, visit GlassesUSA. It’s just a click away.

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Girls Said 69

• Hahaah i don't think you realize that being called a hipster is actually an insult - in this general untrue context. O. o

• Junk Junk AGAIN... what we wear in any shape or form DOES NOT tell us much about who we are except we like them... it DOES NOT tell you about our personality... 1 pair of glasses or our outfit DOES NOT tell you every point and detail about us... so stop this nonsense... this kind of stuff is just for ignorant people who assume and judge others before they know them all the time... which is the kind of people i very much AVOID because they are also highly manipulative people...

• Please stop with these advertisements, they are very annoying.

And for the love of god, stop deleting comments calling out this blatant advertising.

• lmao this is so stupid and inaccurate.

• Hahaha.. What i am confused which girl are you based on your glasses 😁

• She's the sassy one. .3. I think

• haha i also used to wear "career driven" style, and that is not me either.

• This is such bullshit!😂 I wear glasses because I'm half blind without them & I pick the ones that suit me the best - chill with the BS advertising!✌🏼️

• Which glasses say "I am a shut in with no people skins and I collect cats?"

Seriously do we have to read glasses takes every week now?

• There goes being a certain level you don't see ads but rather mytakes and questions from advertisers

• *no people skills... whew that went creepy fast.

• ^Lmao ! I thought the same and had to scroll down to make sure xD

• This isn't accurate at all and obviously made as an advertisement. It's pathetic.

• Cool! Another way to judge people!

• Anyone else just scroll through?

• Da fuq is this? Sheez

• My glasses are close to career driven and I have had the same frames for 13 years. In the 5th grade I had no idea of what I wanted to do with my life so I don't think it has anything to do with that. This is just dumb and I know this is an add or for sponsorship or what ever but come on folks.

• The Geek Chic and Fashionista Browline ones are really lovely, might consider to get one of these as my next glasses.

• I don't think this article is accurate. My glasses are more rectangle and according to the article, I'm supposed to career driven. In reality I hate my job and I dread going to work everyday. I'm stuck in a dead end job, working just to support myself and my daughter and put myself through college. If I had a better job maybe I'd be career driven.

• I wear a mix of Career Driven and Clearly Business...
    But I have no goals in mind. :|
    Also, I picked them cos I have a round face.
    Also, I picked them cos I can't see myself in the mirror when I'm trying out new glasses. My eyes are -10.

[ ] _ [ ]

• I only wear rectangle frames and I have zero interest in a long term 9-5, in a "career" at all. I'm an artist, and a bar tender.

• There's art in both your likes bar tenders are very smart with all that mixlogy skill I would not have clue how much say 3 ounces was in a glass or how to pour That amount

• Correction that should be jobs not likes

• It's a learned skill just like cooking, and relies heavily on math and ratios/fractions. Most of the time, people don't even ask for drinks by name, they ask by what's in it. IE, instead of "screwdriver", they ask for a "vodka orange [juice]" Have you even taken notice of graduated lines on a solo cup? Those are actually pour lines for mixed drinks, with ice, and/or without. The two lowest lines on the cup are for your booze, without ice being the lower. The next lines are for mixers. The ratios is usually in thirds; 2 parts mixer, 1 part booze. I've never taken a single class, I learned on the job after I was hired. I usually work private parties and weddings, and we often use disposable cups per request for a lower cost to the client. Every brand of plastic cup has pour lines. Way off topic, but seriously, what I do requires zero smarts! LOL

• Uh, no. People choose their glasses based on the shape of their face. It means very little in terms of their personality.

• Interesting. An interactive ad. Not many times a sponsor can do this to get a "read" on their target audience.

• I love the Geek Chic ones. If I ever need glasses I will definitely use those.

• I realize these people are probably paying you a fat chunk for advertising or some other similar arrangement, but this is getting way too stupid.

• Those aren't even true if you're looking at stereotypes. Plus, there are so many other shapes of frames--how do you read those, huh? It just depends on the person and their taste and what fits their features best when it comes to glasses frames. There's no way to generalize it.

• More from Girls
    49

What Guys Said 39

• Gettin' REAL sick of seeing this ads to be perfectly honest.

They're fucking glasses, at best you can read if she's into feminism or not based on what glasses she wears.

• Lol everyone knows you're talking about the first glasses, damn those are ugly.

• This is possibly the stupidest thing I've seen on gag... Keeping in mind that the majority of posts seem to be people asking how they look or love struck teenagers asking about some person they're in to. So when I say this is the stupidest thing, this is a real accomplishment.

This is just one more way to judge people, and it's not even accurate. You know what it says about a girl who wears "aviator" glasses or "clearly business" glasses or w/e? It says they like the way those glasses look on their face. That's it!

• Okay this is just retarded.

• Isn't Mia Khalifa wears the second one?
    Except she doesn't seems to be nerdy according to her profession 😛

• Okay so ,,,,
    1-"How to read a girl by the shape of her glasses"
    And then
    2-"don't judge a girl by the shape of her glasses!"

• I thought at level 7 we dont get ads.

• Surely she picks her glasses based on what looks good on her, as opposed to one of six weird stereotypes (two of which are almost the same, clearly business and career driven must be the same thing!)

• Okay... just going from my exs who wore specs:

The crazy control freak professional wore "sassy cats eyes".
    The nervous geek girl tatooist wore "career driven professional".
    And the 'alternative rock chick' who was layed back and artistic wore "clearly buisness".

I know thats anecdotal and not a large sample size, but it disinclines me towards your system. Sure you agree with the way the glasses are sold, but people pick glasses which they think suit their face, or pick styles they want to strive for at the time, but ultiately abandon. Sometimes people simply pick something different because they want a change. I've been wearing the same style of glasses since I was 15, but I am a very different person now. I wear the same style because they simply are the type I think of as being my glasses.

• Funny response: Amusing take.

Serious response: No. Glasses are chosen for a million different reasons, it doesn't reflect personality. Your just trying to sell different glasses.

• "don't judge a girl by the shape of her glasses!"

I dig it :)

• This myTake looks a lot more commercial than it is about glasses, but oh well can't blame them for trying. I quite like all of them except the last one, Fashionista Browline.

• Girls change glasses and fashion about as much as they change their mind and mood.

This seems like an article that is more suited for Cosmo than this site.

• Obviously just an ad to get girls to buy more expensive glasses.

• What a bunch of shitty stereotypes. And if you're insinuating that only nerds wear the geek chic glasses, then I don't really think they'll be at Starbucks.

• Lol this is fucking dumb

• This is BS. Why? Because I went shopping for glasses TODAY and every pair is the same style! OK, not completely the same, but 99.8% were RECTANGULAR. Can't these asshole designers/manufacturers release more than one basic style? What the hell happened to choice? I like my old pair, but apparently THEY DON'T EXIST ANYMORE. Now that all the Harry Potter movies are done, apparently no one remembers how to make round frames!

• GlassesUSA? Sponsored "takes"? What is this fuckery?

• It sounds like bullshit.

• The frames that you call geek chick are really popular and used by a lot of women and men that are anything but geeks.

• Honestly, don't try to judge a girl by the shape of her glasses; while it is definitely an accessory and a part of their style, this is like saying that a male who wears pink is gay.

Like, no.

• More from Guys
    19