Is Kylie Jenner becoming too fake?

Kylie Jenner was recently named the most influential teen and I definitely agree with this but not in a positive way.

To start off Kylie Jenner is promoting impossible standards and creating false images of her. For example her lips, she tried to deny that she did anything to them for quite a while until recently she finally admitted to applying temporary lip fillings

Is Kylie Jenner becoming too fake?

Also, in the last year her body has noticeably changed a lot.

This couldn't be puberty alone as it is a big change in a short time. Also in the second picture you can see that she has the same jewellery and nails which means that there wasn't a big time difference between these two pictures, another thing is her style which she changes a lot.

She changes her hair colour, hair style and hair length very often which also creates a fake image of her. Further more in the first picture she is wearing blue contact lenses which shows another false imagery of Kylie.

Lastly, she even promotes fake body image as she recently posted a picture on her instagram about a product called 'pure leef' this product apparently is all natural ingredients cream that enhances your breast and butt as it stimulates fat cells in those areas.

I think Kylie Jenner is influencing teenagers in all the wrong ways, as a teenager myself I definitely can see how much she is affecting us. For example the recently popular 'Kylie Jenner Lip challenge' which people all around the world did to achieve Kylie's lips which aren't even natural! I honestly think she's so fake and teenagers should stop paying so much attention to her and wanting to be her so badly!

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 34

• Wow. She's literally becoming an inflated plastic doll.

• "Becoming too" ?

Fake from day one.

• Christy Mack had the same influence on young girls to

all these girls started cutting half there hair off too look like a pornstar seriously lol

• The only thing I can legitimately say I know is the Jenners/Kardashians are … sisters?

… and I can’t tell them apart. I mean I can name them, I think we’ve got Kim, Chloey, umm Kylie and oh, one more. Kkkkkkaren?

Kim’s the old one, and one of them’s married to Kanye West (possibly Kim).

What all they do … is beyond me. Like I said, I can’t even tell them apart.

So, to call them influential … no, they’re famous, maybe, and not in a way I’d really want to be. So much work (because they do seem to always be doing •something•) and what’s it all even for? What are they accomplishing?

I’m not `hating` on them … I sincerely have no clue what they’re up to.

True, if I bothered to look them up I could probably find out, but, then, that sort of defeats the argument that they’re influential, famous, and have impact on our lives.

But is this one, Kylie Jenner, becoming too fake? It’s 2015, and history will show plastic surgery is very real and very common, so, no, they’re real. Modified as all hell, but real.

My fear is they’re becoming a bit … and I don’t mean to offend, but, freakishly modified. But, whatever, if that’s their thing, it’s not me putting in all the work, so, why should I complain?

As a guy … I find the piano on the other side of this room more physically alluring. I’m not saying I’d have sex •with• the piano, but I could definitely see myself having sex •on• the piano (but then I’d just have to burn it and that would just raise too many questions — I’m a germophobe). They’re gonna need a hell of a lot more modifying before any of`em find themselves on that piano, naked, with me, though, that’s all I’m saying.

I think I’m going to have to go burn that piano now, anyway.

• Kim, khloe and kourtney are the kardashians
      Kendall and kylie are the jenners

• yeah they are step sisters because bruce jenner and kris kardashian were married (they got a divorce because bruce (now caitlyn) jenner decided to be a transgender)

• @Katieharrison I see.

I’d like to ask, if I may … well, let me give a bit of background so you know where I’m coming from (no pun intended) … I was born in FLA (hence my username: Floridian), for the most part, we live in CA (LA area - Bradbury), but I’m visiting friends in Canada (so, yeah, I travel a lot, but that’s not my point).

My dad’s a studio exec, so it’s not at all unusual to come downstairs and see somebody “famous” (I will never drop names, so don’t even ask) or to go to an opening night, or whatever the case may be … I don’t have “the definitive ranking of fame handbook” with me, but, I know people more famous than the Jenners/Kardashians, and I know people less famous than the Jenners/Kardashians … (but I obviously don’t know the Jenners/Kardashians).

Here’s my question: presuming you also don’t know the J/K’s, why do you care?

I don’t mean to be disrespectful, I’m just curious — what do they do that impacts you?

I ask b/c LA is overrun with paps & it’s a bit crazy.

• Is this a celebrity?

• Was she a guy?

• no. i like the way she is.

• Who? Is she. And from the pics yeah she has had Lot of work done on her.

• What's my own with her

• So fake, and such a bad message. And in all your before and after shots, she's so much prettier in the before pictures!

• I thought she came out of the womb fake. No real man likes this type. Men like Women, not self absorbed girls.

• Get over it. Real men don't go for these chemically injected plastic women.

• Who the fuck is Kylie Jenner.

• Yes and it's a shame. Every teen had an idol who was also a teen they wished to be like. I for one think it should be child abuse to enhance your children like this she wasn't old enough or even had the money yet to do any of these surgeries. I can maybe understand her lip but the rest of her body no. She's just turning 18 her body is not done developing. Even though yes it is her body these younger kids I see now are way more impressionable. She's fake and then promotes chemicals that state will grow this or that what kind of person is this. Everyone has a choice how to live but damn at least the media could not blow everything she does up and keep her out of the spotlight she's still in highschool and doesn't even have a talent that I know of so why is she on my tv

• Im not a of her face lol. I LOVE KENDALL JENNER soo much more. There's more class and level headedness about her. I like my girls Beautiful But not to the point where there loving it too muxh. What happened to teenagers acting like teenagers. Society is fucking us up we need to copy north korea and censor the media.

• Are you being for real, north korea? Hope that was just a bad joke

• Is she really that much of an influence on teens? I mean people pay attention to her for like a day if she does anything interesting but I don't see anyone imitating her.

• Yes she is, along with the rest of the Plasticshians.

How does Kim K wipe her large corn wagon?

• She actually used to be very pretty but at the end of the day it's her life and her body, changing her look like that has put her in the spotlight a lot more and therefore she's getting more popular and gaining more money.

• 2013 is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayy cute. But like a mile.
    Also, the most influnential teen? I didn't even know her.

• At least she hasn't followed the lead of her father and had a penis grafted on - at least not that I've heard about.

• More from Guys
    14

What Girls Said 38

• Yes, but she spent a lot of money to look like Kim... so... I guess she's going for that and she doesn't look bad, she just looks plastic (which is bad to me, but her surgeon is obviously a good one).

hahahaha

• She will always be fake. End of story.

• She's the same age as me, and honestly, she doesn't even look like 17! She looks like she's in her 20's. It's gotten to the point where I pity her. She is pretty in the first pic you posted taken in 2013, she has been pretty all along before all the surgeries and stuffs. It seems like she's following her sister's pathway..

• I'd say yes, she's going down the same path her sister Kim did because if you look pictures of her up, you'll see she didn't always look the way she does now. They were both pretty beforehand, too bad their mother didn't feel a need to share that with them.

• Its not her fault if those girls are too stupid and want follow her ways.

• I think she looks beautiful. There are natural people that have big lips. ( Angelina Jolie) I think if we had not know she had her lips done then people would leave her alone and think she was just pretty. How can you hate her for wanting to look better?
    People need to get over the plastic surgery thing and just accept that some people just want to look better. Plus people that were born with these natural features all they do is just throw it in your face and then people so adore them/idolize them for their looks as if they created their beauty and they take the credit.
    Beauty at some point needs to be understated because it causes too much attention, confusion, envy, competition, grief, and sometimes people have an advantage over others.

• She's not becoming fake she is fake 😂 looks so damn awful an plastic 😭🙊 only one natural is Kendall an she's best looking one they others are phoney hoes

• I can't believe she is 18 !!! i feel like she is 26
    omg

• She's pretty but the plastic surgery (yes she has had more than lip injections) + heavy makeup + heavy photoshop are aging her RAPIDLY. She just turned 18 but she already looks around the same age as her older sisters. She looks at least 28+ now. Also she wants so bad to be Armenian or a POC.

Teenagers shouldn't look to up to her. Most teenagers don't have her lifestyle so they couldn't possibly keep up with her standards even if they tried. If you have to, at least look up to her sister Kendall who is a couture model, still has her original face, and not as much of an attention whore.

At this rate, in 10 years Kylie will be a train wreck and look every bit like Janice Dickinson or Jackie Stallone.
    cdn2-b.examiner.com/.../...d7e38e81adf64059fef.jpg
    www.americancurious.com/.../jackie-stallone.jpg

Is that what any sane person wants for themselves?

• Mmm. I only disagree with two things. Having multiple hairstyles and wearing colored contacts does not mean someone is fake nor does it reflect anything about their personality just as wearing different colored barrette everyday doesn't. If I could choose my eye color every day, you bet your ass I would!

Now, as to influencing our youth, I think too many people are going about it wrong. Why blame Jenner for doing what she wants and having people follow her? Why are we not instead blaming parents and the children themselves for not instilling a sense of self worth? Why are we raising followers instead of leaders and trend setters? If she is impressionable, then good for her. Sure it may not be the best impression, but the more important issue is why are we allowing that kind of impression to be followable in the first place then?

I never get this, really. Why hate on someone for doing what they want and getting attention for it? Instead, put some of that confidence and motivation in our little girls and boys to lead in their own way...

• Fake! The hair extensions, the makeup, the tans, (possibly) a butt lift and (possibly) lip injections! She's so beautiful but she needs to stop mimicking Kim! She is around my age and too young to do that to herself. :c

• yeah, she absolutely has some 'improvements' but there is nothing about her that is actually 'her' now. Which is disgusting, but hey, whatever makes her happy. It just sucks that she's set unrealistic standards for women who rely on a role model like her

• i guess she felt the pressure to surpass her sibling like kendell

• 0|0
  • lol i dont see how people find her attractive. she's had so much work done that she looks like a frog but at the same time people have no right to tell her to stop. she can do whatever she wants. she's not getting paid to be a role model for teens. its a parents job to give their kids a good role model and thats something that kylie didn't sign up for

• Who cares if she looks fake

• She looks much better now. I don't think people should care so much. It's her life and body worry about your damn self. That's what's wrong with people.

• Honest, fake is the way people go , and they claim it makes them more confident. BUT they dont realize if they where to get seen by a psychologist they would all suffer from several mental illnesses not including body dysphoria. And dont let anyone say they respresent natural/organic bodies or they love what they where given people get mad, because weve been taught to hate our bodies. Its sad she is 17, and looks like she is 27. So sad honeslty

• She looks and acts like Kim Kardashian really.

• Wow that's sad. Why do a lot of girls want to look like Kim? *shakes head*

• More from Girls
    18