Skin whitening vs tanning

Skin whitening vs tanning

We live in such a world where in one place being honey is considered being beautiful and being fair/white is considered beauty.

Being honey or dusky is considered ugly and these people are spending money endlessly on skin lightening /whitening products

And people who are fair skinned they pay so much for bronzers, tanning products, sprays and what not as they don't wish to be called pale!

We need to realise that it is our insecurities that are being cashed on by large companies.

Why don't we just accept ourselves as we are rather than trying to ape someone.

Real beauty is yourself not the color of your skin.

I agree some people feel had they been a shade lighter or darker they feel they would look better

But honestly the way u are is the best you!!!

Take care and stay blessed.

Thanks for reading.

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 2

• not my thing

• Let's be honest only a few people look good when they tan, others look ridiculous

What Girls Said 2

• wait... "We live in such a world where in one place being honey is considered being beautiful and being fair/white is considered beauty."... i don't think that its the case for everyone ("we") so i think its not right to generalize like this

• In Europe tanning is much more popular than being white. I do not know US though.

However I agree with the comment ; Real beauty is yourself not the color of your skin.
    True that.

But tanning little is ok. We all need sun at certain extent I believe. To make it excessive amount is dangerous i think.

• True that tanning is needed.
      But not the artificial creams that u need to more attractive.
      Natural things are better and beneficial than fake things

• I live in the us. I think it depends on the region. If you live in the coulder regions, no one is going to care about tanning. If you live in the midwest, same thing no. one cares. But if you live in california or florida, i think lots of people try to get a tan. Which makes since but honestly, who really cares.