Women false advertising

I'm a girl, just to be clear. This is coming from a young woman.

False advertising is real. No one should be wearing that much makeup while trying to get a guy, and then wiping it off once you've caught him. It doesn't enhance your features. Then don't get mad when people say something about it. You are fake. Okay? You know what enhances your features, if that's the look you're going for? Clear or very simaller colored lip gloss, eyeliner, mascara, very subtle eyebrow filling, and a little concealer to hide any larger blemishes you don't like to be seen with.

Need any basic skincare tips? Wash your face 2x a day with facewash that suits your skin. Acne? Use one with salycilic acid or more preferably, benzoyle peroxide. Use the acne one in the morning, and exfoliate at night. Oily skin? Use a oil-free facewash that isn't too rough on your skin (if you can't find cream washes), or just add a little bit of sugar to your cream wash, and wash your face with that in the morning. You probably have acne, so use an acne face wash at night. If your skin is constantly oily, use oil blotting tissues throughout the day. I use rice paper. If your skin is also dry, use a light oil-free moisturizer. There are cheaper ones that are very effective. Some of them have salicylic acid in them as well.

Use cold spoons to get rid of dark circles, which does work well, or use a tiny dab of coconut oil under under your eyes every night. Coconut oil is also a very great moisturizer for lips, and people with extremley dry skin that need to get rid of dry patches.

Women false advertising

So first of all, I'm not saying that it's not okay to wear makeup. Just don't look like whole different person with different bone structers. Your daily makeup routine shouldn't make your skin look like a completely different tone than it naturally is. Sure, fill in your eyebrows. Just don't make them 4x thicker and more shapely than they are without makeup on. Okay, yeah, use a little concealer and foundation to hide some temporary blemishes, scars, and bad dark circles around your eyes. Just don't use pounds of it so it seems like they were never there and your face is immune to any type of imperfection ever. You have dry lips? Okay, that's fine, a little chapstick and lip gloss// lip stick should fix that. Don't make your lips seem like the smoothest piece of skin on your body, and them flip them around and turn them in a shade 3x lighter/darker than they actually are.

Yes, makeup is artistic. I know, I use very unnatural colored eyeshadows and shit. Just look at Juliet Simms!(Warped Tour 2015).

And yes, men know that your lips aren't naturally cherry red, or your eyes aren't actually smokey and purple. They aren't dumbasses. But under all the contouring, they don't actually know what's under there. Use your head for a second.

Make sure your future significant other knows what you look like before they start dating you. Physical attracttion does play a decently big role in a relationship, and some men just actually don't like fake people, even if you do show him what you look like. Hard to belive, I know. And again, we all know you didn't do your makeup for men anyway. Which is great, but just a tip before again, getting into a relationship. All that makeup clogs your pores, especially when keeping it on for hours at a time. Maybe lessen the cosmetics and focus on taking care of your skin a little more. It can't be good for your skin on a daily basis.

Okay, and another thing, they know you aren't products. Stop doing the raging feminist bit and stop taking things so literally. It's stupid. You sound stupid. If everyone used as much makeup as the girls above and below, the world would be physically a lie. What if men used fake molding arm muscles and that much damn makeup too? Yeah, fake. Just fake.

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 20

• Who are you to say that women shouldn't use makeup? It is their choice to use it or not. Make up or not, it doesn't make a girl fake. What makes them fake is pretending to be something they are not or they are backstabbers. A girl can not wear makeup and be a fake prude as much as a girl can wear make up and be the sweetest, kindest person on the planet. Beauty is skin deep, its not always about a girls looks or her make up, it's about her heart and soul.

• if you're fake. get caught out and exposed as fraudulent, serves you right and don't deserve any sympathy. your downfall will give those of us who can't be fake something to chuckle at if nothing else. maybe the human brain just has a pathological need to pretend - who knows!

• 4d

you know people that look better receive better treatment from society. this is simply natural selection. better looking people historically are the people who can fill in their nutritional needs the best, thus these are the people who can survive the best so they have the best chances are reproduction.

in my opinion i can tell even how natural make up looks because skin ALWAYS has flaws. these flaws make us unique human beings.

men should learn from this. if we want better treatment from society we'd do well to take better care of our appearance.

• Awww fuck! The first image makes me sick!

Can you say who the girl is in the first image?

• ewww these were some real transformations in deed. well in my opinion if you are ugly stay ugly. dont deceive me at night, and then we wake up side by side and i get a heart attack. thats unfair... .

• Where is the Scarlet! Lol

• eh whatever. I don't think i like extreme make up. I think part of growing up is accepting yourself but everyone is insecure about their looks. Ideally it would be nice if people rocked what they got. It would be weird if everyone who had a camry (a reasonable car) blinged it to act like they had beemers (a very nice car). Now if you were in a beat up suzuki ( a budget car) but you revamped stuff so that it looks like pretty cool / fun car then that is awesome!

• Man I'm glad I'm a guy. Nothing wrong if ya wear make up so long as ya dont turn concceited or worse look like dang drag queen or clown lol.

• Girls are judged so harshly on their appearance, it's understandable they're insecure and use make up. They shouldn't be judged for it too. Everyone should do with their faces and bodies as they please, and those who have a problem with heavy make up, have a choice of going after girls that don't use any.
    Personally, it's important to me that a girl isn't fake as a *person* and that has nothing to do with appearance. Being genuine is about personality, not about amount of make up someone uses.

• Best male opinion on this thread :)

• We are so accustomed to women wearing makeup it has become normal expect this level of beauty all the time.

It's like the male brain has become hard wired to believe women are naturally this beautiful and the moment we see a familiar face without makeup our jaws drop to the floor.

I understand women like to wear makeup NOT for men but for their confidence, but I would like to think a world without makeup would mean more confident and less insecure women with a realistic standard of beauty for men to appreciate.

• You shouldn't have went Anonymous for that answer, you would have girls all over you lol

• don't say i am the most attractive fruity in the world by being a fake person.

• this is y i h8 make up

• This is what happens when women take their looks and health for granted. They think they can just go tanning, partying and drinking, staying up late and use makeup to cover up their 'flaws'. Smh

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70utG1L5bfU

US MEN ARE BEING DECIEVVVEDDDD

• I have trained my eye to filter out make up

• How exactly have you accomplished that?

And

How reliable is your visual judgement?

• @QooLipBite unless the girl is wearing super light natural makeup I can tell as a general rule with make- up a girls face becomes more symmetrical

• That's why I usually go for girls who use little to no makeup, I know what I'm getting and I'm fucking pleased about it.

• girls NEED makeup. Don't take that life support away from them. We can't all have my genetics

• that's just one part , you didn't discuss about fake boobs or padding and high heels which is also part of false advertising

• High heels are obvious height enhancements. I can understand the fake boob and butt padding. Some guys do the fake "package" as well.

• i think a penis pump is better option for tiny peckers

• Don't forget fake butts! It's a thing now too.

• Imma start wearing fake muscles and and stuff my pants with 3 socks, wear platform shoes with long pants so you can't notice and I'll go from 5'11 and a half to a solid 6'2. Also Ill stuff my wallet full of fake money that looks real so when I pull it out to by something, they notice. But hey its not deception or false advertising, I'm doing all that exhausting BS for my self.

• as long as it looks natural, you can go ahead

• I don't think other women get that even though it isn't bad, it's fake XD

• man i laughed out loud

• Thank god I'm single. Thank freaking god!

• All I'm going to say is if girls do this then guys should be able to wear wigs to cover their balding and not have to tell anyone including the person they're dating. They do it for themselves...

• Men should be able to do whatever they want as well. A lot of men use products for balding, men work out to look better, they dress to look better, they use deodorant/cologne, hair gels, men use lotions/moisturizers etc. but no one constantly make comments about how fake a man is being because he used deodorant...

I think men should be able to wear something to cover things on their face if they choose to as well. The bottom line is it's no ones business what you do with your face or any other part of your body lol

• faaailll like omg XD, did your 14 year old sister take over your keyboard when you wrote that?

And obviously deodorant was the only example that I gave, good job on ignoring the rest. I was saying that people use all sorts of things to cover their looks, smells etc. if you take part in any of that then you'r a hypocrite for telling others that they shouldn't.

• You guys, please. I love you... :(

• funny thing is, when you see a natural lemon you will be disgusted by it.
    the same thing happens with these fake models
    if they were to just be the way they originally looked sales would drop
    just as a disclaimer: i do NOT support the photoshopping of models but i can however understand why it happens

What Girls Said 54

• oh damn! :O its the reason why i barely use makeup.. i don't wanna give people false expectations... i think this makes sense

funnyand.com/.../af73e2eef_730x.png

• ... how ironic is it that u created a take talking SPECIFICALLY about the opposite of a take i did? u even included a pic of the same woman.
    and u used the SAME COMMENT to describe it. FALSE ADVERTISING.

shame on you. a girl who wears makeup is NOT FAKE. just because we women have the 'power' to change or enhance some of our features, it doesn't make us fake as a person.
    this is coming from a person who wears makeup once a week, before u go judging.

NEWS FLASH: of course you're gonna look different with makeup! THAT'S THE FUCKING POINT!
    so therefore, how the hell is it 'FALSE ADVERTISING' if makeup isn't supposed to make you look natural?

if girls or guys can't handle that, then gtfo of her life! simple.

it's people like you spreading hate over something that is actually not so false at all. seriously, I'm so disgusted after reading this. we're supposed to empower each other, and here u r, talking about appearance and nothing more, as if that's all that matters. u couldn't even reveal who u r. I'm pretty sure ur aware this is so messed up.

• They're not false advertising. They're not even f**cking advertising. Women wear makeup for themselves not as an "advertisement" for men. Some people need it to feel confident because they're not comfortable in their own skin, and that is not a crime. If you have a problem with makeup, get over it! If you're a guy and simply looking for someone "hot" don't even bother talking to someone with make-up. It's obvious publicly known information that people don't look the same without makeup. Even people with clear skin can look completely different without the simplest bit of make-up. @EVERYONE Stop shaming make up wearers.

• Yay!!! I second this all the way! 👍

• Exactly! Since I'm willing to bet 95% of the female population will at least occasionally wear makeup, who are they to judge?

If it was socially acceptable for men to wear makeup outside of film industry and media, they sure as hell would!

• I'm afraid to say that I don't fully agree with this take. Women who wear makeup to hide things like acne and scarring are doing it for their own confidence, I know because I had very bad skin growing up and into adulthood. It isn't as easy as using certain products. For me, I have to take vitamins and had to purchase a PMD in order to get mine under control - not everyone has that kind of money to spend on it. Secondly: people need to know that makeup is not what somebody truly looks like. If girls with acne and other issues went out bare faced they would likely be told they "looked like they didn't take care of themselves" or "should try being more feminine." Nobody can win and constantly appeal, so it's up to them to choose what is right for them. It isn't up to us to say "Oh, you can't do that!" I've never known a girl who wore makeup the entirety of their dating experience and then revealed themselves the second the guy was their boyfriend. Dating tip: don't become a unit if you haven't seen them without makeup. If somebody can love you with makeup but not without it, I wouldn't classify that as love. I understand that everybody has the right to be attracted to what they want, but I would hope at that point (the dating point) you would be able to work with what your partner ha.

I don't know, I just don't feel like any sensible person is going to date somebody who they've never seen without makeup. Make a point to know who the person really is, and if they aren't willing to show you, don't date them. It seems more like an issue of rushing into things to me.

• Either every internet makeup artist has bad acne scars or it's a result of wearing to much makeup everyday. To the people who say they don't see people wear this type of makeup everyday then you aren't around makeup artist a lot. This is basically advertisement for their business.

If the first girl took control of her acne and got rid of the scars she'd look the best without makeup. Second would be the Tina Young chick. I don't understand why people who make this kind of money refuse to go to a dermatologist...

But yes I do agree this is false advertisement and if I was a guy and found out later what she really looked like I'd be pissed. But you can't tell me you didn't realize she was wearing makeup. Like come on!

• It doesn't work like that. Not when they are constantly in stress mode. Make up is a last resort to hide the ugly reactions, they have.

• If that's how you believe someone looks naturally, you're stupid lol. You don't have anyone to blame but yourself for believing that.

• Exactly, I was going to say that as well. If you can't tell that someone has make up on, especially that amount then you kind of deserve what you see underneath all of that lol

• nope, i guess it was more of enlightenment by observing

• Look, men aren't really interested in make-up themselves. I, too, find it hard to know if someone has makeup on. I don't have a clue at all what kind of make-up, and how many of it is applied. And I mostly don't even think of make up, I just think like: Oh she looks fine. (not even considering make-up). I guess guy's are bad at those things.

• 4d

How incredibly condescending and uninformed of you to talk skincare like women who wear make up have no idea what they're doing. People can have old scars or conditions in which the skin is always inflamed or darkened. If you don't like make up, you don't wear it. If you don't like a lot, you don't wear a lot. Not every woman walks around thinking of herself as an advertisement. Some of us just like the process and the fun of it :) Besides, if a person has acne or dark circles or hyper pigmentation, who are you or guys to say "that's too much" You try to walk around with scars on your face and feel down about it... if make up is there and can cover it up, why not utilize that? Where is the sense in that? Also, a lot of guys are agreeing with you but they're the same ones who are like "I like natural best" k, so, is acne not detracting?

• 4d

You're really preachy. It's probably because you don't know how to do makeup.

• 4d

in my opinion i think girls who apply too much makeup r just too much i'ma girl myself n i dont really apply anything on my face even though i dont really like my face a lot but its ok to enhance it as long as your features stay the same. changing your features such as your mouth skin tone is just like photoshopping everything n wearing another persons face shows that ur ungrateful to your face even if people hate your face u have to learn to love yourself that's what make yourself unique by embracing it.

• 4d

You literally lost me at 'once you've caught him'. Girl bye.

• 4d

wow !!!

• Who cares if you wear makeup. who cares if you go all out with false eye lashes. who cares if you contour your face. who cares if you wear a push up bra. who cares if you wear high heals. who cares if you enhance your looks to feel better about your self.

I for one am not sorry I wear a push up bra that adds two cup sizes. oops I have small boobs I'm so sorry actually not sorry at all.

I'm also not sorry I sometimes contour my face and put on bronzer so I don't look so white.

And the fact I'm short and I wear like 4 inch heals just so I can be average.

Fuck it I wear what I want for me not to impress a guy. I've been with my boyfriend for 8 years now he knows my boobs aren't big he doesn't care he knows I get a few blemishes here and there and I hide it. He obviously knows I'm short. Who really cares.

You know most of the time when Us girls wear makeup or anything for that matter to enhance our looks it isn't always to create false advertisement it's more likely to give us that extra confidence boost for our self esteem.

• I really don't wear makeup because of those reasons. I'm not attractive and for makeup to look good on me I'd need to wear a ton. I don't want a guy to be disappointed when I take it off. However that is my choice.

I don't think it's fair to judge a woman who wants to wear makeup to look better. I wouldn't call her fake. In fact, some women use makeup to express their personalities.

I think calling a woman a fake for wearing makeup is the same as calling her fake for dressing up.

• So if you happen to have really bad acne and are really self conscious about it, you shouldn't cover it up to make yourself feel more confident and feel beautiful because what?
    You'll give some guy the wrong impression? Because you owe a complete stranger that? Because you have to give up doing your makeup how you like to do it all to appease someone else?

Seriously that's dumb.

• Some days i don't wear makeup others i go all out.
      If some dude or some chick thinks that's false advertising guess what...
      Zero fucks given.

• Ugh, oh well. Just let that person decide whether they want to wear makeup or not.

• Actualllllllllyyyyyyy there are certain skin conditions that no matter what your skin care routine is you still have extreme acne and all those women are beautiful with and without makeup, sad when another women decides to bring down others. So what of it if she's wearing makeup it's her face not yours. Get over yourself

• A strong woman is someone who knows how to lift other women up instead of bringing them down. I'm not saying anything, but I feel like there are other things to worry about than how much makeup a woman is wearing. I agree with everyone else who says that what is fake about a woman is not the amount of makeup, but the way the present themselves. A woman with a fake personality is more fake than someone who feels comfortable wearing what seems like "too much makeup".

• Me @ work = part time model = HAVE TO wear make up + am also photo shopped for web work to varying degrees on the day.

Me not working = neutral coloured lip gloss/lipstick only, even on dates.

• I disagree sooo strongly with this article. Honestly I didn't even read all of it because it's bull. If a girl doesn't feel comfortable with how she looks then she could do whatever she wants to her face. Quit focusing on other people geezz

• More from Girls
    34