Tips and tricks to make your manicure last longer

If you're one of those people whose nail polish chips off in a day or two - which I certainly am - this MyTake may be what you need to prolong the wear of your nail polish.

In addition to a refreshing new hairstlye a cute nail color makes a girl feel more put together and cuter instantly.

Now, with all of these tips and tricks my manicure still doesn't last longer than 3 or 4 days, but that's ad least 2 days longer than what it used to last. Which is pretty cool with me. ^-^

1. Make sure there is no oil on your nails before you apply nail polish. You can go over them with polish remover or white vinegar. The natural oils of your hands can make nail polish chip faster or not adhere as well to the nail.

2. Applying base coat makes the polish last longer – make sure to pay extra attention to apply properly along the tips (where the chipping usually begins).

3. Apply top coat to the edge of nail to seal it properly. This will keep your polish glossy, protect the colour AND make sure your touch dry in minutes.

4. Run your nails under cold water after they’re dry to make sure you’ve got the ultimate seal.

5. Hydrate your cuticles! You can use cuticle oil or even hand lotion; that way, the nail polish won’t peel off from that part of the nail.

P.S.

Soaking your finger tips in warm water with oils could actually prevent the nail polish from adhering to the nail propperly (fact No.1). This is done in salons simply for the papmering effect and to help push up the cuticles.

Good luck, ladies and gents!

LittleSally is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 4

• Can you come for a demonstration, that is better then reading about it ;-)

• Just learn to manicure your own nails.

• Thank you! That will help me so much!!! I hate when my nails chip after a couple days!

• Thanks :) Hope this will help :D

What Girls Said 7

• thanks for this nice take!

• Thanks for this take :)
    I'll follow your tips.

• Danke. This will be undoubtedly useful.

• Thank you for these useful and practical tips. They will definitely stand me in good stead as I am used to getting manicure by myself. Only during vacations or business trips I indulge myself with manicure/pedicure procedures. I`ve just returned from Ibiza, where I got really gorgeous and long lasting manicure. I appreciate such relaxing moments.

• I've yet to go get my nails done professionally. I just always see them being too rough... maybe that was just this one place my friend was in. Hopefully that was an exception. xD

• Great take. Thanks for the tips. :)

• Thanks for the tips.
    I didn't know about most of them. :)

• Have tried them all, still chips within a day if I apply seche vite topcoat. Without it, depending on the nailpolish it lasts anywhere from 1 day to 3. But not a minute longer. And I am not talking about tipwear! I am talking about chipping so bad that the top half of my nails have no nailpolish on them after a day or two, sometimes within hours...

• Yeah, happens to me sometimes too. ;(
      I have really hydrated nails. That can also be a problem apparently. O. o
      Do you have really hydrated nails too? Do they split?

• They split when they get a bit longer. But I use a dehydrator before applying nailpolish sometimes and it doesn't really do anything.

• I've never heard of the dehydrator for the nails. O. o

Yes, mine are too hydrated and they split when they grow a bit more too... it's a struggle keeping a cute nail polish on for longer than 2 days.