If you're one of those people whose nail polish chips off in a day or two - which I certainly am - this MyTake may be what you need to prolong the wear of your nail polish.
In addition to a refreshing new hairstlye a cute nail color makes a girl feel more put together and cuter instantly.
Now, with all of these tips and tricks my manicure still doesn't last longer than 3 or 4 days, but that's ad least 2 days longer than what it used to last. Which is pretty cool with me. ^-^
1. Make sure there is no oil on your nails before you apply nail polish. You can go over them with polish remover or white vinegar. The natural oils of your hands can make nail polish chip faster or not adhere as well to the nail.
2. Applying base coat makes the polish last longer – make sure to pay extra attention to apply properly along the tips (where the chipping usually begins).
3. Apply top coat to the edge of nail to seal it properly. This will keep your polish glossy, protect the colour AND make sure your touch dry in minutes.
4. Run your nails under cold water after they’re dry to make sure you’ve got the ultimate seal.
5. Hydrate your cuticles! You can use cuticle oil or even hand lotion; that way, the nail polish won’t peel off from that part of the nail.
Soaking your finger tips in warm water with oils could actually prevent the nail polish from adhering to the nail propperly (fact No.1). This is done in salons simply for the papmering effect and to help push up the cuticles.
Good luck, ladies and gents!