Shopping for Makeup Tips

SHOPPING FOR MAKEUP TIPS

I want to make things as easy as possible. When you shop for cosmetics, it can be a bit overwhelming. There are tons of brands that can cover a wide array of pricing. I am going to lay out a couple of helpful tips to get you started.

• Understand your budget. While this isn’t specific to makeup, it is good to be responsible.
  • Know the shelf life of the product. Just because you can buy in large quantities does not mean you should. If the makeup spoil before you use it all, you have wasted your money.
  • Do research. You found this website on the web. Keep searching and reading. There is a ton of information available.
  • Ask friends. We all have friends we respect. Ask their opinions.
  • Experiment. Stay in your budget, but don’t be afraid to experiment a little. There is nothing wrong with taking a calculated risk when it comes to buying makeup.

These are just a few of my thoughts on the subject. What are some of your suggestions?

6

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 1

• Thank you this helps me so much!!!

What Girls Said 6

• Love this 💙👍

Thank you for the tips ☺

• this isn't really about shopping but just a warning for the ladies. i recently went to my derm because i had such bad acne. he asked what kind of foundation/concealer i use or any other makeup that goes on my face. he told me to not use ANY mac, chanel, urban decay or anything like that. he said they cause acne. the good ones are clinique and Neutrogena. so beware!

• You are absolutely correct.

• I LOVE This 😍😘❤️👍

• A very good take and you have covered all the major things.

Don't forget to be cheeky and ask for free samples.
    Shop at around, big department stores are often way more expensive than smaller shops such as drug stores and discounters
    Don't be afraid to try a less expensive brand, some my surprise you.
    Ask to try before you buy, a lot of department stores will have open samples, just be aware how many other peoples faces might have been close to it.

• Great Take! This is what I tell others when they are first getting into make-up. Cute image, too! :)

I guess if you wanted to tag on to the research part, is to maybe sign up for email newsletter to some of their favorite brands. Sometimes they will alert you on upcoming sales, send coupons or alert you on a new product that's coming out. I do this with Two Faced, Sephora and Ulta. I'm sure there are others!

Ulta has a membership (free) that you can sign up and they send you a catalog. On the back of each one, is usually a $3.50 off coupon.

Sephora has the Rewards Boutique.

http://www.sephora.com/rewards