Ways to get rid of unwanted body hair

For girls, hair removal is an important part of our regular beauty routine. The following are some methods that you can use to get rid of that unwanted hair.

1. Tweezing

This works by pulling out individual hairs by the root with tweezers. It's best for small areas of the face: eyebrows. Clean tweezers with rubbing alcohol before and after each use to lower your chance of infection.

Ways to get rid of unwanted body hair

2. Shaving

Shaving is the most basic, fastest and painless method for getting rid of body hair and it works anywhere! You can buy razors and shaving creams at grocery stores, pharmacies and even gas stations! Shaving does not hurt but you can cut yourself becuase razors have sharp blades. Shaving can last up to a week before the hair is visible again.

3. Waxing

This is my favorite, yes it hurts but the pain is brief. Waxing strips out all of hair at once by pulling it out of you skin with a strong adhesive. Hair removal wax comes in two forms, a wax that you apply then press paper strips to, or strips with wax already stuck to them. This is often done at a salon, but you can buy at-home waxing kits as. Waxing is another safe way to remove hairs, but don't do it around sensitive areas of skin as it can cause rashes and discomfort. Waxing is generally done on the chest, arms, legs, armpits and bikini area. Waxing can last between 3 to 6 weeks!

4. Hair Removal Creams

This is done in the comfort of your own home and this method is easier if you're prone to accidental cutting from razors, or have trouble shaving. Some people have an allergic reaction to the chemicals which may result in a rash. Hair removal creams are one of the safest options providing you don't have an allergy to them. To check if you do have an allergy you can start by applying a small amount to the back of your hand, waiting five minutes and noting if any symptoms occur like itchiness, irritation or rash, if you do get symptoms, maybe hair removal cream isn't your best option.

5. Laser Hair Removal

Laser hair removal is an effective method to remove hair completely from your body, minimizing future hair growth, however, laser treatments require a lot of patience and money. See a laser hair-removal specialist for a consultation. Go when you have a full hair growth, this will help the specialist to have an idea about the thickness and properties of your hair which would help them to decide the radiation intensity to use. It takes 6-10 appointments to fully remove hair. In order to completely clear your body, you need to have at least 6 sittings of laser hair removal. It can also be painful but the results can last a long time.

cl_517 is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 8

• Gee that looks painful and all but I think I'll pass I like being hairy.

• Good take - Especially educational for anyone experimenting with hair removal or trimming/shaping their body hair.

• Somebody needs to do one for guys. It's a lot harder to find a product that works because our body hair is thicker. Those creams don't do anything and I've even tried Nair "For Men". Doesn't work.
    Waxing only works for about a week and it's expensive.

• Laser hair removal ftw!!

• I was in need of it, have very hairy legs, should I go for shaving, currently I don't wear shorts, only pyjamas and full pants.

• i might get laser hair removal on my back and other parts
    i am tired of grooming myself lol!

• Hmm, I don't really use tweezers for cosmetic stuff. For me, they're more along the lines of dangling live flies into my CPs!

• I personally feel girls/ women don't have to take all the pain to make themselves completely hair-free. Just keep clean, trim/shave pubes and underarms, that's it, and needn't worry about small hairs on legs and arms. Anyway, it's their choice, I don't have any problem either way.

What Girls Said 13

• this is a good one!

I've used all these except laser. i freaking HATE hair removal cream. never using that crap again. it stinks, it burns, and the hair grows out SO gross. on me anyway. =/

i also epilate, even though it isn't on here. that's my favourite for arms and legs.

• laser is the way to go. look around, it's getting cheaper.

• I didn't know about the hair conditioner as shaving cream thing. I might test that out sometime.

Don't forget electrolysis.

• I've never found a hair removal cream that worked like a charm. It always leaves bits and pieces of hair even though I spread it out thoroughly. So I end up having to go over the areas with a razor... might as well have saved the extra time and money by just shaving instead.

A dream of mine is getting lasered in the future. I hope I can save up for it at some point, or that it'll be way cheaper in a few years.

• good one really useful which one sd i take i want hair design over then

• You forgot to mention "Sugaring" which is much like waxing. The Sugar is a sticky mixture of sugar and lemon juice in the simplest recipes. Instead of spreading and yanking like wax, the sugar is rolled as it rolls through the hair it pulls it out to the root. The hair grows back baby soft, for me sugaring lasts a week or more than waxing. I find that sugaring is way less painful and irritating than waxing, leaves my skin smoother too. Look it up on YouTube.

• As a beautician all these methods work well and each to their own., a tip for using removal creams is to use vasoline or a barrier cream on sensetive bits you dont want to burn or remove hair from.

This goes for all pat dry your recently waxed shaved plucked areas and always use a ph neutral after care product

• I have never used hair removing creams.. I think they are bad for skin and we should avoid them.. waxing is great.. shaving when you are in a hurry.. I sometimes epilate too.. it pulls out hair from root so it lasts longer like waxing.. but you don't have to prepare wax and make a mess for it.. lol..

• Wish my skin wasn't so sensitive. Ugh Wax. Pointed slanted tweezers 💞

• I use the shaving method, I haven't tried the conditioner trick but I think I'll do that. Though, I like the smell of my pina colada shaving gel haha

• Waxing is my favorite too!

I tried threading..
    Omg, it hurts!

• I want to try threading also but I'm afraid🙀

• The first time I tried threading, it hurted like hell. Lol. Couldn't hold back tears. I heard that it hurts that it only hurts the first time. So, I went to get my eyebrow threaded few weeke ago, omg it still hurted very badly and the parlour lady kind of makes ny eyebrow thinner than I wanted. Since, then I decided I won't ever get my eyebrows threaded again, lol

• Threading is just like tweezers. The more you do it, the less it hurts. You won't even feel it after alittle while

• I actually do use conditioner to shave lol I use up all my old conditioner this way.