Downsides of Having Long Hair

Downsides of Having Long Hair

As great as long hair is, there's a lot of downsides that come with it. Let's take a look at a few.

1. Wind = The Devil

It'd be nice to be able to walk outside on a windy day without having to brush my hair afterwards or put it in a ponytail. When you have long hair wind tends to be very annoying.

2. You Start to Develop a Strange Fear of Haircuts

I don't know if it's just me or what but every time I go to get a haircut I hold my breath the entire time. One small slip from whoever is cutting my hair and all my years of work is gone with the simple snip of the scissors.

3. It Gets in Your Food

It's quite hard to lean over your plate when you have long hair. Because if you do all of your locks will simply just fall onto that beautiful plate of spaghetti.

4. It Tangles

Getting out tangles is SO painful (most of the time). And the longer hair you have the easier it is for you to get those tangles.

5. You Use A Lot of Shampoo

Gotta get every spot!

6. People Pet You

This is probably why our hair gets dirty. Which brings me back to the shampoo issue.

But seriously please don't pet us. Or anyone for that matter.

7. It Gets in Your Face

Especially if you have bangs. But long hair in general tends to get in your face. It's even worse when it's windy outside!

Anyways that's all! I guess even though there are downsides to having long hair, it's all good. I hope you enjoyed 😊

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 7

• I just wanted to say that I think long hair is sexy as hell.

• Would you be okay if your boyfriend ran his hand through your hair/petted you?

I've always seen doing that as a sign of affection. Of course I wouldn't be cool with it if other people were doing it.

• getting it caught in a fan...

• I love girls with long hair. I like lying down and have my girlfriend dangle her hair up and down my body when she's giving me a backrub. Soo sexy.

• I found my girlfriend's hair in my ass crack when I didn't even see her for 2 days. She has black hair, it is everywhere around the house. :P So yeah, I like long hair; but only so long as it is still attached to your head.

• I love women with long hair and view them as the most attractive. Hopefully I'll find one who can manage those downsides.

• All of this happens to me except the petting one.

What Girls Said 18

• I had REALLY long hair before. Middle of my butt. A real phobia of haircuts really did exist. Now I don't have that problem.
    All true... your mytake... all true. xD

• 8- guys want to have it in their fists all their time.

• The struggles man. I deal with all except people petting me, I hate it too so maybe that explains why.

Each time I cut my hair I will definitely regret it ahah 😂😂 but so far I'm not cutting my hair because the last time I cut it the hairdresser cut it freaking short 😭

The wind one is too damn true! Especially because I have long fringe and the length is until my collarbone. It gets irritating each time the wind blow. 😣😣

• Yesssss! Last time I got my hair cut they said they would give it a trim and I lost three inches 😭 never again!

• Yesss the struggle is real 😭

• u know what thought? even though all of this happens to me, i still like it lol. but yeah no i am NOT cutting my hair. took me 2 years to grow out to the initial length i wanted.

good take =]

• Thank you :)
      But yeah although it can be pretty annoying I love my hair.

• The boyfriend agreed with all this :P It takes him much longer to get ready than it does for me, just because his hair takes forever to dry.

• Exactly !

I love my short hair 😍

• Convertible rides are impossible, lol. I see movies depicting long hair blowing straight back, sexy and neat, in a convertible. The reality is painful face whipping, getting it caught in the headrest, tangled in your sexy sunglasses, and blindness from hair blowing straight across your face.

Long haired girls, we were lied to!! Lol

• Yessss! Omg the truth!

• Too much relation for one post.

Only, I don't use that much shampoo. I use a *lot* of conditioner

• And when you're in bed and your man rolls over on it... You can't get up. If you don't pull it into a pony tail while swimming it can get wrapped under your arms and you can drown...

• Not to mention... when your hair falls out (which it does, naturally, about 100 strands a day or so) you can literally see it EVERYWHERE since it's so long. I honestly have to vacuum my apartment at least every other day because there's just long strands of hair everywhere. If it was shorter then it would barely be noticeable.

• Yess the shedding omg!

• 5- you actually need shampoo on your scalp only... so hair length doesn't matter

• Every time I cut my hair, it grows so quickly, like why not my height? I cut a foot long and now it's past my butt.

• you are young ,,,, it probably won't grow as fast as you age
      or you have a REALLY good diet/genes ! :D

• I eat too much junk so no. And I'm 4 11" and everyone is 5 5'' it kinda upsets me though.

• The stuggle is real :(

• Well I don't use lots of shampoo, but conditioner yes.

Also styling takes so much more time. Like straightening and curling

• Yeah I forgot that part...

• It's still a great myTake :D

• Thank you :)

• Omg, the wind one! Especially since I have bangs. I have to keep fixing it.

I am not too attached to my hair actually. Thank goodness, as I like different haircuts/lengths.

"___ you're eating your hair," lol my friends say it almost every time we go out to eat.

I hate the tangles! I have to brush more frequently.

I use enough shampoo. But sometimes it does require a lot
    I actually really like it when someone touches my hair. I feel relaxed.

Omg, yes to the last one. :o

Great Take! Liked it. :)

• and this is why i cut my hair to just above my shoulders and have never looked back plus styling time is minimal

• U forgot the relentless hours of straightening takes me four hours

• Wow it doesn't take me THAT long to straighten it. It usually only takes me about ten to twenty minutes.

• My hair is really thick and it has to be done in layers

• Haha that makes sense. My hair is actually quite thin.

• Yes... The terrible struggles. I deal with all of those except people petting me.

• To be honest it hasn't really happened to me either but I know a lot of my friends complain about it.