7 shoes every woman should own

1. Black Pumps

They pull together any outfit and add instant sophistication.

7 shoes every woman should own

2. Flats

The run-around shoe and a preppy-wardrobe staple.

3. Ankle-Strap Sandals

Goes with just about anything and lengthens your legs.

4. Platform Wedges

They lend a lot of height and a lot of style.

5. Casual Sneakers

Sneakers are the perfect weekend shoe, pair it with jeans and dresses alike.

6. Flat Sandals

This is the perfect summer shoe, you can pair with shorts or with sundresses.

7. Flat Tall Boots

Tall boots are timeless. They're essential for fall, and add polish to a t-shirt and jeans look.

4219
cl_517 is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Guy

• Nice take - That is all I will say for it is No Man's Land the sacred relationship between a girl and her shoes - I could do a male take on the perfect pair of male shoes but it would be very short as for most men it would only have one point (1) Where the right shoe matches the left shoe.

Most Helpful Girl

• I have all but the ankle straps. They look so flimsy and uncomfortable! o. O

Pretty take. =)
    I love shoes.

Sponsored

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 18

• Barefoot FTW :)

I can't even imagine any girl I've dated having shoes like that. I'll take it a step further. I think with most of the girls I've dated there is no way in hell they'd wear most of those shoes. My ex wouldn't have worn ANY of those.

But if you like them go for it :)

• I think 3 and 4 are completely unnecessary, but the others might serve a purpose. I only have one pair of shoes myself, though, and I don't like sandals because you're not allowed to wear socks with them, which kinda sucks.

• There are only three pairs needed:
    1) Athletic shoes
    2) Tall Boots
    3) Hiking Boots
    4) (Optional) Sandels

• I agree with the first one though!! but i think woman need more than one pair of shoes lol

• I had no idea some of these had different names. I assumed anything that looks like a heel type thing is heeled. Then you have sandals and kicks and boots. Done lol

• so, how to get your basic white girl shoe game up.

• I like one and 2 when my girl Hannah wears some super cute , elegant and sophisticated and she becomes taller

• I support the casual Sneakers : D
    Best shoe ever.

• @justbanannaz this question has you written all over it.

• A girl with sneakers or flat tall boots.

• Wow never knew the names of these things πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• Great take, never knew there were so many kinds lol

• I only think #1, 3 and 7 are hot. The rest I couldn't care about.

• No kung fu shoes?

• Ill marry
    Someone with sneakers

• no sport shoes?

• yes. women own all the material you can.

great take!!

• 1/2 of the shoes you listed are what whores would wear.

• I should think so.
      "7 shoes every woman should own" since I last checked whores are women too.

• "EVERY WOMAN SHOULD OWN"

Are you saying all women are whores?

• what are you talking about? those are all basic must haves... I don't see anything tacky there. Please tell me which ones you mean

• Forgot my wallet.

What Girls Said 41

• great take!!! my fav are flat sandals

• nice :-) these really are just the basics.

In my closet I can find dressy wedges, casual wedges, biker boots, booties, dressy pumps, business heels, flats, sneakers, sandals, strappy sandals, loafers, running shoes, tall boots, flat boots, killer bling bling heels, laced boots, winter boots... all of those in several colors and different styles

... I'm starting to think I have a "shoe problem" :-/ lol

• Yeah so... I own a pair of tennis shoes, a pair of flip flops, a pair of cowboy boots, a pair of silver heels, and... a pair of of snow boots lol

• Ohh I forgot the Cowboy boots, I have a few of those πŸ˜‚

• Those wedges, though. <3

Good Take! I have all of these, but I barely wear my flats. I prefer wedges for dressier shoes. I could always use a bit of extra height, haha. I just got into the boot kick this past winter, and I'm on the lookout for a pair of brown ones now. :)

• we have the advantage of being short sis!! <3 and yes, boots!!! i love boots! good luck finding brown ones :D

• ughhh I have wide calves also and I owe them to soccer, so I know the strugleeeee

• At least they're from something athletic. I don't know what mine is from.

• surprisingly i dont own 1, 2 and 7. should probably get around to doing that.

great take =] the other one i recommend is flip flops :P

• Thanks love 😘 & yes flip flop are also necessary!

• I wear sneakers, sandals (occasionally) and a pair of slightly heeled boots. I never wear huge heels and I don't see the point for the most part. But I'm the athletic, horse riding, farm girl. Heels aren't and probably never will be necessary.

• Man finding tall boots are such a pain. No, impossible actually. My calves are so thick, thicker than a regular person's. Thicker than my mom's even. Even though we have the same body type and size. It's like my calves and ankles are extra thick. No tall boots could fit me.

• Ahh I feel your pain!! I also have the same problem :(

• I HATE that heels are called pumps, high heeled pumps to me mean this: www.polyvore.com/.../img-thing and they're just gross.

Rant over...

• Pointy flats βœ…
    Black pumps βœ…
    Flat tall boots βœ…
    Casual sneakers βœ…
    Flat sandals βœ…

3 and 4 I don't have. I don't have anything against wedges but they aren't for me. Ankle straps heels, Mmm so so babe.

• Yay nice Take! That first pic... I love my black heels. <3
    I do own at least one pair of each of these. But being in Cali, sandals are my go-to things to wear haha. I wish I could wear my boots more often, but I usually have to wait until winter.

• oh yes!! I totally understand the sandal thing!! I have to wait for winter to wear my boots and cute coats :(

• yes I can't waiit!!! haha we have so much in common lol

• Heck yeah! :D

• I feel like I'm too tall for most heels, so I only own one pair of nude patent pumps for certain occasions. And for some reason I have this aversion to all sandals, so none of those. Sneakers and TOMS all day every day for me apart from my steel toe work boots.

• My faves are definitely the sandals 😍😍 I own almost all the designs in that picture I'm feeling guilty for buying so many shoes now πŸ˜“

Should probably get me some boots lol 7 seems pree cool to wear especially during winter! πŸ’™

• ahha you should I love fall tall boots!

• I'm definitely gonna get them this weekend or when and the next time I'm gonna use them is in March xD they're so pretty ❀

• they are! they're my favorite!

• But where's my booties? πŸ‘€

• Fuck high heels and those boots. And the flats. So five out of seven can stay the hell away from me. Sandals and sneakers are welcome. But you forgot thongs. How are thongs not essential?

• I own 2 on that list lol

• I have sneakers and sandals. That's all I need.

• I haaate ankle strap sandals and flat sandals lol! And casual tennis shoes are not a tempation for me. Boots on the other hand lol...

• No to all of them except flats, boots and sneakers.

• Need a new pair of boots, now that you mention it...

• More from Girls
    21