8 Hairstyles I love on Black Women!

1. Senegalese twists / Box braids

7 Hairstyles on Black women I love!

I love getting Box braids and Senegalese twists. This is a perfect "resting" hairstyle because you can give your natural hair a break. This can be kept in anywhere from 1-3 months. This hair style looks so beautiful and is low maintenance because it requires almost absolutely no care to keep it that way.

Who says the above photos were the only look you can do with this hairstyle?

You can flip your hair into a pony tail, or a classy/elegant updo if you want to play with your look a little

2. Twist out

You can braid your hair in as many braids as you want. The longer you leave the braids in, the curlier your hair will be when you loose it out. I usually take the braids out after a few days. You can't go wrong with this hairstyle! I have always been a fan of curly hair because it looks fun!

3. Corn row

I love this hairstyle because it allows me to show off my pretty delicate features. It's a change from the hair usually bouncing on my shoulders or in my face. Not to mention...this type of hairstyle makes your head feel smaller. You'll know what I am talking about if you're an hair extension wearer or naturally have full and big hair. You can put just about any hat on your head without having to fear that it may be too small due to your hairstyle.

Typically, this hairstyle lasts me 3 weeks to 1 month because it starts to frizz out.

And well, I'm a young lady that likes to look tidy.

4. Dreadlock updo

I don't have dreads but I love when I see people having their long locks up in a updo. It looks so elegant and beautiful. These of course, aren't the only ones! I generally think they look great if you know what you're doing with your hair, or go to a hair stylist that can master that art.

5. Kinky twists

By now you should know me, I am a fan of curly and fun! You can use your own hair to achieve this look, or get extensions placed in. This hairstyle looks so natural and tends to frame the face well in my opinion.

6. Hair weave

Some people like to get their weave wavy, straight, or curly.

I think they all look nice.

Whichever texture you choose to get find out on how to manage it. The way I take care of the straight hair would be totally different than the way I care for the curly or wavy.

When buying hair packs, I personally like to stay away from the cheap weave hair packs. Why? They make huge claims but do the opposite. 100% human hair? Yeah right!

They usually tend to shed the most or tangle. If you want to walk around like a dog that's shedding fur then be my guest to invest in that $30 pack.

The hair weave can be costly if you want quality, but it's worth it in my opinion.

Some people rewash and reuse their weave, so they definitely get their money's worth. For a fun look, I like to dye the tips honeybrown/red or buy a weave with streaks already in it.

7. Afro

This is probably one of the most simplest hairstyles I have put up. It's your hair and requires no hair installment. Just get a afro pick and comb your hair out. As people with curly hair, you probably experience hair shrinkage from time to time. If you can, further stretch your hair by blowing it out.

If that's not the look you're going for, like the lady's above photo you can put in certain hair products to further define/enhance your tightly coiled hair. Your hair will shrink a bit but it will still look nice.This adds to the spice in the look.

8. Mohawk

I love my thick, long flowing hair but I can't help but love when some women get their hair in a mohawk.

I say some, because whether you can pull this look off or not depends on your face structure. You have to take this into account especially when going with a hairstyle that creates a lot of edge. Of course, there's a large amount of mohawk hairstyles to choose from. These are just the few that I like.

The list can go on and on....

I'm a woman that constantly has a new look every few months.
There's nothing like taking risks with your hair and trying new things!

Stacyzee is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 17

• I think box braids look beautiful but they look so damn hard to maintain.

• I have them on and they're not. All I do is slept with a cloth on my head every night. I take it off when I wake up. That's how you keep it neat.
      You pretty much do nothing to them to keep them that way.

• Oh wow that's surprising to me. Very cool. Thanks for the info.

• No problem

• My favourites from those 8 are the Sengalese twists/Box braids ( especially down a la first two pics ) and the corn rows. Good take - Nice to take in the range -It is kinda interesting for me also because I probably come from a country (Ireland) that is probably 95% plus white population wise so would not see much cultural/racial diversity everyday.

• I love the look of #1 !

I never understood why so many black women do away with their natural texture so often. Those are all cute hairstyles. :)

• 1, 4, 6 and 7 : D.
    I just can't get behind Mohawks lol

• Nr. 3 tends to look great on black women.

• This hearstyle make me fill fly

• Alicia Keys makes everything look good. LOL

But seriously, I agree, cornrows especially look great on black women.

• 6 is my favorite.

• AS LONG AS ITS NOT A WEAVE... HAHAHA!!!

• Why not? It's Mine cause I brought it :D

• Yea cause only black women wear weave? U are the biggest troll on Gag.
      I see most of your responses to other members are of a trolling nature.
      don't worry gag will take care of u soon enough.

• i don't care what other races do. Blacks only wear weaves to look like them and that has to stop. Am I a bad troll or a good one?

• All very nice #1 being the best. I love black women..

• Numbers 1, 5, and 6 look great. Number 2 has a bad pic, but I've seen some better ones irl. The mohawk is awful.

• Corn row, hairweave and mohawk 😍

• Also the Senegalese twists / Box braids... that looks quite exotic

• Lol and kinky twist... love those little curls

Not a fan of the afro

• I love really long hair in women when it is loose but I make a difference between white and black women. For a white woman, long hair gives her an extra appeal, but for a black woman it is mandatory to have long hair to be attractive for me.

Therefore, I like 1, 3 and 6 styles:
    cf.girlsaskguys.com/.../...a-8922-35421fbda9a2.jpg
    cf.girlsaskguys.com/.../...e-82aa-2aa1ce943bc2.jpg
    cf.girlsaskguys.com/.../...f-bdd7-84e5fa486ddc.jpg

I would like 5 style for a longer hair:
    40.media.tumblr.com/.../...2dkYP81u5rzx3o1_400.jpg

• Oh my, Some of the makeup these girls are wearing is absolutely awful -_-

The first one has just completely ruined her face.

• Honey, if you don't like makeup, don't wear it. But don't go around criticizing other people's appearance just because they do something you personally don't like. I for one think she looks fine, and in any case I think how she looks is up to her, not you.

• I have to agree with you... It wasn't the best look for her!

• @cipher42 technically all he was saying it's badly done makeup. I do think her skin would look better with berry red or nude or... Anything but that particular shade of fuchsia honestly.

• I like all of them but afro is lovely one (i like it most)...😻

• Great take. The dreadlock updo can look great, but I like simple regular dreads the best. They don't even have to be long. The short ones like this look nice too :)

www.short-haircut.com/.../...for-Black-Women-6.jpg

Not really feeling the mohawk. That's the only one I'm not feeling, but even that I'm sure there are probably some that look good. Maybe I just didn't like the examples.

Again great take. There are so many unique things women (black women in particular) can do with their hair.

• The photo you just posted is actually the box braids (which is similar to the 1st pic I put) just a lot shorter with the ends burned to keep it from unraveling.

:) Thanks for your comment.

• Oh. Shows how much about hair I know lol. XD

• I like that all but one of them (well, maybe 2, depending on the Mohawk) are natural and not straightened!

What Girls Said 27

• Thanks for the myTake. I was wondering what some of these are called.

• My hair is natural at the moment, but I love the box braids!❤️ I had them in for a while and I loved them! Great take!

• So pretty 👍

Such hairstyles suit not only to black women. I love hair weave. It always look nice. When I want to impress someone I clip in hair extensions (ordered on https://rus-hairextension.com ) and make a nice weave hair.

• I love the tapered cut on natural hair. Permrod set. Updos. Skinny box braids. And a good weave with blended hair or closure.

• Weaves look great when they aren't all gelled and sprayed down. Never cared to do them because it took too long and was work to keep up. Wigs are my life now. I want to try box braids one day. The kinky natural ones are cool too.

• Most of the young black women I saw around had "Hair weave" and "Box braids" style. I think they look like barbie dolls with that hair style.

• I'm white but have 'Black' hair. I should seriously get it in box braids, as my hair is a nuisance and I don't want to cut it short. I would only be concerned if I was sleeping and my neck would be sore in the morning.

• Why would your neck be sore?

• That's true. Which is why I sleep with a head tie (cloth) on at night. It keeps the hair tidy and sleeping comfortable. You can sleep pretty much anyway you like;

• Ok, I will get it done soon :)

• My hair is kinky like a black girl except I'm not black I'm latina... but I always thought black girls are so pretty especially there natural look in that afro , it's so different and unique

• Love love love #1!! I've always wished I could style my hair like that. Maybe with some kind of weave?

• Well, not weave hair since weave is only layered to be installed a certain way.
      You should get human braiding hair (which is silky like a weave) but not weave hair itself.

• Ohh ok. Can I find that at Ulta or Sephora or something?

• Any beauty supply store if you have those where you live

• Waw so exotic! I loved those hairstyles :)
    I have curly frizzy hair so a lot of those styles would work on me ^^

• I'm Asian. Can I get the first hairstyle or would that be too much.
    Why are so many people against weaves? The one you posted looks fantastic! A great way to get longer hair without having to wait for it to grow back!

• Do you want to use your own hair or synthetic hair like the girls have?

• My hair is short. It looks better with long hair doesn't it?

• I personally love it long. But some people get it shoulder length or shorter (depending on preference ). The hair style is done with synthetic hair which cost about 2 dollars you may need 3 or four packs. The hairstyle costs 120 dollars where I live because it takes 5-6 hours to do.
      Since you have silky hair because of your ethnicity I would advise you to get human hair which is a little more expensive.

• Sorry no. You guys just weren't blessed in the hair department.

• Do you know each and every black persons individual hair length and thickness?
      No you don't ms. nony.
      So keep hiding.

• I like number 6 hair styles

• I am not black and I havn't done my hair like this but I love love love big thick twists. I think its the prettiest hairstyle.

• I love those, beautiful examples and women by the way.

• What do you think about relaxed hair? Well actually I guess that it wouldn't be that diffrent from weave except for the fact that it is the person's hair and is probably thicker.

• Relaxed hair is nice but I'm not big on it since the chemicals ended up balding me. I had to start my hair growth all over.
      I personally wouldn't do it but love it on others.
      Rihanna photo has relaxed hair.

• Omg, the afro looks so sweet! :)
    Black girls are beautiful. <3

• I envy ladies of colour, their hair is just beautiful! I love, love the first hair style, I don't mind the deadlock updo either just beautiful ❤

• Those styles are really wonderfull. Wish I had thick enough hair to pull off braids! to each their own I guess

• You can get hair extensions braided in.

• They're a very low maintenance hairstyle and don't require much up keeping. But I get what u are saying, maybe it isn't for you.
      Do u currently just style ur own hair?

• I just cut them every 2-3 months and style them, straight, wavy or curly. I very rarely pull them up to go out. Haven't dyed them for 2 years. I try to keep them healthy, so they can grow a bit longer

• More from Girls
    7