Girliest Car of All Time: Dodge La Femme

I'm a car geek who is very big into automotive history, old cars, hot rods, and more. I was inspired to write this take because there are certian cars out there that appeal more to women than men. And some men wouldn't feel comfortable driving a car with a girly reputation. But I think that by far, this is the girliest car to ever exist.

Dodge La Femme: 1955-1956

Girliest car of all time

Available in two-tone paint colors of rosy pink and white, or soft lavender and white, and a golden La Femme fender badge, there wasn't a car more feminine than this one.

As you can see with the rosy pink interior and flower patterned seat upholstry, very Dodge La Femme came with a matching purse, comb, cigarette case, face powder compact, lipstick case and a coin bag. The purse and its contents can be found inside a compartment behind the passenger seat. Behind the driver seat is a compartment for a matching umbrella, raincoat, and dress to match the interior of the car.

Check out the full list of La Femme accessories here http://www.dodgelafemme.com/access.htm

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Girls Said 7

• The color is nice. But I'm not a fan of the inside, and it must be terrible on gas. A girl has to look out for her wallet.

• My research says it's 16-17 mpg with a stock engine. Good thing this car comes with a custom wallet :D

• XD oh jeez, yea, I couldn't handle that

• Oh my how cute! I want it! haha

• That is one crazy car! The Nissan Figaro is about as girly a car as I could handle, I think these little repro's are gorgeous!

I love the old concept cars from the fifties, did you ever see the campers people built from old fifties cars? Amazing creations!

assets.blog.hemmings.com/.../...ockAway_03_700.jpg

assets.blog.hemmings.com/.../...ockAway_02_700.jpg

gmauthority.com/.../1935PontiacCamper-711x340.jpg

My favourite old school vehicle though has to be the GM Futureliner though... amazing things! I would absolutely love to own one

image.trucktrend.com/.../...rliner-Concept-Bus.jpg

• Holy shit those Vintage concept motor homes are amazing! I've seen the GM future liner in a museum, but I've never seen the other two. Are those other motor homes real concept vehicles? Or just custom fab jobs?

• That motor home is called the Shamrock Way by the way

• They are about the size of a bus, but a little taller. I didn't get to go inside though.

• I actually want to buy myself a pink car as much to my parent's horror. In a way, its a safe bet, no guy would want to look gay stealing my car and I'll be the only one driving. I'll have any of those cars (preferably the pink one!).

• The original Volkswagen beetle. Who the hell would want to drive that

• Wow, this is the most amazing car ever!! I need this in my life

• Dream Car!!! :O :D

What Guys Said 8

• That's pretty cool, not my color choices obviously but you have to admit that was pretty clever marketing and extremely progressive for a car company to tailor a vehicle towards a woman especially during the 1950s.

• I concur. Unfortunately this LaFemme edition didn't sell all that well because it was too feminine. Sometimes the husband drives the wife's car and it didn't work out that well for this one. Less than 200 of these are known to exist.

• And out of those remaining 200, there is enough steel to build 500 "2016" dodge darts.

• Hahaha yet the guys in the picture still leads her to the passenger side. Gotta love the 50s.

Honorable mention to the new beetle wich came with a factory plastic flower as an option.

• How come a CAR can be girly?
    Thanks god this was made in the fifties so I can understand the sexism.

• I do remember these cars. They didn't sell many and Chrysler got a haircut on them. Just like Ford with the Edsel. That was one ugly car.

• Is it just me or is it the colour that makes it feminine?

I would drive it if it was light grey on the outside and white on the inside.

• I suppose if you removed the flowery upholstery, got rid of the purse & accessories, took out the built in make up kit, painted it a gun metal gray color, and took off the La Femme badges from every corner of the car, the car would be defeminized.

• I see your old Dodge and raise you a Nissan:

images.honestjohn.co.uk/.../...icra%20CC%20(3).jpg

• Well that Nissan is gonna be girly no matter what color you paint it. That's for sure. Add the La Femme's flower seats and accessories to that pink Nissan, it will out-girly my Dodge no contest

• I still think the mazda miata or rx8 takes the prize

• What's feminine about rx8? Looks perfectly unisex to me.

And the miata... that one is just ugly

• A car more girly than a V6 Mustang, VW New Beetle, and Scion tC... wow.