Busty Girls! Let's make our own bras in protest!

Hello! Some of you may know me as the Busty Pride girl because I'm proud of having a big chest and I even went as far as to write a whole myTake on it. However, I still get discriminated against because of my large bust from either rude comments, suggestive remarks, and, my least favorite as no amount of a good attitude is going to change it; the cost of bras.

In the myTake; "Dear Bra Manufacturers" http://www.girlsaskguys.com/occasions-gifts/a24163-dear-bra-manufacturers-why-do-you-charge-busty-girls-a-fortune-on I asked why smaller chested girl are charged less on a reversible push-up bra with extra padding than we are an incorrectly fitted bra with cheap lace (and I recommend you go and read that to learn more about why this makes me so angry).

To protest against this discrimination against our ample bosoms and our bank accounts, I suggest we stop buying bras!

Obviously, I'm not saying that we should stop wearing them. I believe that we should be like Gandhi and rather than buy the necessities from those who treat us unfairly by charging us a fortune, we make our own!

It's not as hard as it sounds, I promise. In fact here is this great step by step tutorial on this great website, instructables.com, that I found; http://m.instructables.com/id/Bra/ So you can make one of your own size and taste!

If you don't know your bra size, you should check out this video tutorial on YouTube (it was a life savior for me):

Now that we know what we are doing! Let us protest peacefully with support!

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 4

• You seem so passionate about this lol

• Good take I went out with a large chested girl and it is one of those cases of you don't understand until you walk a mile in their shoes. For this girl to get a good quality bra that looked alright and offered proper support caused a fortune. The sexy underwear and lingerie selection was so limited compared to smaller chested girls - I have seen it happen and can understand your frustration especially when support is a major factor in large chested girls' choice.

• i'm glad to see a person shares the same adoration of boobies as i do... .

• I fully support your large breasts and your movement.

What Girls Said 5

• Have YOU actually made your own bra? I do a lot of sewing and tailoring. ( I even sell my work) I have made most things. Corsets, panties, dresses ( casual, occasion, formal, costume, stage, bridal) jeans, shirts, coats, suits etc. A bra I have not made. There are several reasons why:
    1. A lot of the fit issues you described have to do with fit. This requires the designer (you) to either 1. draft a new pattern. Or adjust an existing block ( not something for a beginner)
    2. The materials required to make a bra are hard to find. You can't always find them at your local fabric store. ( in my case I would need to online shop two stores ( one in Sydney, the other in Melbourne) In order to get all the materials required to make one bra. The fabric and lace required for bras need to have a little stretch to them, but still be strong. You can avoid this by purchasing kits. A company in England has make your own bra and pantie kits. They too had trouble finding the correct supplies. So their colours are limited.
    3. The bra is not a beginners project. If you are still learning to thread your machine, and sew in a straight line. Then I would suggest something more easier to begin with. I have seen so many people give up sewing because they start on the wrong project, and stop because they believe themselves to be bad sewers. When in reality, they were working on a project that would make even experienced sewers a little nervous!

• Wow I wanna make my own bra!

• I'm a DD and I can always find cute bras, I go to Victoria Secret. Not sure about anything larger than though, i've heard this a lot from girls with larger breast but i've personally never had that problem lol

• VS people usually get the band size too big and the cup size too small.

My correct size is 34h/34ddddd US, 34ff UK. This is a size that does not exist at VS, where they were always trying to get me to buy 36dd's.

Cleo by Panache is my new bff <3

• Yeah I agree some of their sizing is off but i've found that issue with a lot of different brands. I just pick a brand I like and know my exact size in that brand and just get a bunch of those lol. I do that with my other clothes as well.

• Wow, I'm going to try to make my own bra. 😄
    (Thank you for that video! 😍🙌 I really needed something like that!)
    By the way, thumbs up for this myTake. 👌

• Speak for yourself, I have a big chest and I have no problem buying bras, you just have to know where to get them. And I'm not going to stop buying bras I'm a DDD to E cup. If I can get a bra you definitely can