Beauty Trends That Need to Dissapear

If you read my previous Take, it was about (possible) upcoming trends in 2016.

Now, 2015 was a year already filled with its own trends and fads - thankfully some only lasted a little while - and some really need to dissapear now.

1. Dyed Armpit/Pubic Hair

Sure, body positivity and all, but who in the right mind would have started this? Oh right, Miley Cyrus. I don't hate her, but I hate the trend.

Beauty Trends That Need to Dissapear

Cookie monster from your pits! How cute.

2. Stiletto Nails and Bubble Nails

Two extremes.

The "Gorgeous Wolvarine" nails

The "Hey look! I stubbed my fingers!" nails

3. Eyebrows on "fleek??!?"

These include the crudely-drawn, uneven, and extreme brows. I mean if that's your thing, by all means go ahead.

(Or go online and read up one of the million tutorials on how to do your brows sort-of nicely)

4. Clip-In Man Buns

Man buns can look great. Same with extensions. Maybe I'm just judging too hard, but clip-on man buns just look awfully unnatural.

Not to mention I get jealous that my hair doesn't stay in place as nicely.

I generally try not to hate, but I just can't find myself appreciating these forms of "artistic expression."

All in all though, just do whatever you like.

Merry Christmas :)

sherbearee is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 27

• I AGREE with these

• Nose piercings as well

• Man buns CANNOT look great. Not EVER. I have to swallow my vomit anytime I see one - which thankfully isn't often as I live in the suburbs and am relatively free of dirty hippy hipsters.

I'd never even SEEN those bubble nails, but those also made me retch.

• Haha have you ever seen the video where two guys run up on guys with man buns and cut them off? 😂

• I can't disagree - Thankfully I have never seen (1) or (2) before so am hoping trend may fade away unnoticed. (3) is another example of anything done to extreme is usually not a good look. (4) You find yourself just screaming "Nooooooo"

• Hahaha this was hilarious, only knew of the eyebrows and the stiletto nails, and I agree all of this has to disappear.

The clip-in man bun is hilarious xD

• These are punk culture trends. They are simply not normal.

• Don't forget sternum piercings. They don't look good on anyone. Any time I see someone with one, I want to hook something to it and lead them around like cattle.

• 10/10 wolverine nails to stay!

Think about your back after them ! 😈😍

• Have to say my imagination came up with something else when I saw "Clip-In Man Buns". Wondering how they clipped in. lmao. I guess the only trend I knew about already was the dyed armpit hair. I imagine that may not fade so fast because it is a different group that even grows armpit hair. (Does not bother me, though. Just saying)

• "I'll tell you where you can clip your man buns!"

• @BelleGirl21 - Well you know my feelings on that. You can harass me all you want. My inbox is always open for you. lol

• lol what is dis shit.

• Armpit hair on a woman is a deal breaker for me.

• Armpit hair on a guy is worse bc there's more and its gross.

• @Azara I have offered to shave my armpit (and other) hair with every sexual partner I've ever had, and every one has said no because they prefer I be a man, not a woman.

Body hair is masculine, not feminine.

• I refuse to shave myself in any capacity because I, personally, find that chest/armpit/crotch/leg/beard hair is manly and I like reflecting that in my appearance.

As for women, I prefer them hairy, including armpits. Keep in mind that shaving is a relatively recent development, I think starting in the 1900's. For the thousands of years before that, with a multitude of blades lying around, women didn't shave and men were completely okay with it.

• 1-Dyeing your armpit hair is just silly unless it's for Halloween, and even then it's questionable
    2-Stiletto nails-yikes! looks dangerous! Freddy Kruger meets haute couture
    Bubble nails- why? seriously why?
    3-eyebrows on "fleek" ? ? ? that pic alone is lmao!
    4-clip-in man buns - *face palm* - as if man buns weren't bad enough--almost makes me miss the days of mullets, almost...

• All of these plus nose studs and wrist tattoos please.

• But I like "wolverine nails".

• If some girl had any dyed armpit hair or public hair I would quickly leave.

• Hoooly shit that baby cracked me up hahahahahaha

• Manbuns look so feminine I rather have them men look like jesus.
    Girls trends are also crazy and unnessesarry, what comes next? Mustache girls

• I like the claw nails on a girl though...

• I wasn't even aware of most of these...

• More from Guys
    7

What Girls Said 27

• Hahaha i didn't even know the last one on this list existed!
    Lawd!

xD

Entertaining mytake. =)

• LOOOOLLL i love this!

"cookie monster from your armpits!" 😂😂😂

• The Stiletto Nails make me think of the claws on valkyr. :D Though her's aren't that long only when she uses one of her skills.

pre00.deviantart.net/.../...emaxmarine-d7zvo3g.jpg

• i'm only familiar with the stiletto nails.
    seen them around for the last 5 years.
    much longer than the ones in that pic.
    i don't know how they are able to apply makeup with such long nails.

• clip in man buns, omg hahahaha

• I've never actually seen anyone with dyed armpits before. that one is pretty interesting actually. it looks better than it would with a natural color.

• those are all terrible!

• I think it's about time I took NASA up on that offer to relocate to Mars.

• Don't forget contouring , women think it makes them look good, but it just makes them look masculine and like drag queens

• Oh for the love of Pete these are all horrid! 😦

• Arm pit hair is disgusting, but i dont think dying it makes it worse. I think its better and at least hers is a strip. guys have bushes under their arms. so gross.

• yea, it actually looks better in an unnatural color

• I think so. Also that Woman happens to look really attractive... some turquoise on her skin isn't changing that. the color suits her anyhow.

• I really like the stiletto nails. But the bubble ones are weird and ugly

• First picture very bad

• I agree that these don't look so good on people but people should have the freedom to do whatever they want with their bodies... so i dun think they should disappear

but honestly yeah... these look pretty bad ;-; the first one especially lol, shaving makes you look a lot more elegant

• I didn t know most of them :P
    Well I am open and all but this is just nahh

• Ha, love this take - AGREE!

• I agree with you a lot

• I love stiletto nails, but i do them short. I don't like the long ones, they are dangerous.

• I love stiletto nails

• OMFG XD bubble nails. Wow, I had never heard of this doozy.

And clip on man buns are just sad.

Besides those crazy eyebrows, the fade eyebrows. Ugh

i.ytimg.com/vi/eIlVPohHks4/maxresdefault.jpg

i.ytimg.com/vi/wYoDvo0MKUM/maxresdefault.jpg

40.media.tumblr.com/.../...8XlfK1ue2ilko1_1280.jpg

• More from Girls
    7