Work It Girl: Summer Colors

Summer Colors: Finding the right shades for you: Rocking the look

As summer approaches, it's time to start shedding those heavy layers of clothing and busting out tanks, and shorts, and summer dresses in all the colors in the rainbow. Wearing color, especially bright colors, tends to indicate to others without you saying a word, that you are more of a happy, upbeat, more youthful seeming, and approachable person (whether true or not) vs. those who have a tendancy to always wear just darker clothing no matter the season. However, just as not every clothing style can look great one everyone, the same is true for different colored clothing.

FINDING THE RIGHT SHADES FOR YOU

One of the first steps to finding clothing colors that are more suited towards you, is to figure out your undertone and whether or not it is considered cool or warm. By doing this, you can find shades that play up your natural coloring. If you don't already know what it is, you might have experienced this very understanding when you worn a certain color in the past and all of sudden it seemed like everyone was complimenting you. Find your color tone and colors that work for you below.

Work It Girl: Summer Colors

Now, having figured out whether you're more of a cool or warm color woman, don't get so bogged down in "having to only wear certain colors," From now until you die, you can wear what you want and what makes you happy, but using the charts can help you select colors, or shades of your favorite colors that will really play up your skin, make-up, and hair color, and make you stand out.

ROCKING THE LOOK

When you are looking at the pictures below, pay attention to the women who are wearing them. Notice their skin tones and how they work with the colors they are wearing. This should visually help you to understand how different colors really do work with different skin tones and how that can help you to shape your colorful summer wardrobe. Also, the easiest way to put together a colorful outfit is to view the chart above that lists colors that work well for either your warm or cool tones, and then simply mix and match!

The Warm Family

The Cool Family

12
BeeNee is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 1

• WORK IT GRLLLL

What Girls Said 12

• I am a cool tone girl, but I'm getting the look from the first picture of outfits - the last outfit with the burnt orange dress! Oh, love it. =)

• AWESOME MYTAKE!! haha I literally was looking at my veins on my inner wirst and it looks like I'm blue and green (so neutral? If anything)

give me one of everythinggggg!! 😍

• I love all of these looks!
    Great job!
    I never really thought to look at my wrists in that way until this take, very informative. I'll try out some of these colors :)

• love the lavender dress and the baby pink x pastel mint paired with white stilettos ♡

• wow, I don't like any of the clothing they're wearing. though I like the shape of the bottom purple dress.

• That's okay, just use (or don't) your coloring to help you to find colors and clothes you feel good in. That's what personal fashion is really about anyway.

• This is amazing!!!

• I want all of it!!! GIVE IT TO ME :)
    great mytake. It's going to help me since i am god awful at choosing clothes for Summer time

• LOL! I'm glad it helped. Just have fun with your summer colors.

• This was really great

• Great info! I'm a "cool" color Which means I can wear my fav colors turquoise, blue green and pink. Yay😀
    Thanks for sharing!❤️

• I've been told that pink , red, yellow and browns fit me well. My wrist is predominantly green.. well the veins. They are very noticeable. Purples, blacks and greens do nothing for me really. I mean they are all nice colors but they dont make me "POP" at all. As for the jewelry , my bro thinks I look good in silver but Gold looks special on me. Not sure is am warm deep or medium tho. Thanks for doing this take. I will def be using these colors for summer :)

• Great MyTake :)

• i have a warm undertone and those colors are beautiful