Which is more attractive: Blonde or Brunette?

#kitkatalie I have been both blonde and brunette, and there are definitely perks of both! Of course redheads are great, but today, we're discussing blondes and brunettes.

PROS of being a BRUNETTE

I am a natural brunette. I have very pale skin and dark blue eyes, and I find that brown hair looks great because it is an eye-catching contrast between my skin and eyes. I also think it looks very sophisticated. Dark hair adds a little more mystery to your appearance, especially if you are wearing other dark colors. It also looks great when you are wearing white, because you don't look too light. I think dark hair is beautiful and sophisticated.

Which is more attractive: BLONDE or BRUNETTE?

CONS of being a BRUNETTE

Some of the not-so-good things about having dark hair is the fact that when you are doing complex hairstyles, you can't really see the definition in your hair. Also, if you are a girl who likes to wear a lot of black, your hair just kind of "disappears" into your clothing and you can't really see it.

PROS of being a BLONDE

Blonde hair is very pretty, especially when doing complex hair styles. Although you don't have that eye-catching contrast between your skin tone and hair color, you have a different eye-catching attribute: your hair itself! It is very light, so if you were standing in a crowd of people, you would be noticed first. If you like to wear a lot of black, your hair will definitely stand out against your clothes! Blonde hair is very fun and gorgeous.

CONS of being a BLONDE

You don't really have as much contrast and definition in your face, so your facial features might look bland and boring, especially without a lot of makeup. That isn't necessarily a bad thing. Some people like that look. If you aren't a natural blonde, then that's a HUGE con. Blonde is such a high-maintenance and damaging color. It's so easy to mess it up! You can have terrible roots and brassy orange tones.

Which is more attractive?

Well, as you can see, there are so many pros and cons of both colors, so I would say that it is all personal preference. Some people prefer blondes, and some people prefer brunettes. Some people prefer girls with crazy colors like blue or green, and some people prefer red heads. I like the ombre look, which is brown fading gradually to blonde (pictured below). Let me know what hair color you like the best in the comments!

Catalie is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 39

• Brunettes are far more attractive than blondes - it's not even a contest. Although I have certainly seen some sexy blondes from time to time, dark hair on a female especially if she is fair-skinned is a definite epitome of beauty and much more desirable.

The media likes portraying blondes as God's gift when I think a lot of men - if not most - prefer brunettes.

• To put it more accurately, White Women in general are the most preferred and are the epitome of beauty.

• @Socialrealist Yeah, kind of. Though I also meant Latinas and Asian women too.

• Agreed. If she has some tan to her and dark brown hair that brings out her eyes. Oh myyyyy.

• Both are nice but I suppose, all else held equal, I prefer brunettes

• It depends on the girls face, both are real nice though

• 5d

Blondes are way better!

• I fancy the dark haired biatchs.

• Ain't it sorta subjective? Personally, brunettes.

• Brunettes. Hands down.

• I like women who look a little more exotic. Brunettes have a wider variety of features from varying colors of brown, their eyes are typically brown or darker hazel. And their skin tone can vary greatly.

But I'm partial to Asian, latina and middle eastern women so there you go.

• actually neither

• There are chicks that look much better blonde, redhead, punk hair (blue/pink), brunette, black etc etc, it's all about the face and style. Also even the upper body comes into play.

The less defined the face, the darker the hair that suits it. Simple rule to follow. Very defined faces suit brighter hair.

• That's a great rule!

• The first girl you posted would look much better blonde. The latter seems to really suit it because her face is wider/flatter in general.

• No discussion blonde I want a blonde as a girlfriend so bad

• When I'm looking for a woman to be with, I start on the inside and work my way to the outside because what's on the inside is much more important.

• Both can be hot, but I give the edge to blondes. Where my hot blondes at?

• Why do you like blondes?

• Because I'm attracted to light hair and eyes. It's not what I'm used to seeing so I find it rare and exotic.

• I'm not sure one hair color is more attractive than the other.

• While I can appreciate beauty in any form I admit brunettes are definitely more attractive. Especially with long wavy hair... *gulp*

• It seems girls believe there's a specific standard as to which hair colour is best
    I'll tell you what we don't give a shit cuz even though you might think "no way dude a prefer brunettes", the next thing you know there's a smokin' red hair that passes by and you hit on her in no time, leaving your brunette in the dust

• I prefer blondes. Though a really cute brunette has been know to turn my head from time to time.

• it doesn't really matter to me just as long as she's truly beautiful and she truly loves me.
    for a guy we dont have the luxury to pick who we want, really. it just depends on who wants me and makes the move cause im not going to due to rejection

• Blondes because they're blondes. Hell yeah I figured out the worlds mysteries.

• Either one can be super hot to be honest. It's all down to the body shape!

• The actual colour itself doesn't really make a difference in my opinion.

• More from Guys
    19

What Girls Said 21

• Apparently my natural hair is mixture of all 3 brunette, blonde, and red. As a kid I have blonde hair and then after 2nd grade it started changing. Now I have no idea which color I belong to.

To me Auburn red is the most attractive.

• I prefer brunette hair on myself (have been a brunette for ~4 years) and I'm naturally blonde. The reason why is one of the cons you stated: "You don't really have as much contrast and definition in your face, so your facial features might look bland and boring"!
    I just think it makes me look more sophisticated, and it frames my pale face very nicely. With blonde hair I just look like a bland white blob.
    I also have a slight preference towards brown hair in men it seems, but when it boils down to it, hair color isn't a determining factor of attractiveness.

• MEE!!

• Depends on the person with the hair

• I'm answering for my guy, he's saying blonde, (he better! He's married to one!!). = } Me I'll say brunette, I love dark hair on guys. = )

If I could be any other color besides blonde/blue eyed , I would have to say reddish-blonde with greenish eyes, with highlights of either color red or blonde. I have a friend with that hair color, she has the most beautiful green eyes I've ever seen. They are so striking, she gets asked if they're contacts all the time. Her hair looks red sometimes and others strawberry blonde, she's got the best of both, I'm jelous! Not really its lots of fun being blonde too. = }

• Attractiveness should not be based on hair color. Every woman is beautiful.

• If you have light eyes, brunette looks better. If you have brown eyes, blonde hair suits it more.

• I love the ombre look, I'm a natural mousy brown and I find ombre suits me better. I've been fully blonde before but it makes me look so washed out without make-up. One time, when I coloured my hair back to brown from blonde, someone said "you look well!" that says it all, ha. I did enjoy being blonde though, it just doesn't work on me. (Very pale skin, blue eyes)

• I don't notice blondes first in a room full of people. I actually rarely notice them because I find blonde hair unattractive. it is however cute sometimes when it's mixed with other colors.

• Both hair colours look great on different people, but for me brunette just seems more exciting, especially with light-coloured eyes (as you were saying.) blondes are beautiful too though!

• i love blonde and i've always wanted to be blonde. but i also know some beautiful brunettes. i think it just really depends on the person. not every person looks good blonde and not every person looks good brunette.

• And what are the pros and cons of being black haired? Or redhead?

• I love being a brunette i never had blonde hair.

• I generally like thick dark hair better, especially on women, I think it's beautiful. However, in college for the first time I saw a young woman with hair like out of the book, it shone like beaten silvery gold. I would stare at her hair on the way to class (we walked the same way and had the same class) I have never seen such beautiful blonde hair since then. Still though, I like dark hair better.

I agree generally with your pros and cons.

Brown doesn't wash the face out as much, it makes eyes pop, it's very mysterious with a smokey eye.
    Blonde is typically death to hair when dyed, it washes the face out a lot, and also, I think it can take away from a girl's face.
    I think it's ok to experiment and see what works best with the individual face.

• I've been a brunette, dirty blonde, light brown, red head, and bleach blonde.

Dark brunette is my favorite and will be my next color.

• Both can look great !

• I would like to add some pro's and cons about being blonde from a natural light blonde here.
    (this doesn't account for every blonde person)
    Pro's:
    - as a natural blonde all your hair is blonde. Plucking your eyebrows? Shaving your arms or legs? You don't really have to since you can't see it.
    - foreign guys absolutely dig your hair. Ask Turkish or Mediterranean guys. A lot of them love blonde hair.

Cons:
    - when your hair gets greasy, it changes colour so it's extremely visible.
    - like I said, all your hair is blonde so your eyebrows and lashes as well. They're invisible without makeup and gives this naked face.
    - stereotypes. That says it all
    - clothing looks trashy very fast. Avoid everything pink, neon, glittery, revealing etc.

As you can see I see more cons than pro's and I thought before about dying my hair into a strawberry blonde kind of colour (not stepping too far away from my own colour), but I'm too scared because my hair picks up colour super fast because it's light and thin and it will probably not go well.
    Be happy with your natural brunette hair.

• my natural hair is dark brown, sometimes looks like black, sometimes looks like light brown.

• I've also been both, and I've found that with my pale skin and blue eyes blonde actually looks more "natural" than my true hair color, which is a mousy brown. I've gone darker, and looking back in my pictures I was so pale that I looked washed out.

With my blonde hair I have a glow, I look more healthy and "bubbly" as those around me would say.

I think it totally depends on the person but this girl right here lives to be a blonde. 👱

• I agree with the part that you can't see complicated hairstyles with brown or dark hair. That's mine, I don't dye it. And I see these hairstyle tutorials on Pinterest and I get so disheartened because they don't look good on dark hair/mono toned hair :/

Something like these, they look gorgeous but notice how the brunette has a big "look at me" flower for you to notice that something is actually going on lol:
    blog.vpfashion.com/.../retro-braided-up-do-02.jpg

• More from Girls
    1