I am personally not against wearing make-up. As a matter of fact, there are many reasons why you should wear make-up. But since most women already do wear make-up, a myTake article about why you should wear make-up is just confirming your own justifications for wearing make-up. So, I write a myTake article on why you should NOT wear make-up instead.
1. Wearing make-up is a waste of time, money and resources. If you want to spend money on make-up, then be prepared for huge expenses. There are many kinds of make-up for different purposes: primers, foundations, eyeshadows, eyeliners, mascara, fake eyelashes, blushes, lipsticks, concealers, brushes, small mirrors, and so much more. All of them cost money, ranging from drugstore prices to brand names. All of them cost resources/materials. A blush container in an all-in-one make-up kit may have 25 colors, but you may only use the ones that match your skintone, leaving the rest to wastage. All of them cost time to apply. If you are a type of person who just wants to wake up and get to work or school or a date with someone, then you do not want to apply make-up that will eat up the wee hours of the morning.
2. Wearing make-up requires constant maintenance. Once you apply make-up, you have to remember to wash your face afterwards. Otherwise, the make-up will clog your pores. You have to be cautious about wearing lipstick, because the lipstick may stain anything that touches your lips, including the lips of your significant other.
3. Your natural appearance already brings satisfaction. Perhaps, you are one of those fortunate people who feel satisfied with their natural appearance. You do not have any scars, wrinkles, blackheads, or whiteheads, and you seldom get acne; so, why should you wear make-up if you have nothing to cover up? Furthermore, you just don't feel the need to "accentuate certain features" or "make up for something that you don't have", because you believe that is a disguise. If a person likes you only when you put on make-up but feels disgust at the sight of your true face, then that person only likes you superficially. Superficial love cannot last forever.
4. Eating a balanced diet with a lot of fruits and vegetables is your way of "applying make-up". Your parents have raised you well by feeding you a balanced diet of fruits and veggies. You drink a lot of water to hydrate yourself. And you never have bad lifestyle habits, such as smoking or doing drugs, that can damage your physical appearance. Your beauty and youthfulness are the products of your healthy lifestyle as much as your genes. Because you already have your way of "applying make-up" that is deeper than the skin (literally), why should you apply make-up to enhance your superficial beauty?
5. Make-up is too feminine. You don't want to do something that is normally associated with women and girls, because (1) you are a manly male or (2) you are a tomboyish female.
6. Your job does not rely on your looks. If you work or plan to work in an industry that relies heavily on beauty and charisma, then make-up can certainly make you look more presentable. However, if your goal is to become a computer programmer, which is a job that depends on your skills and experience, then you do not have to be the hottest guy/girl on the block. Instead, you can just live a healthy life and do your work.