5 Simple and Pretty Summer Hairstyles

5 simple and pretty hairstyles to do in the summer

1. Knotted Ponytail

Depending on how you feel you can keep your hair dry or slightly dampen it with some type of conditioner or holding product before you get started. This style usually takes 5-8 minutes. Separate your hair into two sections, then take one of the sections and tie it into a knot. Split the other section of your hair in half and combine it with the ends of the knot created. Use the two new sections and tie one final knot, and use a Ponytail holder to hold it in place.

2. Double Buns

This hairstyle sort of gives me a 90s vibe. What I like about this style is that you can put your own glamorous twist on it if you don't want just to plain ponytails.

For example, you can add bangs or even leave half of your hair down.

3. Color wraps

This hairstyle is a quick summer hairstyle that I recommend for those who have a natural curl to their hair and they prefer to wear their natural hair texture. Or if you have straight hair you can curl your hair if you want.

You just simply put a few ponytails in your hair and and leave a bit of your front hair out and use any color thick Ponytail holders that stand out. Twist the ponytails and flip them flat on your head in place.

4. Beach Waves

There are many ways this style can be done. Even if you have naturally wavy hair it's important that you have some kind of anti frizz serum or a conditioner or spray. Depending on how big you want your waves you can braid your hair overnight on French braids or flat twists.

5. Messy bun

Depending on the accessory and style of the bun, this hairstyle can work at any place.

ikissedtheskyonce is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 4

• I wish I was the sky

• I dont like double buns, but all the rest look nice.

• The messy bun is always hot!

• Very good mytake XD

What Girls Said 13

• Or you do what I did and get a really short haircut

• 1. Why would I want to tie my hair in a knot when I have a scrunchie to do the same? I want to be able to release my hair in the evening easily when the day is done. The knotted hairstyle may put my hair in unwanted knots or lose shape over time.

2. The double buns look so anime. I prefer realism, not fantasy.

3. I don't like extreme curls. I actually like mine straight with a bit of a wave. That's how it naturally is.

4. My hair is already slightly wavy.

5. My mother would call this a "chicken's nest". And that is not a compliment.

• My hair ends up being too heavy for anything to hold it up well. :(

• The model with curly hair reminds me of Zoe Kravitz, so pretty.

• My hair is naturally wavy so the beach wave is pretty much my hair without styling. I spend tons of money making my hair straight so I can play with other styles. Every now and then, I'll go au natural for a few weeks with a beach wave look then I'm back to the stylist for a new look.

• I can't do most of these. I have natural afro hair and don't want to damage it by styling

• I can't do any of these, my hair is curly. :(

• ooo! thanks for the knot hairstyle. Just did it to my hair at my library cubicle and I'm diggin it. My hair is thick so it looks pretty cool. I love braid related hairstyles. If you ever wanna do anymore takes on cute easy hairstyles, I totally welcome them :)

• I liked the Color wraps
    it would look with my hair

• Omg the double buns were my favorite. So cute on that blonde girl with red lipstick!! Not usually into the hipster lesbian feminist look but she kills it! I might be able to play that off because of my style but I feel like i'd need her hair color and skin tone to look good with that.

• I've got thin hair. Not exactly ideal to work with.

• Lol if only my hair would listen to me so I could do this

• Messy bun and knotted ponytail are my favorites