A Guide to the Shelf Lives of Cosmetic Products 💄💋 💅 ⏳ ⌛️

Makeup...makeup everywhere.....some of us use them a lot...some very little and others not at all...but these products........have a shelf live..but still some people will keep on using them on their skin even tho its expired :/ :/ that's not safe :( since it can be the cause of rashes and allergies

Just keep an eye on that little symbol (which looks like an open pot) at the back of your product :

Here that "M" represents the amount of months that the product can be used after its opening ( like above 12M= 12 months)...after that amount of time indicated....all you'll have to do will be to toss away your expired makeup

Some approximate shelf life for products:

Because some products don't indicate the shelf life...it doesn't mean the product will never expire :p

1. Mascara

Mascara will normally last up to 3-6 months

2. Eyeliner

Liquid liner can last up to 6-9 months whereas pencil eyeliner can lasts up to 18 moths

3. Eyeshadow

Eyeshadow can last up to 18 or two years

4. Lipstick

Lipstick can last up to 2 years

5. Lip gloss

Lipgloss can last up to one year

6. Foundation

Foundation lasts up to 6 months to one year

7. Concealer

Concealer can last between 12-18 months

8. Blush/Bronzer

Blush or Bronzer can last up to 18 months to 2 years

9. Nail polish

Nail polish can last between one or two years

GAGers...do you pay attention to the shelf life of your cosmetic products??

#Staysafe

zombiebabe is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 0

Share the first opinion in your gender

What Girls Said 3

• Haha damn... I never do. i just use it until it's gone. xD

• Didn't know most of this... some of my makeup products that would have definitely expired are the ones I'm still holding on to lol

• Yes! So important. I remember using old hand me down products from my mom when I was younger. Looking back, ew, no! That's not even safe. Lol, 6 year lipstick, big no :)
    Great info!