5 Types of Women's Clothing That Just Don't Do It For Me

The other day I was shopping for some Summer clothes. Unfortunately, I couldn't find any that were "my style". I want to know your opinions on female clothes, and if you would wear them. (I will have the link below each image to the store they are from in case you like any of these styles)

Please keep in mind while you are reading that I do not object to other people wearing these things, and if it sounds like I do I apologize. I am simply objecting because I am quite insecure and I would rather have my body as covered as possible. It is nearly impossible to find clothes I consider decent in my size, and that is what this myTake is about. Please don't take it the wrong way.

1. Shorts

I know, when it's hot out you don't want to be wearing any clothes that aren't necessary. However, I would prefer to have my butt covered.

Ardene: http://www.ardene.com/en/clothing/bottoms/shorts/rr-shorts-13.html

Forever 21: http://www.forever21.com/CA/Product/Product.aspx?BR=f21&Category=bottoms_shorts&ProductID=2000204940&VariantID=

American Eagle Outfitters: https://www.ae.com/women-aeo-denim-x-hi-rise-shortie-beautiful-bleach-out/web/s-prod/1333_4501_932?cm=sCA-cCAD

2. Crop Tops

I am way too insecure to wear crop tops, plus they make your stomach cold.

This is basically a bra!

Ardene: http://www.ardene.com/en/clothing/tops/stripe-tie-back-halter-top.html

I have to ask. Doesn't the top having long sleeves kind of defeat the purpose of wearing a crop top?

Urban Planet: http://urban-planet.com/0996-02292681-lace-up-crop-long-sleeve-top-apparel.html

3. See Through ("Sheer") Shirts

Just because a bra has lots of straps doesn't mean that you can wear a see through shirt over it!

Forever 21: http://www.forever21.com/Product/Product.aspx?br=F21&category=top&productid=2000067655

No. Just No.

Revolve: http://www.revolve.com/dolan-drape-back-tee-in-black/dp/DOLA-WS257/?d=Womens&lang=EN&clickid=wBXSBzTh53Eb0wlRSsyP42yHUkSSteVB3w7fwQ0&utm_campaign=57486&utm_medium=affiliate&source=ir&utm_source=ir

4. "Dropped Arm Tank Tops"

Again, you can see 90% of your bra when wearing these.

Urban Outfitters: http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/ca/en/catalog/productdetail.jsp?id=38158549&category=SEARCH+RESULTS

(I couldn't find many of these types of shirts with actual stores attached to them, most were DIY.)

5. Leggings

I love leggings, but I do not love them as pants. Also, I don't think they look very good with crop tops...

Ardene: http://www.ardene.com/en/clothing/bottoms/leggings/high-waisted-legging-10.html

I could go on forever, but I think this post is long enough right now. Thanks for your time. :)

P.S.

I'm not a person who is usually into fashion, but for some reason it's been on my mind lately, if there are any errors in this post, feel free to point them out. (Preferably in a respectful way.) Thank you.

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 24

• I approve all of them.

• Let me guess, you are obese?

• Nope, I'm actually really skinny, (not on purpose, I eat everything I can find but don't gain weight) I just have confidence issues. :)

• Try eating coconut oil. I use it for bodybuilding, and it's really good.

• Women can tell other women their clothes suck, but if a guy says they suck you complain "I dress for myself and comfort, not for you".
    Equality my ass.

• I don't think these clothes are bad or shouldn't be worn. I just don't have the confidence to wear them. That's all. :)

• shake that pms off.

• I feel a strong urge to quote a Tumblr post. "I started my day lying in a pool of my own blood, is that how you'd like to end yours?" ***I'm not threatening you, that post just always amuses me*** :)

• I mean my girlfriend never wears shorts, but that one day she did, I died internally. Besides the leggings I could care less about the rest of the things. But as the internet says "udou"

• Number 1 is awesome on girls. I agree with you that the other fashion trends listed above need to go extinct, though I can forgive the tank top one.

• I AGREE

• Would lingerie/panties/bra be considered clothing?

• I agree with you on all but the jean shorts

• I like the look of them all

• That's great. Too many women wear too revealing clothes today. Brings a load of attention and a woman that is girlfriend material wouldn't be fond of that kind of attention but the crappy vain ones... they love it. I'm sure a study can be done on this but overall every girl I met that were humble, loved to read, didn't care for TV, and not blabber 24/7 like a valley girl always wore clothes that were not unnecessarily revealing.

• That's a stereotype, I know many girls who like/are the best of both worlds. Although these particular styles indeed are sketchy.

Perhaps. But 'best' would be subjective. Just makes my subtle search more difficult.

• Too bad for you... shorts and crop-tops are the best.

• I agree on number 2 and 3.

• Leggings are ok, I like the rest! I love jeans and jean shorts on girls with a belt. In cold weather oversized sweaters with jeans are sexy

• Basically, you don't like revealing clothes.

• Oh... i like them all 8)

• Don't you love to be "sexy"?

• You just chose bad examples of each.

• My least favorite type of clothes are the ones on my fiance. She just doesn't need to be wearing them.

• I love when a girl wears crop tops! Now summer is here see a lot of girls wearing crop tops or short shirts.

• They all look sexy :)

• More from Guys
    4

What Girls Said 48

• i like all of them except the shorts

• I sign all of these. Not good.
    Except leggings at home - those are alright there... but I wear yoga pants, not leggings - they choke my ankles. xD I need air.

• "However, I would prefer to have my butt covered."
    How is her butt not covered in those shorts? I get that some shorts do end up showing ass cheeks but the picture you posted is just a pair of regular shorts that cover every millimeter of her butt. There are also shorts that reach just above the knee so I don't really understand that argument lol.
    I also don't really see the big deal about showing bra straps or parts of your bra, as long as you're not in like a professional setting at an office.

• I didn't want to show shorts any shorter than that because I tried to make a myTake on bald cats and it was deemed inappropriate. I would prefer not to have this taken down. Sorry for any confusion. :)

• That sucks :/ if it's urgent, feel free to message me or any of the other mods with a link and hopefully it'll get taken down quicker (if it does in fact violate the rules/guidelines).

• OK, thanks. :)

• I like most of the things on the list, but I get that's not your style. Good take.

• Thank you for saying that in a respectful way! :)

• Everyone has different tastes & styles, & you need to wear what you feel comfortable in. I have another style, but that just makes us different, it doesn't make either of us wrong.

• Well I like everything on this list lol

• I hate everything on this list. Literally.

Love the Take.

• i like the sheer stuff

• I wear all of these
    Don't be so insecure

• Weird, most girls like wearing these items, and most guys love them on girls.

• I agree about the tank tops. We're allowed to wear them to work, but they have to be work appropriate. It's a factory, so it gets quite hot in there in the summers. I cannot find decent tank tops anymore. They're all too revealing no matter what store I go to. I just want to find a normal tank top with wide straps that isn't inappropriate. It shouldn't be that hard, and yet it is. I was going to order some that I found online, but now they're talking about a post office strike.

• AHHH yes! The post office strike is so annoying because I ordered a gift for my friend online right before they started talking about the strike and it was going to take about two weeks to ship BEFORE the strike stuff. I've found tank tops at Old Navy and Ardene (Some are revealing from Ardene though.) It is really hard to find good, school appropriate summer clothes. :/

• these are everything I want to wear but can't wear because of my body and parents lol

• I own most of them but unless you're wearing boy shorts or something, your butt is covered. I wear them and the model's butt is covered too

• Wait.. how can you shop for summer clothes if you don't like shorts?

• I wear shorts, but not short shorts. I usually wear ones that go to about the middle of my thigh or lower. Also I usually just wear capris. I only put shorts instead of short shorts because most of the shorts you see nowadays are REALLY short. Sorry for any confusion. :)

• Ohh okay. Thanks😊

• I wear leggings as pants😊

• I disagree with all of them except the sheer shirts.

• Is it bc they are all revealing?

cause it seems like that

• Yes, because I dislike wearing clothes that are too revealing due to my lack of confidence.

• I barely wear anything revealing myself so i understand you. The concept was diffrent compared to the title tho. That`s why i misunderstood :)

• Yeah. I had my title different but the content manager changed it when he promoted it. :)

• those shorts you showed don't even show butts at all

• That's because I didn't want to risk not being able to post this. I tried to post a myTake about Sphynx cats and the site said it was inappropriate.

• !!! wow! I get it then

• I like most of these lol

• I agree with everything you put here

• I actually enjoy wearing crop tops, sheer tops, and leggings, together and separately. It took awhile to get used to my body, but I found that wearing them helped. But hey, to each their own.

• More from Girls
    28