5 Types of Women's Clothing That Just Don't Do It For Me

The other day I was shopping for some Summer clothes. Unfortunately, I couldn't find any that were "my style". I want to know your opinions on female clothes, and if you would wear them. (I will have the link below each image to the store they are from in case you like any of these styles)

Please keep in mind while you are reading that I do not object to other people wearing these things, and if it sounds like I do I apologize. I am simply objecting because I am quite insecure and I would rather have my body as covered as possible. It is nearly impossible to find clothes I consider decent in my size, and that is what this myTake is about. Please don't take it the wrong way.

1. Shorts

I know, when it's hot out you don't want to be wearing any clothes that aren't necessary. However, I would prefer to have my butt covered.

Ardene: http://www.ardene.com/en/clothing/bottoms/shorts/rr-shorts-13.html

Forever 21: http://www.forever21.com/CA/Product/Product.aspx?BR=f21&Category=bottoms_shorts&ProductID=2000204940&VariantID=

American Eagle Outfitters: https://www.ae.com/women-aeo-denim-x-hi-rise-shortie-beautiful-bleach-out/web/s-prod/1333_4501_932?cm=sCA-cCAD

2. Crop Tops

I am way too insecure to wear crop tops, plus they make your stomach cold.

This is basically a bra!

Ardene: http://www.ardene.com/en/clothing/tops/stripe-tie-back-halter-top.html

I have to ask. Doesn't the top having long sleeves kind of defeat the purpose of wearing a crop top?

Urban Planet: http://urban-planet.com/0996-02292681-lace-up-crop-long-sleeve-top-apparel.html

3. See Through ("Sheer") Shirts

Just because a bra has lots of straps doesn't mean that you can wear a see through shirt over it!

Forever 21: http://www.forever21.com/Product/Product.aspx?br=F21&category=top&productid=2000067655

No. Just No.

Revolve: http://www.revolve.com/dolan-drape-back-tee-in-black/dp/DOLA-WS257/?d=Womens&lang=EN&clickid=wBXSBzTh53Eb0wlRSsyP42yHUkSSteVB3w7fwQ0&utm_campaign=57486&utm_medium=affiliate&source=ir&utm_source=ir

4. "Dropped Arm Tank Tops"

Again, you can see 90% of your bra when wearing these.

Urban Outfitters: http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/ca/en/catalog/productdetail.jsp?id=38158549&category=SEARCH+RESULTS

(I couldn't find many of these types of shirts with actual stores attached to them, most were DIY.)

5. Leggings

I love leggings, but I do not love them as pants. Also, I don't think they look very good with crop tops...

Ardene: http://www.ardene.com/en/clothing/bottoms/leggings/high-waisted-legging-10.html

I could go on forever, but I think this post is long enough right now. Thanks for your time. :)

P.S.

I'm not a person who is usually into fashion, but for some reason it's been on my mind lately, if there are any errors in this post, feel free to point them out. (Preferably in a respectful way.) Thank you.

4824

Most Helpful Guy

• I agree. Women dress too revealing nowadays.

Most Helpful Girl

• I sign all of these. Not good.
    Except leggings at home - those are alright there... but I wear yoga pants, not leggings - they choke my ankles. xD I need air.

Sponsored

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 23

• Number 1 is awesome on girls. I agree with you that the other fashion trends listed above need to go extinct, though I can forgive the tank top one.

• My least favorite type of clothes are the ones on my fiance. She just doesn't need to be wearing them.

• Leggings are ok, I like the rest! I love jeans and jean shorts on girls with a belt. In cold weather oversized sweaters with jeans are sexy

• Don't you love to be "sexy"?

• I agree with you on all but the jean shorts

• Women can tell other women their clothes suck, but if a guy says they suck you complain "I dress for myself and comfort, not for you".
    Equality my ass.

• I don't think these clothes are bad or shouldn't be worn. I just don't have the confidence to wear them. That's all. :)

• shake that pms off.

• I feel a strong urge to quote a Tumblr post. "I started my day lying in a pool of my own blood, is that how you'd like to end yours?" ***I'm not threatening you, that post just always amuses me*** :)

• I AGREE

• I mean my girlfriend never wears shorts, but that one day she did, I died internally. Besides the leggings I could care less about the rest of the things. But as the internet says "udou"

• Oh... i like them all 8)

• They all do it for me...

• I love when a girl wears crop tops! Now summer is here see a lot of girls wearing crop tops or short shirts.

• No miniskirts?

• I was going to add them but I felt like the post was getting kind of long. I might do a second post if you have any suggestions.

• You just chose bad examples of each.

• Let me guess, you are obese?

• Nope, I'm actually really skinny, (not on purpose, I eat everything I can find but don't gain weight) I just have confidence issues. :)

• Try eating coconut oil. I use it for bodybuilding, and it's really good.

• I agree on number 2 and 3.

• They all look sexy :)

• all of them is so sexy, I love women :D.

• Would lingerie/panties/bra be considered clothing?

• I like the look of them all

• I approve all of them.

• More from Guys
    3

What Girls Said 47

• i like all of them except the shorts

• It all depends on body shape what is perfect for you and even then its a matter of preference. Some people like to show a lot, some don't. So if you don't like these outfits, don't bother. You have many other options. My summer preference is short and tank (in free time) and tshirt and skirt (work)

• I agree on those types of shorts. I like ones that are longer.

• "However, I would prefer to have my butt covered."
    How is her butt not covered in those shorts? I get that some shorts do end up showing ass cheeks but the picture you posted is just a pair of regular shorts that cover every millimeter of her butt. There are also shorts that reach just above the knee so I don't really understand that argument lol.
    I also don't really see the big deal about showing bra straps or parts of your bra, as long as you're not in like a professional setting at an office.

• I didn't want to show shorts any shorter than that because I tried to make a myTake on bald cats and it was deemed inappropriate. I would prefer not to have this taken down. Sorry for any confusion. :)

• That sucks :/ if it's urgent, feel free to message me or any of the other mods with a link and hopefully it'll get taken down quicker (if it does in fact violate the rules/guidelines).

• OK, thanks. :)

• I agree with the Sheer and "Dropped Arm" Tanks! I'm 5'7", 108 pounds, I have a 24" waist and I still don't think they look good on me! Not to mention the fact that they're ugly, or involve wearing another tank top underneath - completely defeating the purpose. I'm not a big an of crop tops either. I think a simple v-neck and shorts with a nice belt is much classier and neat looking no matter what body type you have. I also don't get the legging phase; yes, they're comfortable, but jeans are a lot more practical and versatile, but that's just my opinion. However, I do like shorts! Not so much the high-rise festival style, but I can do cut-off's and a finished bottom is never a bad thing. Love your Take!

• I wear shorts & crop-tops in warm weather. While I recognize that they may not be right for everyone I like how those fashions look on me & I enjoy wearing them. During the summer I work at a swimming pool teaching swimming lessons & synchronized swimming, so much of the time I'm in swimsuits, specifically athletic bikinis.

What actually gets me the most looks & the most commentary is my bare feet. I don't wear shoes in the summer, & many people seem to take issue with that.

• You mean on the beach or walking around in public streets?

• @aboomya Yes, I can shop barefoot. Contrary to popular belief it's not against the law or against "health codes" to go barefoot in stores, malls or anywhere else.

The "Shoes & Shirts Required" signs reflect their store policies, not the law, & if they don't like me in there barefoot then I am free to simply take my business elsewhere.

• Referring back to my comment about my bare feet getting me the most looks & the most commentary, did I lie to you? LOL!

• Yes! Leggings!! God I hate them!!! Great for lounging around in at home, can't stand them in public, I don't need to see someone's vagina outline thanks. Buy some jeans!

• Its funny how tastes vary. I love most of the items here and own most of them as well. One catagory you missed that I love in summer to stay cool are sun dresses. Do you like them. Like...
    she12.com/.../Sun-dress-for-girls-2-936x1200.jpg

• I like sundresses if they are long. I don't like the straps in the picture though.

• I like sundresses.

I also like cotton or gauze skirts with a crop-length top.

• I didn't like any of it in the 90's and I don't like it now it's been regurgitated again.

• 2 + 3 + 4 are all great to me.

Objections.
    1= I like shorts but ALL high waisted shorts are revolting.
    5 = Leggings should only ever be worn for workouts.

• leggings and crop tops are my favorite! it's like my summer evening outting go to! haha I agree about sheer tops though

• I actually enjoy wearing crop tops, sheer tops, and leggings, together and separately. It took awhile to get used to my body, but I found that wearing them helped. But hey, to each their own.

• To me it just seems like you are too insecure to show your body. I don't wear too many risky clothes myself but I am comfortable enough to wear a nice fitting (meaning my butt is covered ) pair of shorts.

• Well... I love all of them. But it's fine not to be ur style, different people have different views. Good take 👍🏻👍🏻

• Lmao I'm into fashion but I totally agree with you! I wouldn't wear any of that stuff either bc I think it's very trashy and too revealing, I feel like girls dress like that for attention

• I agree about the tank tops. We're allowed to wear them to work, but they have to be work appropriate. It's a factory, so it gets quite hot in there in the summers. I cannot find decent tank tops anymore. They're all too revealing no matter what store I go to. I just want to find a normal tank top with wide straps that isn't inappropriate. It shouldn't be that hard, and yet it is. I was going to order some that I found online, but now they're talking about a post office strike.

• AHHH yes! The post office strike is so annoying because I ordered a gift for my friend online right before they started talking about the strike and it was going to take about two weeks to ship BEFORE the strike stuff. I've found tank tops at Old Navy and Ardene (Some are revealing from Ardene though.) It is really hard to find good, school appropriate summer clothes. :/

• I agree on shorts overall, it's like 5% of shorts are made in a long enough cut to not make me feel like a prostitute (no offense to short shorts rocking ladies) I just wish the teens/young adult section had cute shorts that weren't so up the ass.

• Exactly! I don't mind others wearing them, I just don't want to. I think there should be a store that only has school dress code appropriate clothes in all sizes. :)

• Though I have to admit, the urban planet top and pant look really cool and different.
      But yea, I agree really on everything you said, lol, especially the bra showing! It's very annoying, personally..

• lol I like them all actually :P

• I love wearing shorts and crop tops, sometimes even leggings, but I agree with the rest of your points.

• Yes! Most of the clothes that fit me (Even at 13) are like this. It's annoying because my mom won't let me wear that kind of stuff so I end up wearing pants in the summer. :(

• More from Girls
    27