The Real Reasons Why Men Don't Like To See Women Wearing Makeup

This myTake is not intended to tell women that they shouldn't wear makeup, but it seems that men generally don't like to see women wearing makeup. There was even one man who tried to explain why makeup should be illegal.

Smudges

Makeup can smudge off, especially during sex or kissing. Men don't want that to smudge on them.

"Lying"

Looks correlate with health and genes. Makeup changes the way you look. It makes you look healthier and more beautiful. It can entirely change the way you look. It covers up all the flaws and makes certain features in the face, especially the lips and eyes, appear more distinctive and attractive. Men don't want to be fooled of what a potential mate looks like because they're unconsciously trying to produce a viable and improved offspring with that potential mate.

High Maintenance

Women who wear makeup are perceived to be high maintenance and there are a lot of men who don't like women who are high maintenance. Some makeup brands are very expensive and a lot of men wouldn't like the idea of a partner who spends a lot of money on makeup.

Inequality

Men don't wear it and don't see a reason why women should. Maybe, there are some men who have secretly thought at some point what it is like to wear makeup or they wish there was social equality. If women can use it to make themselves look more attractive, why shouldn't men be able use it to make themselves look more attractive without being judged?

People shouldn't be judged and criticized for wearing makeup. It's their face and they can put whatever they want on it.

A woman deserves a man who think she's beautiful with and without makeup. A woman should be with a man who accepts her choices.

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 32

• Balance, balance. A little makeup for an elegant evening out is no problem. The first two pictures up there, on the other hand, are of course hideous.

• If a woma is beautiful without makeup why is she artifically enhancing her looks? Like a man wearing face muscles under his shirt... A scam lmao

• because a woman who looks great without make up is still seen as average in comparison to the super hot with make up who most likely dont look so great without it...

• not at all... men r lucky enough to not need makeup!

• The men that exist in your mind @far2gud4u which is top 1% of men not the rest 99%

• I don't have a problem with women wearing makeup. Just when it's too much. And I don't think men should be wearing any, no.

• Most don't care as long as its not a lot

I don't understand the title of this mytake. Why would I hate seeing someone in makeup? If it makes them prettier, all the better. My eyes like seeing pretty things. Why would I be opposed to makeup? That's just silly.

It's true that they can' put whatever they want on their face. Demanding that I like it is something else entirely.

"A woman deserves a man who think she's beautiful with and without makeup. A woman should be with a man who accepts her choices."
    Similarly, you should accept that I want you to both look good and not wear make-up, instead of expecting me to change myself to be attracted to clowns in order to cater to your every need.

good take. spot on.

That's pretty much true, great Take :D

Yeah, you have a good point here, good MyTake.

No, it's because it looks horrible, and the more the worse. Also i've noticed that those who don't wear any are smarter. Not less insecure (at all). Just smarter. Not basic bitches. In the same way guys who spend all the day in the gym and act all basic bro are stupider.

The little the make-up the better she is. easy.

• Not really any of these apply to why I don't like a lot of make-up on a woman. The main reason is that most women don't know how to put on a lot of make-up properly. Most movie star women use a TON of make-up in their movies, but they pull it off by not looking like it.
    The real truth is we don't like to be able to tell you're wearing a lot of makeup.

This is the best response I have seen on here. My sister can do makeup that takes 2 hours, but when she finishes, I can hardly see it. Everywhere you look women are wearing full coverage makeup and huge false lashes, which is meant for celebs/ professionals/ the stage and you can see the makeup from a mile away. My simple question is why? Women are looking like clowns, walking around with gold on their noses and cheeks and brown lines and white under the eyes. Take the makeup off and they look like a complete other person. *smh*

• Make up is fine, so long as you don't get mad when you find out, my porsche was a lease lol.

• Makeup can be fine. But many times it is not done well.

Thick foundation is not a good look when the observer's sober and up close. Acne looks better. Of course if you're trying to hook men at a club or bar, go ahead and paint your face. Their vision won't be too good on details.

A little makeup goes a long way. More makeup does not make a woman look more classy. It generally makes them look desperate and/or older. This said, if you want to do something atypical like picture 1 - go for it. Art is good.

• i'm fine with the last 2 things.

• Well said.. natural beauty is the best beauty..

• Leave it to a woman who's never been with a man to explain why a man likes or doesn't like something.

You're way off the mark and out of your element donny.

• Contrary to popular belief most guys dont like makeup that is poorly done or over done. If you can put loads on without looking like a clown go for it (altho id suggest a career in film as a MU artist if that's the case)

cf.girlsaskguys.com/.../...8592-581f2c76a697-m.jpg
    Sums it up, she's wearing makeup in both photos but goes from hot to a little bit of a joke.

• I don't mind women wearing makeup, heck I wear makeup and I always prefer somebody wear makeup than look crap.

Sure, makeup fools people into thinking you look better than you do, but that is the whole point of it.

• Often make up can add ten years to a woman's face especially that foundation stuff. I always like red lipstick on a woman. Make ups fine but not if its just slapped on like a jackson pollock painting

• More from Guys
    12

What Girls Said 16

It makes them look fake too.

Natural beauty is important but I love makeup!

I've done like the first picture in synchronized swimming competitions & with Halloween costumes, but in everyday life nothing like that.

I'm blonde with fair skin & blue eyes. I tan a nice color but I have a lot - and I mean a LOT of freckles. Light pink lipstick & light blue eye shadow does the trick for me.

"Looks correlate with health and genes. Makeup changes the way you look. It makes you look healthier and more beautiful. It can entirely change the way you look." I work with professional make up artists A LOT and not once has any of them managed to transform me into a completely different person so that scenario is actually extremely, and I mean EXTREMELY, unlikely unless you spend 3-4 hours on your make up every day.

Also men don't wear make up? I know plenty of men who fill in their eyebrows and use foundation on a regular basis.

You might know men who wear makeup and typically those men aren't straight. I don't know any guys who wear makeup and it's not really a point because it's normal for girls to wear makeup, society does not allow a man to wear makeup. Not that I want to wear makeup or have any problem with makeup, but a guy just can't wear makeup without accepting that he's going to be judged pretty much wherever he goes.

That's fine, I wasn't trying to imply that I'm right.. I was just talking from my experience. I personally aren't familiar with any guys wearing makeup, but you're right I'm obviously not paying attention to random people on the street who could be wearing non obvious makeup. Singapore especially given every guy has to go through NS if a guy put on makeup he would get in big trouble. A guy is never going to get judged for not wearing makeup, he will get judged if he does wear makeup, maybe not everywhere, but definitely in some places. I can guarantee if I started wearing makeup I would get less attention from women, I know that.

But anyways, I don't really know why this is even a topic on here... People can wear as much or as little makeup as they desire and it's none of anyone's business if they don't like it.

I agree.

Who cares though?

• In regards to inequality, I think men should be able to wear make up. Also, in some ways facial hair can change a face like make up, especially if you want to talk about "lying." Depending on the facial hair, a guy can look totally different. I've seen comparison pics where the guy becomes more conventionally attractive once he grows a beard.

• We aren't doing what they want. Girls put on makeup regardless of what they say. That must be irritating.

• Reading through the comments brought a thought to mind.
    "All is fair in love and war. Makeup is just war paint."

Don't wear it, never have. No trouble getting a man. In fact, in pretty damn sure most of the men I've dated appreciate the fact that I'm very low maintenance. I'm a tomboy, and I dress for comfort.

• I personally don't use make up at all unless you count wearing chap stick in the winter. I don't think there is an issue with it though.

• I don't give a fuck about what men think. I love my makeup and will continue wearing it and only on this site do I see people having a problem otherwise I've never been accused of "lying" and men always chase me either way.

• If men find a way to apply makeup to enhance their masculinity, I don't mind them wearing makeup

• I think make up put on in moderation is fine. As long as a girl doesn't have globs of it on I wouldn't think that there was an issue. You have a great take. I don't really wear make up. If I do it is like a once in every blue moon type of occurance. However I'm not knocking women who do.

• If guys want to wear makeup then they can go crazy. I don't care. The only makeup I don't particularly like is foundation and concealer, both are too heavy and feel terrible.

• It's really crazy because I'm all for guys wearing make up products. Guys, got big pores, there's a creme for that. Makes your skin look 10x better with one clear product :D

I think a guy and woman should be all for make up. It lets light blondes get visible eyelashes, people with no brows get visible brows, people with tiny lips can get a slightly bigger pout, people with acne from high school get respite from scars, makes eyes pop (enhancing genetics!), a very yellow or white face get a little more color. Make up can be really good at enhancing what's there :) And thanks to availability, it's easier than ever to have access to.

The bottom line way I look at make up is that it simply helps pull already good features together and takes away all those distractions that we usually aren't happy of like hyperpigmentation, acne scars, dark circles, redness, and so on.

www.makeupbykimporter.com/.../photo%20(11).JPG

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...f26872b38a.jpg

www.facesofsobe.com/.../7688142_orig.jpg

www.thisgirlsblackbook.com/.../...a-mercier-sc.jpg

media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...02e0272f97c3.jpg

www.awomensclub.com/.../...akeup-Ideas-598x765.jpg

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...72a0b2cb14.jpg

• This is what men say, but I feel like they're always going for the women who pile it on. And if you don't wear makeup, both men and women will think you're not feminine enough. There's really no winning.

• Haha so true. I think they often just have no idea that the girls they think are hot are wearing makeup/eyelash/hair extensions etc and have actually put quite a lot of effort in to look that way.

I was going to say same thing