Different Hairstyles for Women: 10 I Really Like, 10 I Don't

Hairstyles I dislike:

(in alphabetical order)

1) Afro Hair

10 Hairstyles I Dislike, And 10 Hairstyles I Like, In Women

I know it’s natural black hair, but to me it’s unattractive.

2) Buzz Cut

I really wonder why a woman would do a Buzz Cut, even if she is a lesbian. It’s not correct aesthetically. Not that it is nice in guys either...but in women it is absolutely unattractive.

3) Dreadlocks

The worst thing in this case is, that it takes a lot of time and effort to do dreadlocks. And as a result you end up looking unattractive.

4) Huge Bun

I understand an old woman doing this…but a young woman? Why she wants to look like a grandma?

5) Multiple Buns

One of the worst 90s fashions that I wish it won’t come back on surface again. Absolutely gross.

6) Pixie

Unlike Multiple Buns, this 90s horrendous trend came back on the surface. Blame Miley Cyrus for this.

7) Shaved From One Side

I’m waiting for the day for this trend to stop. Don’t understand why women choose to do it, but it’s absolutely disgusting. It looks totally asymmetric.

8. Spiky Hair

Especially when it’s coupled with glasses it is…simply a nightmare.

9) Two Ponytails

One Ponytail is nice, as I say below. But two ponytails make you look ridiculous and stupid.

10) Waist Length Hair

First of all, it’s hard to maintain so long hair. And secondly, it gives me a princess vibe, and personally I cannot stand princesses.

Hairstyles I like:

(In alphabetical order)

1) Beachy Waves

Yeah the looks of a woman when she is on the beach and has her hair wet! This is absolutely sexy, and if she is wet and oily giving an 100% beach vibe…even more!

2) Blunt Fringe

This style gives a very sexual vibe for some reason. One of the best styles to go, if you are dressed provocatively.

3) Braids (Depends)

As I said, depends. For example a side braid like this one in the picture can look sexy. A crown-like braid on the other hand, looks ridiculous.

4) Emo Fringe

Laugh as much as you want, but Emo fringes can look cute, without looking ridiculous.

5) Ombre

Preferably this length like the one in the picture. Also it’s suggested to have the darker shade on top, and not the other way round, and choose colors that match. Not Black on top and red on your shoulders for example.

6) Shaggy Layers

It takes some effort to do this…but it is worthwhile!

7) Side Curls

Do it ONLY if you are blonde. Better avoid it if you are a brunette or a redhead.

8. Single Ponytail

A plain hairstyle like this, can look very sexy. You don’t have to waste your time, and ending up looking ridiculous as a result.

9) Short Side-Part

This is for women in their 30s mostly. In women in their 20s it might not look so great and make them appear older, but in women in their 30s it’s awesome. Especially blonde.

10) U-Cut

At this length exactly, as you see in the picture, it is perfect in my opinion. And also this color.

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Girls Said 36

A lot of the ones you listed - especially the beachy waves have waist length hair... So... confused.

She's on a hammock. That's why it seems like that.

wait >:( what's wrong with afro hair?
    and not all women with long hair act like "princesses" cause my hair is long and i act normal

Typical Klaatu Take.

Afro hair? That's what my hair looks like when it isn't straightened. So I should change what is natural to fit your preferences? 😶

Personally I think it's gorgeous and unique.

So basically you like plain white women hair lol

I have a pixie cut, can I ask why you don't like pixie cuts? They're really comfortable, and actually pretty cute.

Also, I love the emo fringe!

Because you look like a dude.

Most cuts aren't that short, mine's longer but it's still a bit androgynous.

i like twin tails (._.)
    and i've had straight, super long hair most of my life...

Baby girls why are you all getting sprung, he just said his preferences, its cool to have preferences, if you are not what he likes then move on, commenting won't get him to like it and you can't force him either, so just let it go, like what you want to like, dislike what you want to dislike, its a free world... But if you ever tell a girl with an afro to straighten it i will straight up murder you... Okay? Okay! Lets now move on.

I have a half shaved red afro that's down to my waist.

I don't understand how you dislike afros, but like emo hair. You're entitled to your opinion but honestly the emo fringe thing is one of the ugliest hairstyles I've ever seen.

This is the dumbest MyTake I've ever seen, which is saying a lot.
    Side note, that photoshopped pic of Megan Fox with a buzz cut is absolutely amazing. She's just beautiful period.

I look amazing with my two low, long ponytails, by the way---and have actually had guys tell me how beautiful they are.

That's why I dislike the 18-24 crowd here. Fortunately I won't belong to it anymore, very soon.

Good riddance. Our generation isn't too welcoming of people like you.

Well I think my afro is cute as hell.

rs304.pbsrc.com/.../...04793977613_zpsd93zyewl.jpg

"First of all, it’s hard to maintain so long hair. And secondly, it gives me a princess vibe, and personally I cannot stand princesses."
    And no side curls for brown or red hair?
    You are so high maintenance.

Try Blunt or Emo Fringe if you have brown or red.

How is it?

Really pretty, curly/wavy, bouncy, shiny, and healthy :) I love it

I love how many people are pissed off because someone dared to share their opinion 😂😅

I hate emo fringe but I have beach waves which I think does look amazing, if I do says so myself. I style my hair into a victory roll and a vintage hairband with it.

I can mostly agree with your list on both sides except that some afros are gorgeous! I like seeing women taking pride in their natural beauty like that. Two side ponytails can be pretty too but it usually goes with kawai fashion. Some girls rock a cute nerd look with it too. To me, waist-length hair is spiritual and I can't help but admire it when I see it. I would be proud to have it myself. I am a woman, so these hairstyles may mean different things to us.

LOL I'm going to keep wearing my afro regardless of what cis-gender privileged white male thinks.

wtf is this disgusting shit?

i love side shave haircut on the males... its so attractive and looks masculine.
    and buzz hair cut looks ugly on guys too, as well as part baldness or simply bald

It sucks. This shaved on the side (coupled with this gross bread) is awful. I still follow a 70s-80s fashion on my hair, and I'm always clean-shaven.

u r like my dad, hate this modern haircuts

Yeah, they all look like copycats.

No... Dreads are so cute.

• More from Girls
    16

What Guys Said 17

I agree with all of these, except for your dislikes of "shaved on one side" (it's extremely sexy), and long to the waist.

I don't agree with some of your explanations though, I do think brunettes and redheads can have side curls.

That woman with the buzz cut looks good tho.

So much butthurt in the females' comments...

TL;DR You like hair but not too long

So specific - My tastes would be a mixture - I would probably pick a top 10 with 5 from both sets actually I might favour your don't like a bit more.

Very good Take... I also dislike 1, 2, 6, 5, 7 and 8, but I'm ok with Waist Length Hair, Dreadlocks and Two Ponytails. As for the Huge Bun, meh, you are right, it's more appropriate for grandmas :)
    But when it comes to the hairstyles you like, I agree 100% :D

you forgot the mohawk! D: shame on you!

love the shaved on the side, the afro , and its like most of the cuts you talked about depends on the girl not every girl looks bad on the same cut..

8 from dislikes looks like goku from dragomball z.

If a girl has Waist Length Hair, I'm 20% more inclined to marry her.
    Two Ponytails is okay and afrohair looks good on black women.
    I don't like curly hair unless the girl is black.
    Everyone has ones own preferences :)

you dont like curly hair unless the girl is black? lol what about 2b-3a curls? many mixed, Hispanic people have that

Shaggy hair looks dumb and also pixie cuts are cute and was it length hair is sexy.

And ALL of these depends on the face.

But otherwise I agree

the emo fringe cut is disgusting

I don't really think men understand the diffirence.

nobody cares

I like the afro, buzzcut, dreadlocks, shaved on one side, single pony tail, two pony tails aka pig tails,

i like Beachy waves and Emo fringe. Yes I agree it cam look amazing if done right but most don't.

I like it when her hair touches the sidewalk. Got a free jolly rancher out of it the other day. Score.