14 Beautiful Wedding Dresses That Aren't White

In my opinion, white for a wedding dress is outdated. Brides should feel free to wear whatever color they want but if a bride to be finds a coloured wedding dress, she should feel free to wear it. I would love to wear a colored wedding dress. Either red or black. I think if I wear a white dress, I will be paranoid that I will spill something on it.

1.

14 Beautiful wedding dresses that aren't white

2.

3.

4.

5.

6.

7.

8.

9.

10.

11.

12.

13.

14.

ginny_weasley is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 6

The whole white for wedding dresses is fairly recent, at one point it was only the rich that could afford a white dress as it needed to be kept clean all the time or it would stain. Then what ended up happening is it became more affordable so the lower classes tried to imitate the rich and thats how we got to today

Awesome! I agree there White is so outdated. I like 2,4,5,7,9 and 13 myself.

So you are getting ready for marriage. I would prefer that you go for 7 or 8. But no 3 red is more elegant and has a simplistic look. That's my favorite.

Are all of them really wedding dresses? I can't get that, it's beyond my comprehension. Wedding dress has to be white, it's a rule... Isn't it? I understand such shades as these dresses over here http://www.cathytelle.com/, beige, mint, milk, nude, ash gray, powdery... I'm OK with that... After all, white dresses are traditional for a reason, there's a whole history behind it. However, it's just my humble opinion.

I really like 7,8,9 and 12

Yes, all of them are good, beautiful, especially 4,5,9 and the 12 one.

What Girls Said 12

No 6 and No 9 are beautiful!
    i'd go with No9! =)

These are stunning <3 all except for 4 lol.
    Although I much prefer a white wedding dress (traditionalist at heart) if I saw a dress that wasn't white and looked like 2, 3, or 7 I might very well change my mind.

They're so pretty <3 I kinda want to get a blush dress, I really like the light pink colours and I saw a dress the other day that was airbrushed and it was so gorgeous <3

metrouk2.files.wordpress.com/.../...ng-dress-2.jpg

metrouk2.files.wordpress.com/.../...3487561765.jpg

(And the wedding party had accessories to match and they also airbrushed the decorations and things to match too, so the wedding looked so good!)

The trend of tie dying a wedding dress was something new to me. But I like it a lot. And that dress is gorgeous. 😍

Dress #5 though 😍 It's the** Cinderella dress.
    I love dress #11 just as much, let's all take a moment for that beautiful coral pink *.*

great take!! totally agree.

11 and 6 looks really nice. Would totally wear it

Funnily enough all the dresses except the one Blair actually wore for her wedding are beautiful.

Some of those are quite pretty. They look expensive but pretty

I LOVE these dresses, but I would rather stick to the white dresses lol.. I don't know why but I just do.
    I love 1,2,10,11 and 13 :)

I love the one from weddingdressfantasy. com

I love those dresses, especially the red one you posted first, sooooo pretty! The thing is though because they aren't white they look more like pompous ball dresses.. But if you don't mind that for your wedding those are very nice!

They're nice but none of them scream wedding dress to me, and some are way too sexy to be worn on someone's wedding. I much prefer the more traditional white gown. These look like prom, date night and funeral dresses to me. I pictured them all in white and they were much more beautiful that way.

Aw but you gotta have something nontraditional sometimes right? Even if it's a themed wedding or colorful one, you gotta have some fun right? ^^

True and those dresses are very pretty, I guess I'm just one of those people who's gonna wear some colorful dress and honestly me being a teen like most of us I have that rebel streak. The second one is the best in my opinion ❣

@KittieCat Lol I certainly understand. Clothing is a big reflection of who we are. There's nothing wrong with liking something a little different.