Why More Women Should Be Bodybuilders

Women should be encouraged to become bodybuilders. Gaining muscle is more important than losing weight or allowing your self-esteem be based on the number on the scale. When a woman has more muscle mass, she can do a lot of things by herself, without a man by her side.

Instead of encouraging women to look like this,

we should encourage women to aspire this physique.

We should let go of former gender norms and expectations of what women should look like. They are not healthy or realistic. Instead, we should opt for greater health by building stronger muscles.

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 14

I always do like and meet female bodybuilders, they are just normal people that other people don't accept. They are the best

I would much rather the woman in the middle picture. The other two will kick my ass :<

It's ok for a woman to be a bodybuilder, but the women on the pictures.. that's just too much of a muscle.

I agree with you! No reason why women should be stopped or discriminated against for wanting to be strong and/or muscular. Having muscle makes you a healthier person (except when you abuse steroids and overdo it...)

I think I just puked a little in my mouth. While I'm all for gals hitting the gym to look the best they can, just SMH X1000. Where's @redeyemindtricks when you need her?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGPYBb2DRsg

What the mother actual @#$%. What the hell is wrong with women. YOU GIRLS CAN"T BE SERIOUS MAN.

YOU KNOW WHERE THE STRENGTH OF A WOMEN IS? NOT IN HER MUSCLES... BUT IN HER FEMININITY. Why are you girls so hell bent on becoming men. F%$#@ ME

I WANT FEMININE GIRLY WOMEN BACK. PLEASE GOD. I WANT THEM

It must be a joke right?

Well, the main goal is to build as much muscle as possible. That may be difficult due to genetics or environment. So, even if the look is not achievable, it's still a good idea to bulk up.

Maybe they should have used some different pictures. Those 'girls' look like they could eat my younger brother in a heartbeat

Feminism has gone way too far, holy fuck this is hideous. Yes women, you should definitely strive for masculinity. Do this and our species will go extinct due to lack of fucking breeding

I would go somewhere in the middle and pick the fit defined look.

Joke? Yes? This is a joke I hope?

So women should take roids and hormones?

lol yeah encourage women to look like men, and even with all the workouts you will never reach the strength of a man, a man who works out will always be stronger and even a normal dude is still on par with a woman who has been working out for few years.

I don't see many people getting behind this but good luck.

What Girls Said 7

Obvious troll is obvious mahah ::yawn::

Good Take.

There's a few competitive female bodybuilders at the gym I go to.

I admire ALL bodybuilders. I admire their, discipline, dedication and motivation. They train damn hard to get a bodybuilders physique , despite if some are on steroids or not.

I like working out and having muscle tone. I like the extra strength, and the way my body improves, getting tighter and healthier. Like, my blood tests are improved, I don't get sick often, my skin looks better. I agree that the stereotype that women shouldn't have muscles is ridiculous. You should have muscles to have a tight toned body and look good naked.

We can just promote fit women instead of female bodybuilders, though. Why should we pass from the extreme of model physique, to the extreme of bodybuilder physique? Sure, some people are able to follow those extremes. But not everyone wants to follow such an extreme lifestyle. All bodybuilders, male and female, pass endless hours at the gym and take supplements. Additionally, women have to take testosterone hormones. If their body fat percentage is too low, they can't get pregnant also.

Oh my word I will never look like that.
    That looks hideous and gross.
    I refuse to look like that honestly.

Guys can have muscles. I'll keep my slim petite figure thank you very much

I swear I thought those were men in drag.

I am not in favor of the bb type female. They lack female curves. But I am for the trained muscular female that still looks like a female.

I recreational body build. But it's a very meticulous lifestyle, and I have so much university work to do, so I don't make it my life.