10 Horrible Men's Fashion Choices That Need to Die

1. The Overgrown Suit

A good suit is going to cost you a nice chunk of change, so I would think that going in, you'd want something that actually happens to fit you if you're going to spend all that money, but to go in and just buy some suit that is clearly 10 sizes too big for you that doesn't fit in the shoulders, the waist, the sleeves, or the break, is baffling. Look at this dude. It's like a weight loss advertisement in the difference between the two. And yes, in case you're wondering, his "is he hot" quotient went up 10 fold just by wearing clothes that actually fit him. He doesn't look like your cousins little brother any more, he actually looks like an adult man!

2. Saggy Baggy Pants + Underwear reveal

Guys, you are not in prison. You don't need to show Don down the street that you aren't packing any weapons by dropping your jeans or pants this low (unless you do, then by all means, avoid getting shot at unnecessarily)...but no, you're like in the mall and at the grocery store and walking around the suburbs like this for what reason exactly? It's not cool, nor fashionable, nor decent to do this. Pull those pants up to that thing called your waist and gain some respect for yourself. No one is going to take you seriously like this.

3. Socks with sandals

This used to be relegated to old fat men on some beach somewhere, but it has invaded the youth now, and therefore something must be done about it. Sandals are only meant to be worn with the toes out. They are summer shoes, fresh off of the beach shoes, going for a quick errand shoes...but they are not, let's put socks on with them shoes. If you are ashamed of your nasty ugly toes, do something about them. Get those things taken care of so you don't have to do this. You're much much much too young to do this. You're better than this people!

4. The Deepest of V's

The sad part is there are even deeper V necks than this one that actual male humans wear. There is no where you can wear this and not appear to be a d-bag. Your chest does not need this much ventilation. If it does, wear a tank top, and leave this at home.

5. Too much Jewelry

Yes, we know this was cool in the 90s or maybe the 70s or if you were Liberace. We know it was awesome to have the pucca shell necklace and snake rings and every rubber wrist band from everything ever, but in life sometimes, when you love something, you have to set it free. This is one of those times. Don't just set one of them free, set all of them free. Your much lighter wrists, neck, and fingers, will thank you.

6. Dad Jeans

Yes, these do exist. You know them when you see them because most likely your dad is STILL wearing them. They are typically a stonewashed color with a light blue wash. They are high-waisted, sitting well above the hips, and balloon out around the waist. Nope, let these go. Better yet, get your dad to let these go unless he's Steve Jobs ghost. Then maybe...

7. Chunky Heeled Shoes

Most people want to always look taller and leaner or stronger than they actually are, and these shoes are the antithesis of making that happen. They are like visual lead weights on a guy adding significant bulk where no guy needs any bulk whatsoever. Don't believe me, look at the first picture of suit guy again and in the before he's wearing a pair of these that might as well be a set of cloven hooves vs. just a nice slim line oxford in the second image. It really does help create nice lines on the body that chunky clunky shoes will never do. Up your sexy with shoes that skim the feet as opposed to put them in cement blocks.

8. White Socks or Sports Socks with Suits

This may have been okay that one time when you were like 13 and your mom was rushing you into the car and you couldn't find your dress socks, but as a grown a-- man, you're still wearing tube socks, or your nike socks...that say NIke down the side with a suit???? Girls can't even get away with this one. There is no excuse. Even the dollar store sells dress socks!

9. Man Capris

Can you honestly say to someone with a straight face, that you enjoy showing your shins off? I actually don't know which is worse...to have these tight fitting or to have them super large and loose.

10. Your Stupid Knot

No one needed or asked for this. Don't be this guy at the board room meeting because it will get you noticed for the wrong reasons. The fact that you are doing this or the other what, 30 ways you can tie a tie, indicates that you actually thought about this long enough to hit up the internet and watch a few videos on how to make this tie happen because no normal man knows how to make this happen out of the blue. This is not the few loops of over and under any dad is teaching his son before church. The tie is a noose around your neck and all you've done is miraculously find a way to somehow make it even noosier!

*BONUS*

Cue the emaciated puppies and kittens theme song music by Sarah McLachlan because this bonus can only be dedicated to the one and only man on the planet earth who has taken it upon himself to embody all that is wrong and unholy about men's fashion. Let the count the ways: Frosted tips. Frosted Goatee with extensions?!? Sunglasses indoors. Ed Hardy. Man Capris. Orange Tan. Juvenile T-shirts. Black socks on the beach. Camo formal suits. Way too many bowling shirts. 1970s style 'going out' shirts. Double hoop earrings. Deep Vs. Dad jeans. FLAMES. Wings. Dragons. Embroidery. Ill Fitting clothing. Chunky shoes. Wearing sweat wrist bands while not even playing sports. Too much jewelry. Too much everything.

BeeNee is a GirlsAskGuys Influencer
Who are Influencers?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit
Sponsored

What Guys Said 30

• Can I add my own? Going to anyway:

FORMAL BOAT SHOES. Fuck off. You are not on a boat and these are not formal, because you're probably a big enough prick as to be wearing them without socks:
    i.ebayimg.com/images/g/hGIAAMXQRPRTJZtA/s-l300.jpg

REALLY LONG SQUARE TOES. Fuck off. Are you expecting a fucking jai alai game to break out and want to make sure you have the appropriate equipment stored inconspicuously on your feet?

ak1.ostkcdn.com/images/products/P17632883db.jpg

LEATHER NECKALES. Fuck off. And die.

www.talismanjewellery.com.au/.../...cklace_800.jpg

I mean, look at this prick:

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...9ff7ae6c24.jpg

He was bought that suit when he was 14, and still wears it to his day job at the phone case and screen protector kiosk in the mall.

One more: UPTURNED COLLARS. Fuck off. This doesn't look good nor is it comfortable.

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...311319cab4.jpg

Seriously, your neck is not going to get that cold.

• 1. For real, please get me a suit that fits WELL!

2. I agree with you. Thank goodness I never did it.

3. "He's wearing Crocks with Socks... LOL (SNL)

4. DAFAQ?

5. I don't do jewelery (not even a watch and I'm not married)

Guy Ferrari (or however you spell his last name) just annoys me. I can't even stand to look at his mode of dress.

• I agree with all of those although I am having trouble understanding the chunky dress shoes one. Can you be more specific? To me, dress shoes are dress shoes and I have trouble recognizing the difference.

• In fashion, not many people set out to look lumpy and dumpy. With men and women, you want to create a nice long line that flatters the body and shows off the shape you have. It's the reason jackets have darting, suits are fit to the shoulders, women wear high heels, etc. When you add a particularly chunky boxy shoe to the foot, you stop that nice long flattering line. It visually weighs you down like a cement block. It may be hard to understand without seeing it, but perhaps the next time you're in a shoe store, stand in front of a mirror and try on the chunky boxy footwear vs. say a slimmer profile oxford with a slightly more pointed toe.

• @BigBallerSodaPop Depends where you're shopping I guess. And your price range.

• @0112358 My general rule is don't go near the box toe. If I remember correctly, Alfani by Macy's has some inexpensive non box toe shoes.

• 3. I do this when I'm going to the gym. I don't like wearing my training shoes to the gym because I'm trying to preserve them for as long as I can and I'm not going to waste my time going in between shoes in the locker room.
    10. I don't think anyone would notice the knot

I agree with the rest though. Especially 1. When I was little I dreaded ever thinking about wearing a suit when I grew up because in my early years in the 90s the baggy suit was pretty common and I thought it looked so lame. Now I don't mind wearing a suit at all because I have actual fitted ones.

• Anything worn that is gym related, whilst in route to said gym is fine.

I would agree with you about the suits in the 90s. Most of them were the American cut style which is a looser fit all the way round, and it made for some really dumpy looking suits. Now, thankfully they have all sorts of cuts especially the slim fit for thinner men which I don't think really had much of an option in suiting except to go bigger unless they had a tailor.

• Never seen #10 before and horrified by it. Love that you called out Guy Fieri though, awesome :)

• LOL at the ending!! soo funny.

• Good except Dad jeans. I understand that the Snowflakes who post here have no clue what farm and yard work are but those of us in the real world wear them with pride. And many of us ARE Dads as opposed to insipid "baby daddies"/sperm donors.

• Did you know the sagging pants started in prison? It was a way for the gay inmates to let other inmates know their ready for sodomy (anal sex) without alerting the guards because it's frowned upon in the jail system. Only reason I wear socks with Sandles, is when I go outside briefly because the asphalt powder from the road and dust from being in a desert state gets on my flip flops and dyes my feet black everytime. Otherwise I don't wear the socks if I'm out in public, which normally I wear shoes when I am

• Oh and only reason I have a baggy suit is because the tailor that was supposed to take it in and fit it ripped me off, $50 and they didn't do anything, so I rarely wear it, haven't had the money to get it fixed lately because of extra bills

• And I never wear white socks with a suit, unless it's a white suit but I don't wear white suits because they would get dirty what to fast

• I agree with everything except 2-3 points, but overall, the take is nicely written.

• My only issue with #1 is that the guy in the teeny tiny suit is so thin that the fitted suit looks almost as bad.

There was also this nasty fad going around where guys were wearing dress shoes with no socks. Go ahead, read that again. No. Socks. I'm not talking the half/hidden socks... none.

• Very good take ma'am, agree with it all especially the baggy suits, baggy clothes in general. You show up to an interview or date looking like that and get rejected out of hand.

• Yes to all.

Men really, really need to grow up.

• Have to pretty much agree with all of this. Not saying it's super immature to dress otherwise than one's mentioned as a No No, but it's in mens best interest to avoid such clothing styles.

• I agree with most of these, though the guy on the bottom can do whatever he wants to he's a celebrity, they don't count.

• chunky dress shoes piss me off, every time its a shoe with a nice shape and BAM a ten meter fucking heel at the back... that knot is ridiculous, last dude hurts my eyes haha

• YES! OH MY GOODNESS, YES!

• Hey, I like dark jeans that fit well, but when I'm working my ass off on the job site, you can bet your sweet ass I am wearing those stone-washed, loose as hell jeans that need a goid belt to stay up.

• That's a lot different than deciding you're going to wear those things on a dinner date. You should see what I wear when I'm gardening... of course those things are never meant for anyone to see because they're supposed to be torn up and beat up and abused as opposed to ruining my nice things.

• Fair enough, just stating my defense for my workplace attire.

• I wear socks with flip flops cause it's comfortable. Especially when you have bad feet and knees 😩

• I have to agree. But it would be nice to see a mytake that talks about good style for men. And how to pull certain things off.

• Stupid post with selfish opinions. What's worse is that it's ONE girls opinion on what all men should not wear. Why don't you head to the kitchen real quick and fix me a sammich, thanks in advance hun.

• thats why i dont take mytakes seriously. it's in the opinion of ONE. it's idiotic. and she calls herself an editor, lmao

• More from Guys
    10

What Girls Said 16

• Great take agree with all of them except sagging pants which for some reason I like.

• I agree with everything except the tie knot. I like when guys change things up and besides it would be boring always wearing tge same old tie all the time. I know I like to change up my makeup and accessories so I think guys might want little changes too.

• Guy Fieri is the man!!

I like deep V necks if they're fashionable and socks with sandals are comfy 😫

• Great take, you hit my most hated men's fashion ills. Especially sagging pants and ugly butt boxers showing, that's just to gag!!!

So hurt that you picked on poor Guy Fieri, he's got his own style!!!

• Leave Guy Fieri out of this lmfao. I am so triggered.

• Pretty much all except #10. I kinda like fancy ties. I think they do look nice and they're fun to tie but I don't know, I'm not the one that has to wear them all day.

• I happen to agree with all of the 10 listed here. I hate all of these 10/ But only confused a bit about the chunky shoes.

• i cannot stand saggy pants. it's so trashy.

• I agree, especially with the sagging pants one. There are guys at my school who sag their pants and it looks gross. Nobody wants to see your dirty underwear haha. I love you guys but belts look so much more classy. :)

• Loved this take and I agree with it all. :)

• Thanks for the mytake, it was very entertaining

I do wear socks with slippers at the library

• Good post+

• I don't and will never agree with the v-neck lol

• I so agree with you, good take

• Yes but no. 5
    It doesn't look bad

• 4,5 and 10 are so metrosexual, the saggy pants one is ghetto. The rest are just stupid guy stuff.