10 Ladies Clothing Problems and Solutions

These are the type of annoying things that happen to us all. They are the annoying things that can ruin a day or at least make one more frustrating than it needs to be all because of something going wrong with our clothes. Here are some common fashion problems and their solutions.

PROBLEM NUMBER 1: Your Underwear is Showing OR You're Pregnant (the pregnancy isn't the problem, lol)

Ladies Clothing Problems and Solutions

If you're not pregnant of course you can opt for some higher waisted jeans or a longer top, but if this is a constant problem, because both your tops and bottoms never seem to cover you up enough or you're tall and lengths of shirts just don't seem to cover it, or you can't afford to replace a wardrobe right now, opt for a Band. This one is called "Trendy Top," which comes in tons of colors.

The same recommendation goes for if you are pregnant and you don't want to have to buy or can't afford brand new maternity jeans, shorts or skirts, but can no longer button your regular sized bottoms anymore exposing bits of your stomach/rear. They makes several types of Maternity Belly Bands; they are stretchy bands, like a headband, except it's for your waist. You simply slip it on and it covers part of the hips on up to about belly button height, so if you're just walking around, it looks like you have an undershirt on. Helps conceal the underwear, allows pregnant women to continue wearing their old jeans/pants/shorts with the button unbuttoned, and provides a bit of modesty for those clothes that don't quite make the grade.

PROBLEM #2: BLISTERS ON YOUR FEET

Women typically will develop blisters on the heels, big toes, or anywhere on the feet which tend to develop after wearing ill fitting high heels that are slightly too big in some area and rubbing against the skin creating friction and irritation. Learn your lesson and avoid buying ill fitting shoes at all cost, but if it's too late for that, the nanosecond you feel irritated, stop immediately and apply one of the following remedies: apply band-aids, mole skin, or rub deodorant, balm, lipstick, or a product called Friction Block to the effected areas to alleviate the pain.

PROBLEM #3: ARMPIT STAINS

Not much you can do if the problem is in progress, but if you know you're going to be in a hot and sweaty situation or you are just naturally really sweaty, give Dress Shields a try. They make several types from ones that you can re-use to the disposable kind. They can hook to your bra, attach directly onto your shirt, or wrap around the body, but they absorb the sweat so it doesn't end up showing up on your shirt. You can also make sure you keep your pit hairs shaved or waxed off and change your deodorant to a stronger medical grade.

PROBLEM #4: YOUR ZIPPER IS STUCK

If your zipper won't budge, get out the lube. You have several options to grease the track. You can take a candle and rub the wax into the teeth, you can take a sharpened pencil and rub the graphite into the teeth, or you can take Vaseline and, you guessed it, rub it into the teeth. These things should allow the zipper to then easily glide up. Just make sure that afterwards, you then gently remove as much of the extra wax or Vaseline as you can so as not to stain or ruin your clothing.

PROBLEM #5: PILLING ON YOUR SWEATERS

So you didn't read the label on your sweater that says, lay flat to air dry and out your sweater comes from the dryer filled with pilling (not pealing), also known as little balls of accumulated, usually man-made fibers caused from the fabric essentially unraveling and rubbing together. The solution, though slightly to totally time consuming, is to simply take one of the following items: razor, textured side of a sponge, abrasive cloth, sweater stone, or one of the specialty electrical or mechanical thingies that they specifically make for this task, and then gently, especially with the razor, rub/stroke the fabric until the pilling comes off. The sweater should look brand new again.

PROBLEM #6: HANGER DIMPLES

You pull your shirt or sweater off the hanger and there is a stupid lump or bump caused by the hanger. Wet your fingers and apply to bump to get it to calm down. Ice works too, as does hanging the garment in the bathroom with you as you shower, and letting the steam work it on out.

PROBLEM #7: YOUR HEM IS TOO LONG

Hem them or see a tailor. Don't have time for that or don't know how and don't plan to learn...well there are a couple of solutions. If you have no time, and the problem is right now, use double sided tape; put tape on inside of pant leg and pull them up to where you want and tape up. If you have time to purchase, try Hem gems, Style Snaps, iron on fabric bond, or hemming tape...they will all lift your hems up without having to sew them into place.

PROBLEM #8: UNDERWIRE STABBING YOU

If the underwire on your bra has managed to work its way to the surface of your bra such that it's now actually stabbing you, hit up the bathroom, take off the bra, and take a pad and cut off a small piece. Jam the wire back in as far as it will go and then patch it over with the slice of pad, by sticking it over the area. You can try the product, Mole Skin (the type usually reserved for your feet) which also works well. Duct tape might work, but it can be an irritant to the skin. Of course, this is a temporary solution, replace your bra as soon as possible.

PROBLEM #9: STATIC CLING

Static cling is so annoying! Luckily, the solutions are pretty easy. You can try a couple of things...moisten your hands and run them along the affected areas, put lotion on, rub dryer sheets on your clothes, spray clothing with a bit of hair spray, change your rubber soled shoes (that can collect a charge) to leather ones, take the item off and run a metal hanger on and through your clothes,

PROBLEM #10: YOU NEED TO CHANGE QUICKLY

This last one is more of an interest thing, but they have *FINALLY* lol, developed a way for women to be able to change in public from one outfit to another without having to have a shield of friends hold up a towel, or you having to struggle under a towel to change, or without having to run to a dirty public bathroom, or without having to try to change in your car if you're in a remote area like a beach or hiking trip. Just easier if you see the video, then to have me explain.

Many of the above remedies can apply to men's clothing as well

BeeNee is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 12

nice love the few concept and helps us as well

Interesting insight in girls' clothing worries :D
    Especially the painful feet with heels and the need to change urgently are thing we notice quite frequently!

Those problems shouldn't be solved :P we are fine with it

Some of these are solutions for both genders.

It pays if you read the take all the way through to the end...

Problem 1 is fine.

So very good tips there for everyday problems

GREAT TAKE, and like you said, these also apply for men.

Awesome!

fucking hanger dimples! my girlfriend always hangs my t-shirts and hoodies on the thin wire hangers which means i walk around all day with hanger dimples and look like a tit :p

Its just so hard to be mad about it, because i dont expect her to do my laundry in the first place. How can i tell her nicely that she's doing it wrong?

There is no way especially if you appreciate her doing your laundry for you. If anything, if it's your apartment/house together or your own, ditch the wire hangers, and just buy some new ones on your own and replace them before she can notice. Blame it on a good sale.

its her flat and i stay there when im in town. Im usually there for about a week or so, which means she does my laundry even though i keep hinting at taking it to the laundrette. I just can't be mad at her especially as i think she broody and likes the idea of us living together lol.

I guess things could worse than hanger dimples :p

You forgot the biggest problem: Layering
    Women's clothes seem to be made with the assumption that women just like to wear a bunch of layers, and thus are too thin. Now I can't think of a real way to change this is the fashion industry has said that women can't look cute AND stay warm at the same time.
    The best solution is that she should make sure during the winter that the layered clothes she buys are easy enough to remove and put on again when entering/exiting the heated buildings to the cold again. I've seen before where cardigans were so thin another one would be needed and sometimes they're too difficult to put on and take off comfortably.

Please don't fix problem 1.

Problem #1 is sexy though haha

Some of these are applicable for men too!

It says that at the bottom of the take. Cool your horses.

My horses are cool, don't you worry about it! :P

I just overlooked that part because it was quoted, and wasn't part of the main body of this myTake!

What Girls Said 7

These are actually really good, I'm bookmarking this!

• 6d

good-

lol shut up men about # 1

Great take! I'm in love with number 10, can't wait to get it, as a runner who sometimes needs to change in a pinch it becomes tricky lol.

Ditto! There are a couple of longer videos where they show it being used on trails and stuff, and I'm like, yes! This is so perfect. I also have clients that often need to change for photo shoots in the middle of no where and it's like such a pain for the girls to have to change in a car or find some wall or shield somewhere to protect themselves from peeping eyes!

Haha! I know all about that. I can't believe I've never heard of it before! I'm guilty of so many things in this take, I love it :-)

Get the underwear thing and armpit thing all the time I'll take your advice thanks!

These are all great tips. I'm very thankful to hear about the armpit sweat one, lol. Thanks! :)

I hate zippers so much. I'll just buy coats with buttons from now on.