Some of the Most Annoying Parts of Women's Clothing

There are just some things about fashion that are soooo annoying...and yet we continue to wear them as if they aren't. Beauty is pain they say. And they're right!

Some of the Most Annoying Part's of Women's Clothing

1. Sequin dresses and tops

Hello sequin dress or top, meet armpit. Yes, let's take sandpaper and just rub it into our armpit all night long, but dang it if the outfit isn't so sparkly and cute and pretty and shiny. If only you could stop chaffing and bleeding all over it.

2. Flip Flops

The standard flip flop has many many enemies: sand, mud, snow, rain, puddles, gravel foot paths, food spillage, stubbing toes, long walks, ankle sock tans, silent rooms, people stepping on the backs of them, formal events, working out, toe chaffing, bad manicures, longevity.

3. The Feather Dress

Do you feel like Big Bird's sexy cousin from out of town, sure, but you're also molting (aka shedding), which isn't the best look. It helps if you have a quality dress and not some cheap internet knock off, but you're going to lose some of this stuff somewhere in route to wherever you're going.

4. The strapless dress

Big boobed girls definitely understand this one, but it can happen to anyone of us. You start off with the dress sitting right where it's supposed to, and then it starts slipping lower and lower and you have to tug at it higher and higher...all...day...and...night long. If you're at an event, you have to keep reminding yourself to pull it up before the pictures are taken that may haunt your dreams. Add to that, if you have a strapless bra that's doing the same = nightmare.

5. Overalls and jumpsuits

Using the Bathroom and/or being on your period whilst wearing them. Really annoying when you have to basically undress to address either situation.

6. Bodycon dresses

No matter your size, they always roll up and you have to roll them or smooth them back down, and if they are mini skirt length to begin with, you have to be really careful sitting down or getting up.

7. Pocketless pants

I, and every designer, could make a case for the dress in number 6 not needing pockets because a big bulky pocket would ruin the line of the dress, but we have come to expect that pants and shorts should naturally have pockets. They tend to be worn less formally most of the time anyway, so WHY THE HELL are there so many pants and jeans without pockets. It is literally the most infuriating thing to reach down to put something there and forget, you don't have a pocket...and yes, we know, we have purses, but do you carry your purse around with you around the office or classroom. NO. And please don't insult us with the "fake" pocket. It looks like a pocket, but it's sewn up and serves no purpose.

8. The high heel

If one of your first couple of thoughts when looking at those shoes was...is she seriously walking on coblestones...then you KNOW the pain of it all. High heels can do wonders for our look, our height, our confidence, but truly the higher you go, the more you suffer for those benefits. Any part of this shoe can go wrong and leave you in a world of pain. Not enough foot cushioning, straps too tight/not tight enough, toe strap too tight, blisters, foot exhaustion, not enough toe room, chaffing, or just darn painful to walk in. ARG!

BeeNee is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 6

Very easy problem to solve - DON'T WEAR THAT SHIT.

OK, ms. woman's clothes expert, now do mens. Let's see what the all knowing Beenee knows/can do

I really like 4 and 5 on a girl but I see how they can be super annoying.

As a man I would happily try wearing all of the above to know what women have to go through.

I agree, especially about the high heels, very annoying.
    Great Take 👍

The joys of women's fashion - One of the happening areas in my city is a pedestrianised cobble stone area and the poor girls literally teetering around on the stones in their heels is a sight to behold.

What Girls Said 17

i agree with the strapless dress and the sequins that are nightmares for armpits

#1 -- Surprised you didn't mention the long-hair problem, too...
    I have a couple of tops that are sequin'd all the way around -- including the back -- and I have a trench coat that's completely covered with sequins, too. Let's just say... I've been wearing these a LOT since I've been back on #teamshorthair again. (:

#3 -- But it's *awesome* to leave a trail of evidence wherever you go! Veni vidi vici, and all that. <3 <3
    Anyways... Surprised you mentioned feathers... and not GLITTER. Ahahah anything covered with glitter... that shizz is going EVERYWHERE.
    I have this weekender bag...
    dtpmhvbsmffsz.cloudfront.net/.../...9bab00640e.jpg
    ... and it has left a trail of silver glitter EVERYWHERE IT HAS EVER BEEN mahahah

#5 -- I hate overalls.
    I sort of like the *idea* of jumpsuits... but, at my height? Hahahaha no thanks, I'd rather not have a permanent wedgie that lasts for hours...

#7 -- I gotta disagree with you here bb.
    Pockets are VERY hard to work into the shape of an extremely fitted jean. They always seem to pull the fabric in *some* wrong direction or another... and, even if they don't, there's still the unattractive outline of the fabric pocket itself that can be seen underneath.
    Pocketless jeans, on the other hand, have a PERFECT silhouette.
    ... Yes, I'm the douchebag who totally *does* carry a purse across the room with me when I'm indoors. Yep. I'm THAT girl.

#8 -- SO WORTH ITTTTTTTT

I mean, I understand and can relate to all of these struggles, but damn the photos were still good lmao

So true for 6 lol 😭
    I love these dresses, but I have been to a party once wearing It and It became an effin mini skirt and it was so embarrassing because I don't normally wear very short stuff.

Pocketless pants make zero sense to me.

And I hate strapless anything because my boobs keep falling out of them lol

• 7d

good-

I can't even express how much anger I feel towards fake pockets.

I don't like shiny tops and dresses anyway, what am I, a Vegas showgirl?

And the model in the heels picture isn't walking in cobblestones, she's standing. With 2 big guys supporting her arms

Strapless anything... so right about the constant checking and adjusting.

I don't wear pants very often but sometimes leggings and and I guess it doesn't really bother me.

I agree with 3 and 5.

I honestly don't get pocket less pants Like did your brain freeze when you were making those pants? like srsly so dumb.

all pf those things are uncomfortable and pretty gaudy looking. just dont wear it. problem solved.

For the heels, they can also affect your body for life. Shortened tendons, and tilted uterus. Some find it difficult to get pregnant because they're tilted years later.

I LOVE! heels, but I try to limit my time in them. I will go to an event, be seen, show them off, take all the photos, and then I switch to those flats that fold up and fit in your purse. Life savers.

I didn't even read this tbh but TAGS! I hate those itchy starchy tags... And itchy material is even worse... Because there's nothing that you can do about it... And I hate it when the article is super cute too! Also I saw strapped sandals, the thing about those is that when you wear them a lot outside you get strap suntans on your feet that look like you have some sorta crazy disease!

Just don't wear the things that annoy you.

For the love of god, not all bodies are made for leggings and if you feel your body qualifies to wear them, invest in a tunic, so you can put your camel toe away.

Hate flip flops and sequin dresses but I love overalls, strapless dresses, and high heels. I can see why you think they're annoying but in my opinion how they look is so good that it's worth it.

Of course we continue to wear these things! I wasn't implying we should stop. Beauty is pain is what I actually said in my opener. It just doesn't change the fact that they are still annoying.