A continuation of my series about the Lolita fashion.
Lolita FAQ's myTake.
1. Ita - An ita is usually someone new to the fashion with very little knowledge about how the rules of the aesthetics work who end up making an ass ugly coord. Ita can also be used to describe the way someone acts while in the fashion (like acting like a cat girl anime weeaboo).
2. Coord - A term short for coordinate which is what Lolita's call their outfits.
3. Burando/Brand - It's what people jokingly call brand name Lolita pieces (Things from Angelic pretty. Alice and the pirates, or Baby the stars shine bright, etc.) Burando is also how they pronounce brand in Japan.
4. AATP - Alice and the Pirates a high end Lolita brand
5. AP - Angelic Pretty a high end Lolita brand
6. BTSSB - Baby the stars shine bright a high end Lolita brand
7. Meta - Metamorphose/Metamorphose temps de fille a high end Lolita brand
8. OTT - Over the top (It's not used as an insult.) I personally love OTT sweet coordinates.
9. JSK - Jumper skirt which is just a sleeveless dress you're suppose to wear a blouse under, or a bolero/cardigan over it.
10. OP - One piece dress which is a dress with sleeves (no blouse required with these).
11. OTK - Over the knee socks
12. Sk - Lolita Skirt
13. Fatty-chan - An insult used to shame what some Lolita's consider fat (only the stuck up ones would call someone this)
14. Brand Whore - The term used to describe Lolita's who are all about the brand life that shame any other Lolita who doesn't have a full brand or a brand name coord.
15. Vendetta-chan - A Lolita who usually lashes out online when shit doesn't go their way, or if they feel attacked by insulting and spilling secrets about people.
15. BTB - Behind the bows. This is a place where people do to either praise, insult, say random things about, or completely wreck a person. Usually it's mostly salty insults you see there, but sometimes you'll see something nice or funny.
16. EGL - Elegant Gothic and Lolita which is an online community with unfortunately a pretty bad reputation because of a few assholes even though it's not all that bad.
17. Second hand - It's basically hand-me-downs. Lolita fashion is expensive so most women buy second hand since it's a cheaper way to buy brand name pieces instead of buying them directly.
18. SS - Shopping service. A shopping service is what you use to buy pieces that can't be bought in your country because some places don't ship over sea's.
19. IW - Innocent World which is a high end brand name Lolita shop.
Replica's - Stolen art work (prints from dresses, designs, etc), and wearing them is very bad in the Lolita community.
21. Petti/Petticoat - The thing you wear under your dress to make it poofy and is a complete must wear in the Lolita fashion.
22. Bloomers - It's underwear for your underwear. You shouldn't go without wearing something like them or even p.j. shorts under your petticoat. Showing your panties is a Lolita no-no. This is a fashion about modesty after all.
23. Lace monster - This stinkin' crap right here! A butt ugly dress with too much lace and a crap design often involving low quality lace and fabric.
24. RHS - Rocking horse shoes. These you'd find in more old school Lolita cords from the past, but some people still wear them.
25. Lucky pack - It's like a stuff pack that's on sale usually involving items from the end of the year or dress made for that specific pack.
26. Cutsew - It's basically a thick t-shirt often cheaper than regular Lolita brand items and can be worn under a JSK or with an Sk for more of a casual Lolita look.
27. Brolita - A term in the west used to describe men who wear Lolita fashion.
28. Vm - Victorian Maiden which is a high end Lolita brand.
29. Haenuli - Another high end Lolita brand.
30. Off Brand - A piece not from a big name Lolita brand (not to be confused with loliable). Off brand items are usually from not well known/big name Lolita brands.
31. Ann House - A Chinese owned Lolita brand.
32. Princess/Hime cut - A type of bangs/fringe style that is most common in the Lolita fashion.
33. Gothic Lolita Bible - The most popular and well known Lolita fashion magazine in the community, and probably the most talked about one out there.
These are all the terms that are most common in the Lolita fashion...and all of the ones I could remember off of the top of my head.