More Hairstyles That I Love on Black Girls <3

My last myTake on black girl hairstyles has garnished a lot positive feedback, so I thought I would make a part two on nine more hairstyles that I like on us black girls. We have so many unique hairstyles and it takes a lot to cover them all, so I hope you enjoy this next installment of our beautiful hairstyles!

Note: This list includes natural and ethnic hairstyles. Some people were asking why I left out weave and straight hairstyles, and I left those out on purpose. While I love weaves and straightened hair, I wanted to embrace natural and ethnic hairstyles with these myTakes. Thank you! <3

Faux dreads

When you don’t have real dreads, faux dreads are an alternative. I love these, and I think they’re gorgeous. Unlike the Senegalese twists and box braids from my last list, these aren’t actually “braided”. They are “locked” into place like the real deal. They are also a good protective style for your real hair and look great with all kinds of accessories.

Twist outs

Another style that I absolutely LOVE, and it’s really simple to achieve. First, you twist your hair until your hair is completely enclosed in braids, then wrap it up and leave it overnight. When you wake up the next morning, your will have a full head of even curly curls! It’s a super cute look for natural hair and it looks great.

Kinky twists

These are a gorgeous variant of Senegalese twists and similar braiding styles. Unlike other braiding styles, these twists are usually wore shorter and the ends are curled. I think it's a super cute hairstyle and it is quite versatile.

Cornrows

Unlike the much similar Ghana braids, these are smaller and don’t use as much synthetic hair to create the style. Also, unlike their more glamorous counterpart, they are much more versatile and there’s a whole lot of other styles that you can create with these. I had these a couple of times when I was younger with beads, but I wasn’t really fond of them on me. However, these look great on other ladies.

Braided bun

This is what I was talking about what you can do with the Ghana braids and goddess braids. You can get them braided into a large bun. I think it's gorgeous and I love it on black ladies! It makes them look like royalty, especially with the larger braids.

Bantu knots

No, these are not called “Mini buns”, these are officially called Bantu knots and originate from the Bantu tribe in Africa. Today however, they are not really worn as a hairstyle. Instead they are used to get voluminous curls like twist outs. However, people do wear them as a style, and they can look good on certain black girls.

Faux hawk

Another natural hairstyle that I adore! I think this looks so cute with thick natural black hair, and you can achieve this look without cutting off your hair. You simply get a hair pin and pin up your hair into the look of a Mohawk, and viola, you get an instant Mohawk! It’s super cute and can spice up your hair if you are tired of wearing the same style over and over again.

Marley Twists

This look features thick, large braids, and it similar to Havana, Senegalese, and kinky twists, despite being a type of two-strand twists. What makes these different is the look of these and the type of fake hair that is used to achieve it. Marley hair is a type of curly hair is used in this hairstyle, and I must say, it really works on black chicks. It’s super gorgeous.

Micro braids

Micros, also called "tree braids", are yet another type of braiding style. They involve four-strand twists that are really tiny to achieve the illusion that there was no braiding involved. This style is really cute I must say, but I would never get it myself since this style tends to damage your hair.

And we come to the end of the mytake! I hope you enjoyed! In the future I will probably make more mytakes showcasing the different ways you can wear these styles! Thanks for reading! :)

#BlackGirlMagic

RainbowFanGirl is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit
Sponsored

What Guys Said 5

What Girls Said 16

• Once again, nice hairstyles but how come you never show anyone with just a perm and simple hairstyle?

• Faux hawk is so cute. I also love the curls from twist outs and bantu knots. Also, the faux locs are sooooo cute.

• The kinky twists are nice as well as the micro braids! 💕

• The first girl looks a lot like me but darker haha.
    I really wanna try some twists too
    But it hurts to do 😂

• I love all of these hairstyles. I think my favorite are the kinky twists.

• Omg, I wish I could do twist outs but my hair is too straight... the struggles of being 1/4 native American lol

But seriously, it would be nice to be able to all of these hairstyles. They're all GORGEOUS!

• "the struggles of being 1/4 native American "
      Hey but that means that you're allowed to handle dead bald eagles whereas a white guy like me has to call animal control to have it removed so it evens out

• Kinda jelly of how many legit hairstyle choices you have. 🙋

• Faux hawk 😍

• I love the first girl's hair and the second picture for the cornrows braids is really pretty!

• I'm planning to get my hair done like this:
    s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...25289c2736.jpg

• great ones

• The faux dreads look so pretty on the first girl

• i love these!! i fall hard for micro-braids!!

• I want to try one of these hairstyles some day. Don't know if I'd look as good hehe.

• Omg, I love these styles, too! 😍 😻

• The twist out and kinky twist 👍👍