21st Century Modest Dress

Welcome to the 21st century where a woman can choose whether she wants to dress modestly or not. A lot of people tend to give modest dressing a bad wrap, like a woman must be so repressed if she doesn't show skin, but modest dressing is not all full length head to toe straight jacket type wear. It can be just as fun and fashionable as someone who doesn't dress modestly.

There are different levels and interpretations of modesty. For some, it is fully covered, for some, they want to show some skin, but nothing low cut or high cut in the case of skirts/shorts. For some it includes a head covering, and so fourth and so on. It really isn't as hard as a lot of woman make it out to be to find modest clothing or to style it so that it doesn't remind you of something out of the 1800's. You are after all living in this century where not only has style changed, but the way one dresses modestly has too. No more big sack like shapeless dresses, and clunky heels (unless you want to wear those).

21st Century Modest Dress

As with any fashion choice, it's how you style it. With even the most plain and seemingly boring outfit, you can add accessories, and color, and go crazy with an endless choice of shoes, hats, purses, and jewelry. Don't think like, oh if I wear modest clothes, that you'll just fade into the background. When you are confident and feel good in what you wear, that shows sometimes more than the clothing itself.

Most people don't really actually notice the majority of people who dress modestly. So many women do it anyway without consciously thinking about it. A lot of people assume that you can just identify a modest dresser as a boring person, or a virgin, or a person without style, but there are very stylish and fashionable modest dressers around the globe who post OOTD, go to parties aren't virgins, and definitely still want to dress to impress, just within their comfort zone.

When dressing modestly, it's fun to take inspiration from past generations and bring a bit of vintage flair into a modern wardrobe. A lot of the styles of decades past were meant to be modest but remained very stylish none the less. Mix in modern day designs and patterns to keep it fresh and less costumey. Pick one very vintage piece and mix it with something off today's racks.

When it comes to casual wear, pick pieces with a bit of embellishment to them. A cute top is a cute top is a cute top no matter if it's open back or a turtle neck long sleeve. In winter look for standout leather and jean jackets that can pop even the most mundane jeans and a t-shirt and provide a lot of coverage. When it comes to the summer months, look for breathable lighter weight fabrics and shorter or looser sleeves. A good bet is always an easy breezy chiffon maxi dress that floats in the wind.

Work wear or church wear is a no brainer. Most jobs tend to encourage modest dressing, but you don't just have to do the same old black, grey or navy suit, or dumpy boxy unfeminine cuts. Instead spike your work wear with your personality. Add color, simple accessories, and a bold shoe to your wardrobe, but obviously be mindful of your companies or offices dress code.

Modest dressing in 2017 doesn't have to be boring or predictable. You can shine with as much confidence, personality, and sex appeal as any other women who chooses to show a bit more skin. Don't let someone convince you that you need to show more skin to do these things, just as they shouldn't let anyone convince them that they have to be covered up. There is room for all women to dress the way they like in a way that makes them each feel happy, comfortable, and fashionable.

BeeNee is a GirlsAskGuys Influencer
Who are Influencers?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 5

• Those muslim hijab women look ridiculous. I hope they are not really religious and just wearing it for fun. Because dressing like that with a hijab defeats the purpose of the hijab

• The Asian women in the last picture is hot!!! I find women who dress modestly like her very attractive... you can see she has a killer body under those clothes but she hides it well... very sexy!

• you can't really tell what her body looks like. just that its somewhat small.

• but that dress is a vision, and i usually hate flower print on clothing.

he dress makes me feel like im in the middle of a cherry tree labrinth on a windy day. beautiful.

• @AriadneSky She's proportional.. has some curves and is physical appealing tot the eye. Just because she's not half naked doesn't mean we can't tell how she's put together.

• You kidding me. If more women dressed modestly I wouldn't be as horny as I am, I'd still be horny but not very horny.

• Not a fan of revealing clothes (not in public) modestly dressing women all the way.

• Bravo! It's nice to see some women still know how to look beautiful and classy and don't feel the need to dress like prostitutes.

What Girls Said 7

• nice classy outfits

• Excellent pictures and great points. I wear long sleeves and leggings or pants all year because I get cold outside during the winter and inside in the summer with the AC running. I NEVER wear low cut shirts to work because I am busty and don't want any co-workers or customers to get the wrong impression of me or accuse me of getting promoted for anything other than my work ethic and capabilities. I'm the most modestly dressed person I know and people compliment me on my clothing all the time.

Sex appeal is about personality, not how much clothing you wear. I tried to explain this point to my friend by wearing a turtleneck and pants to a club one night--people still bought me drinks and tried to dance with me. She claims that she could walk in naked and guys would still try to hit on me first. She's a pretty girl, but I can't disagree with her. Despite the layers that I wear, guys can still tell they like my body and personality, and they keep coming back for more

My favorite look here is the polkadot skirt--so classic and flirty. I really like the yellow dress too even though I could never wear it. I have red hair, so I try to wear dark colors that contrast it (black, green, and purple are my favorites). I'd most likely wear the first and last ones with leggings and the polkadot skirt

• Very well said. I'd add that if the act of showing 'not enough skin,' makes you invaluable to someone in their eyes, than that is probably someone you don't want in your life anyway.

• Ha, yes. I had a boss who wore a Hijab everyday. For all four years that I worked at that job, I wondered what her hair looked like in the back of my mind somewhere. It would have been weird for me to ask, and I never did, but one day we were in a back room getting supplies and she took off her Hijab completely to readjust it because she said her pins had really dug in and were askew, and I swear, my jaw dropped. It was like I'd never seen hair before, and hair isn't even a thing that I think the average man ranks as the sexiest part of a woman, but I could from even my perspective as just witnessing this hair for the first time see why holding back this one detail, would as you say excite a man, just thinking and wondering about it, and knowing that what was behind the curtain, so to speak, was all yours because it was covered all day and kept private.

• That's a perfect example! I had a Pakistani friend in elementary and middle school who didn't necessarily want to wear the head covering thing her parents religion wanted her to because it would cover her hair and she liked her hair even though it wasn't exceptional hair

I actually view hair as one of the most potentially erotic feature a woman can have despite obvious genitalia. I have naturally curly red hair, so that's the first thing anybody notices about me, and that's the definitive description guys give when they talk about me "That short girl with red hair" and guys tell me they like my hair all the time... Maybe because I dress modestly

Science says that men like women with long, full hair because it's a sign of fertility (pregnancy depletes the nutrients going into your hair and nails) and I've heard many men say they prefer long hair over short hair on a woman. I think women would benefit from not dying and frying their hair as much because men really do love natural hair

• Great MyTake. Even though I don't make efforts to dress modestly, one semester I did, it was different, you experience different types of uncomfortable feelings. And that was because I didn't have enough cute modesty options/chic staple pieces. But omg, Dina Tokio, SO chic :) Love her style and she dresses modestly.

4.bp.blogspot.com/.../...3331659831917507700_n.jpg

celebmix.com/.../introducing-dina-tokio-03.jpg

scontent.cdninstagram.com/.../..._1341338855_n.jpg

• I really like that last look. So effortless, and a nice pop of animal print in the shoe, and the almost rug like pattern on the bag.

• OMG I love her! Both her and her boyfriend give really good advice lol

• @helloitsmethere He put a ring on it :D Right though, they get the craziest emails? Did you hear they are in the works to get a show

• I like all of these outfits. Especially the last one. I was always a classy dresser and my parents always loved that. My dad once told me that he loves that I choose to dress classy and then my mom agreed. Some people say I'm overdressed but I don't care. It makes me feel good.

• I loved it <3 you made my day

• Awe, thanks and this comment made mine.

• Thank you so much really it's so nice to see beautiful things like this especially here on gag. I loved the way you made it good for all women

• I really love that floral dress!

• love it!