Guys love long hair on girls, something that may puzzle some women. I'm here to settle the debate, tell you why we love long, silky hair, and even offer some tips on how to grow your hair long!
Why do guys love long hair?1. Hair can be seen as a secondary sex characteristic, and long hair is perceived as more feminine.
2. Guys enjoy the feel and texture of a girl's long hair, much different from their own as girls' hair tends to be softer and silkier.
3. Other girls may find a short haircut adorable, but men always prefer hair long and touchable. Some have speculated that this goes back to the middle ages, when women were required to keep their hair covered and revealed it only to their husbands.
"There's a way to make long hair look great on anyone"4. Long hair can be seen as unabashedly feminine, something that a guy may be looking for in his potential girlfriend, whereas for whatever reason, men tend to equate any short haircut with boyish, even if it is the cutest bob.
5. Keeping your hair back may mark you as someone serious and mysterious, while leaving it down can subtly communicate to him that you are free-spirited and adventurous. Short hair is just short hair to a guy.
Long hair gives endless opportunities to change up your look and express yourself; curly one day, straight the next, up for formal occasions and down to just hang out6. Long hair can also complement a girl's features. For some, long hair can soften strong features, giving a more feminine look to sharper, angular faces. Long hair can also be drawn away from the face, highlighting the features, whereas short hair is pretty much set in the style dictated by the cut.
7. Long hair presents myriad options for styling - curly one day, straight the next, up for formal occasions and down to just hang out. There's a way to make long hair look great on anyone and long hair gives endless opportunities to change up your look and express yourself. You can be boho one day and an uptown girl the next.
Long hair presents myriad options for styling
How Can I Grow My Hair Longer?Many people think that maintaining long hair is difficult, but it's not.
1. The fastest way to grow your hair out is to make sure that you have regular haircuts, about every eight to ten weeks. This keeps your ends from splitting; meaning that you get to keep more of your hair every time you go in for a haircut. It also means that your hair stays healthy and less prone to breakage.
2. Between haircuts, make sure to use conditioner, especially on your ends.
3. A leave in treatment is very simple to do every couple of weeks and makes sure your hair stays looking great. Simply apply your conditioner to your hair after showering in the evening and wash it out the next morning. This will keep your hair glossy and soft, plus help to protect it from the heat you use to style it.
There are not only many reasons why men love long hair so that women should keep it long, but also that many tips to help you maintain a long hair easily. Pick your look, are you going to be an uptown girl or a boho today?