Oscars Best And Worst Dressed 2012

It's the day after the Academy Awards, and everyone is buzzing about the Oscars - Hugo and The Artist are the big winners, Ryan Seacrest ambushed on the red carpet, host veteran Billy Crystal's performance, and of course..... Oscar fashion.

I love to discuss my favorites (and least favorites) after every awards show, and so....

....drum roll please.......

here are my picks for the Oscars Best and Worst Dressed 2012!

Best Dressed

Gogus olculeri
1. Cameron Diaz

Cameron Diaz looked stunning in this pinkish champagne (is that the official color? lol) Gucci gown. It flowed beautifully, fit her figure perfectly, and had those gorgeous cascading chiffon ruffles that floated about the stage when she presented. She wore very little jewerly, and best of all - wore her hair naturally. No up-do, no hairspray, nothing to distract us from the beauty of the dress!

Gogus olculeri
2. Gwyneth Paltrow

Gwyneth wore white, which was a hot color on the red carpet last night. This Tom Ford gown had a beautiful cape, which was both fashion-forward AND practical, given that it was a bit chilly last night in Hollywood! This looks sleek and sophisticated, and Gwyneth's styling - simple hair and very few accessories.

Gogus olculeri
3. Kristen Wiig

While many listed Kristen as one of their least faves, I think that she looks fresh and feminine. The nude color not only stood out on the red carpet, it also looked great with her complexion. I admit - I'm a sucker for chiffon. And once again, Kristen leaves the accessories at home - I love a naked neck with a sweetheart neckline!

Worst Dressed

Gogus olculeri
1. Natalie Portman

I'm not sure what possessed Natalie to choose this dress, but it felt a little underdressed, underwhelming, and under-achieving. The polka dots gave it a casual air that is not appropriate for the Oscars (especially for a former Oscar winner), and had it been knee-length or tea-length, it could have been a Betsey Johnson dress that a teenager would wear to her Sweet 16.

Gogus olculeri
2. Meryl Streep

As much as I love her performances, I do NOT love this dress selection. The gold is a wonderful color choice for Ms. Streep, but it's ill-fitting, frumpy, and a little too.....matronly. I know she's a well-respected actress in her 60's, but that doesn't mean she needs to avoid showing her assets. I felt this looked cheap and misshapen.

Gogus olculeri
3. Virginia Madsen

Purple is my absolute favorite color, and yet, it does nothing for me here. Virginia Madsen chose a silhouette that was a bit dated and unflattering - it almost looks as though she borrowed a niece's prom dress. Boring! She has a beautiful curvy figure that could have easily looked elegant. What happened here, Virginia?

And there you have it, folks! My picks for 2012. Overall, I was happy to see the ladies were classy and somewhat covered-up. Too much cleavage and skin is contrived and dull, but we're starting to see the starlets veer away from skin, and opt for class.

Please comment below, and feel free to list your favorites and least favorites as well.

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 2

• And Kristen Wiigs dress looks like it's been through a shredder before she put it on.

• Wtf? Gwyneth Paltrows dress is the ugliest one of the bunch. It's like she's wearing a cape.

Natalie Portmans dress is way prettier.

What Girls Said 3

• Oh yeah...and fyi,the Natalie Portman dress was a vintage Dior,which eventually sold for $50,000.Hmmmm...somebody likes it.

• Hmmm...I disagree with Kristen Wiigs dress being even remotely part of Best Dressed.There is nothing spectacular about it and it looks "under dressed to me".Maybe even something I could pick up at Macys.I disagree with Natalie Portman as worst dressed.So what if it polka dot?Thats her style for the night!And I actually commend her for wearing something different than the other hum drum gowns...ahem* Kristen Wiig.And Cameron Diaz Dress?!? Nooooo...Looks like it's from JCPenny. -_-

• Gwyneth Paltrow and her dress is beautiful~