10 Reasons You Really Don't Need To Wear Makeup

Put down the powder and drop the lipstick, here are 10 reasons you ladies (and some guys) don't need to rock makeup! After all, fresh faced beauty is a rising trend!

1. Natural Beauty

Photo Source: yahoo.com

Embrace yourself and accept your flaws and all. Let your skin breathe!

2. Skin Health & Care

Photo Source: beautyhigh.com

A healthy face is more important than wearing the hottest shade of make up. Often makeup and those harsh chemicals can clog your pores and damage your skin if you use it excessively. Some makeup products can even cause acne or allergic reactions. Don't just cover your zits, pimples and dark spots. Fix them!

3. Confidence

Photo Source: momentsentwined.blogspot.ca

The best makeup someone can wear is her confidence! Confidence can give you a natural glow and can exude beauty more than any concealer, eye shadow, etc.

4. Stress

Photo Source: stylecraze.com

Constantly checking if lipstick is on your teeth or if your mascara is running is a hassle that nobody always wants to deal with.

5. Time

Photo Source: stylebistro.com

Found on myhoneysplace.com

Whether you are a beginner or a pro, makeup application and removal is a time commitment!

6. Money

Photo Source: icovetthee.com

Makeup is a financial investment! Quality products are usually a little pricey and the cheap stuff is full of chemicals. Consumers can spend hundreds of dollars a year on cosmetics.

7. Animal Cruelty

Photo Source: littleglassbottle.com

Nowadays, some products are labeled "No Animal Testing," but many still test on animals.

8. What Do Guys Think?

Photo Source: beautythroughimperfection.com

Musician, Drake said it BEST in his hit song, Best I Ever Had, "Sweat pants, hair tied, chillin' with no make-up on. That's when you're the prettiest , I hope that you don't take it wrong!"

9. Biggest Critic

Photo Source: beautyhigh.com

You are you're BIGGEST critic. Nobody criticizes and scrutinizes you as much as you do yourself!

10. Easy Breezy

Photo Source: bridalmusings.com

Wearing little to no makeup is realistic. If you currently wear a ton of makeup, slowly and gradually start wearing less! It's like weaning someone off caffeine or chocolate.

Whether you're an animal lover or you're gung ho about natural beauty, reconsider applying that concealer or bronzer the next time you want to wear makeup. At least now you know, makeup does not have to an everyday necessity! If you are an everyday makeup wearer, choose quality products that don't harm an animal to get you the right shade!

How often you you wear makeup? How much do you spend on makeup? Guys, what do you think about girls who do or don't wear makeup?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 10

• Never liked makeup, never will. Mascara is a scourge upon the human race. Concealer is cool, though.

• This is silly. Makeup fixes imperfections and makes you look better as a whole. Jenna Marbles had a good video about this.

• This shit is all wrong. Unless you're lindy west, where the only thing that could improve your appearance is an 80 mph collision with a tractor trailer, you need makeup and heels. High heels. Get those ballet flats and flip flops the fuck out of here.

• But the girl with nice make-up will attract more and potentialy better men. If going without make-up was so great then the models, movie stars, singers etc wouldn't wear it... But they do.

• Seriously. World was better place to live in before the introduction of makeup.

• Makeup was introduced by the ancient Egyptians. Just sayin.

• My point was that every bit of human development and civilization that makes life worth living came along after makeup.

• Oh my god, makeup is vital part of the life for girls XD heart-touching!

• I prefer natural beauty always have. I have also a radar that detects the face behind make up so don`t get fooled by it.

• I don't think women should be forced to wear makeup or be ridiculed because they don't.

However, a lot of women actually either enjoy or at least feel more comfortable wearing makeup. Makeup turns a "running on 4 hours of sleep" girl into one that looks warm and alive. Makeup turns a "holy shit where did that zit come from" girl into one that looks flawless. It can make many women feel more confident about their looks and more feminie. A lot of women strive for that, whether it's considered "wrong" and "outdated" or not. It also gives some women something to do and be proud of, like a hobby. I'm sure there aren't any women out there that dislike a "Wow! Your makeup looks absolutely perfect today! It looks like a cosmetologist did it!", complement.

Therefore, while you do make great points, you have to remember not every woman wants to stop wearing makeup, and that's okay.

• Wow, so none of those girls had any makeup on? Like, at all? I didn't know it was possible to look that perfect without it :P

• 10,9,5 had makeup

• It's not. I can almost guarantee you that every woman in those pictures has foundation on or the photo was touched up.

• Agreed. However it proves the point that natural looking is entirely possible :)

• i don't like makeup either. It exist for the SOLE purpose to make money

• I don't like makeup or lipstick. Natural beauty! I want a girl not a plastic blow up doll.

What Girls Said 34

• I'll never understand why certain things bother people, so much. Why do other people concern themselves with if someone wears makeup or not, isn't it up to me to do what feels best to me? I mean, I've never wore foundation a day in my life. Only because, I break out easy and don't want to take that risk. So, when I do wear it I only wear mascara, blush, concealer and a lip gloss. I don't consider that to be a lot. I use to wear eye shadow all the time, now I only do it sometime. Even with that though, it's still not a lot. I do wear concealer, but that's only because of all the breakouts I have on my face and neck. I don't feel very good about myself seeing my face with all the breakouts, so the concealer helps cover all of them up for awhile and I feel better when they are. I think I still look like myself makeup or no makeup.

I don't see a big deal in wearing or not wearing makeup, it's choice one has to make for themselves.

• I usually don't wear make up, because I think I look better without it and I am self confident.

I only wear a little bit on special occasions (powder+lipstick)

• Make up or no make up... I still need a little bit to brighten up my mood when i can manage to look 10% better!

Excellent MyTake, I agree with all the reasons.

• I don't wear make up every day but if I am going to a social function, especially if photographs will be taken, I feel it's more appropriate to wear it.

• But makeup makes me happy! :)

• This is all a lie I NEED my make-up!!!

• i m with her

• exactly, we dont live in caves anymore... at this point in our civilization, ill even go as far as to say its having a bit of decency. yah no one wants to be seen with a rats nest cave woman.

lips stick on teeth? i mean cmon, is that a reason not to wear lipstick? lol its not common

• I like my nudes and pinks, no lipstick on my teeth please lol, I got big lips it guards them. :)

• I don't wear make up, I've never spent money on such things.

• I don't wear makeup on a daily basis cuz I'm lazy. But most of these women you posted were wearing at least a little makeup.

It should be up to the girl whether or not she wants to wear makeup though.
    I choose no, mainly cuz of laziness and the animal cruelty.

• Interesting paradox, you say people should "wear" confidence instead of makeup, however many women who wear makeup wear it to gain confidence.

• I used to wear eyeliner and cake on foundation on a daily basis when I were in school, but now I only put on a little bit of eyeliner and lipstick on special occasions which is around 2 or 3 times a month. I NEVER wear makeup anymore, because I don't need it. I have bad acne, so foundation won't help that... And luckily for me, I have naturally VERY long eyelashes so mascara isn't needed. And my lips are also naturally dark pink so it constantly looks like I have lipstick on anyway. I guess I'm just lucky, a little bit... But still, if I want to wear make-up or not it's my business and nobody elses. Obviously I don't want to look like a tragic clown, but wearing make-up won't make me ugly and certainly doesn't make me a bad person. I'll be pretty with or without it.

• Whatever, I don't wear makeup because I want people to notice me, or because I'm un-confident (because I'm a confident person)... I wear it because I like it, it's fun to put on, and I love experimenting. Guys whine and complain because they can't tell the difference between girls who wear makeup, and those who don't.

Wearing makeup is a form of expression, like how you dress, are you going to make another Take on what clothes we should wear?

• I see great minds think alike. I always drop that line from Best I Ever Had by Drake when trying to convince girls on here to go natural.

And you did a great job and I couldn't agree more. I don't wear makeup and I'm not planning on starting anytime soon.

• Makeup is always more fun to put on then it is to wear, I think. I love my black eyeliner and mascara. They make my eyes pop.

• But what if I feel pretty with make up and make up is the thing that really gives me my confidence?

• You do realize that there's not a picture you posted in which a girl isn't wearing makeup? Lol

Eh, I think makeup is a personal choice.

• I always wear makeup. I can't help it.

• I just wear lipstick and that's it. I don't have time to apply all that other stuff. There's other girls at my school that cake it on there faces I don't do that stuff, I just put on lipstick and I'm done.

• I don't wear make-up everyday but when I do I usually only use mascara, liner, shadow, and maybe lipstick. I always buy products that aren't tested on animals and are inexpensive. I never saw the purpose in spending $25 on a tube of mascara and caking layers of cover-up and concealers on my face.

• Different colors of eyeliner and mascara can be a fun way to play with my daily look. I feel fine wearing it or not wearing it. It's a personal choice for anyone whether to wear or not to wear makeup.

• More from Girls
    14