10 Reasons You Really Don't Need To Wear Makeup

Put down the powder and drop the lipstick, here are 10 reasons you ladies (and some guys) don't need to rock makeup! After all, fresh faced beauty is a rising trend!

1. Natural Beauty

Photo Source: yahoo.com

Embrace yourself and accept your flaws and all. Let your skin breathe!

2. Skin Health & Care

Photo Source: beautyhigh.com

A healthy face is more important than wearing the hottest shade of make up. Often makeup and those harsh chemicals can clog your pores and damage your skin if you use it excessively. Some makeup products can even cause acne or allergic reactions. Don't just cover your zits, pimples and dark spots. Fix them!

3. Confidence

Photo Source: momentsentwined.blogspot.ca

The best makeup someone can wear is her confidence! Confidence can give you a natural glow and can exude beauty more than any concealer, eye shadow, etc.

4. Stress

Photo Source: stylecraze.com

Constantly checking if lipstick is on your teeth or if your mascara is running is a hassle that nobody always wants to deal with.

5. Time

Photo Source: stylebistro.com

Found on myhoneysplace.com

Whether you are a beginner or a pro, makeup application and removal is a time commitment!

6. Money

Photo Source: icovetthee.com

Makeup is a financial investment! Quality products are usually a little pricey and the cheap stuff is full of chemicals. Consumers can spend hundreds of dollars a year on cosmetics.

7. Animal Cruelty

Photo Source: littleglassbottle.com

Nowadays, some products are labeled "No Animal Testing," but many still test on animals.

8. What Do Guys Think?

Photo Source: beautythroughimperfection.com

Musician, Drake said it BEST in his hit song, Best I Ever Had, "Sweat pants, hair tied, chillin' with no make-up on. That's when you're the prettiest , I hope that you don't take it wrong!"

9. Biggest Critic

Photo Source: beautyhigh.com

You are you're BIGGEST critic. Nobody criticizes and scrutinizes you as much as you do yourself!

10. Easy Breezy

Photo Source: bridalmusings.com

Wearing little to no makeup is realistic. If you currently wear a ton of makeup, slowly and gradually start wearing less! It's like weaning someone off caffeine or chocolate.

Whether you're an animal lover or you're gung ho about natural beauty, reconsider applying that concealer or bronzer the next time you want to wear makeup. At least now you know, makeup does not have to an everyday necessity! If you are an everyday makeup wearer, choose quality products that don't harm an animal to get you the right shade!

How often you you wear makeup? How much do you spend on makeup? Guys, what do you think about girls who do or don't wear makeup?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit
Sponsored

What Guys Said 10

• I don't think women should be forced to wear makeup or be ridiculed because they don't.

However, a lot of women actually either enjoy or at least feel more comfortable wearing makeup. Makeup turns a "running on 4 hours of sleep" girl into one that looks warm and alive. Makeup turns a "holy shit where did that zit come from" girl into one that looks flawless. It can make many women feel more confident about their looks and more feminie. A lot of women strive for that, whether it's considered "wrong" and "outdated" or not. It also gives some women something to do and be proud of, like a hobby. I'm sure there aren't any women out there that dislike a "Wow! Your makeup looks absolutely perfect today! It looks like a cosmetologist did it!", complement.

Therefore, while you do make great points, you have to remember not every woman wants to stop wearing makeup, and that's okay.

• I prefer natural beauty always have. I have also a radar that detects the face behind make up so don`t get fooled by it.

• But the girl with nice make-up will attract more and potentialy better men. If going without make-up was so great then the models, movie stars, singers etc wouldn't wear it... But they do.

• Seriously. World was better place to live in before the introduction of makeup.

• Makeup was introduced by the ancient Egyptians. Just sayin.

• My point was that every bit of human development and civilization that makes life worth living came along after makeup.

• Oh my god, makeup is vital part of the life for girls XD heart-touching!

• This shit is all wrong. Unless you're lindy west, where the only thing that could improve your appearance is an 80 mph collision with a tractor trailer, you need makeup and heels. High heels. Get those ballet flats and flip flops the fuck out of here.

• Wow, so none of those girls had any makeup on? Like, at all? I didn't know it was possible to look that perfect without it :P

• 10,9,5 had makeup

• It's not. I can almost guarantee you that every woman in those pictures has foundation on or the photo was touched up.

• Agreed. However it proves the point that natural looking is entirely possible :)

• This is silly. Makeup fixes imperfections and makes you look better as a whole. Jenna Marbles had a good video about this.

• Never liked makeup, never will. Mascara is a scourge upon the human race. Concealer is cool, though.

• I don't like makeup or lipstick. Natural beauty! I want a girl not a plastic blow up doll.

• i don't like makeup either. It exist for the SOLE purpose to make money

What Girls Said 34

• It's kinda funny how in EVERY picture you used, the girl was wearing makeup. But my take on the subject is, if someone wants to wear makeup, let them be. If they don't, let them be. It's the holier than thou attitude that's got to go; girls who think they're better cause they wear makeup and those who think they're better cause they don't wear makeup (it's usually the latter).

• People are seriously gullible if they think those women aren't wearing makeup or that the picture wasn't altered. Seriously makeup in moderation is great. When you use it to enhance your natural beauty it can increase confidence. As long as you're not trying to alter your facial features or wear fake eyelashes on a daily basis then I think makeup is fine. But this whole "no makeup" campaign is ridiculous.

• I agree, they are wearing professionally applied majeup. It is possible to achieve this though.

• I'll never understand why certain things bother people, so much. Why do other people concern themselves with if someone wears makeup or not, isn't it up to me to do what feels best to me? I mean, I've never wore foundation a day in my life. Only because, I break out easy and don't want to take that risk. So, when I do wear it I only wear mascara, blush, concealer and a lip gloss. I don't consider that to be a lot. I use to wear eye shadow all the time, now I only do it sometime. Even with that though, it's still not a lot. I do wear concealer, but that's only because of all the breakouts I have on my face and neck. I don't feel very good about myself seeing my face with all the breakouts, so the concealer helps cover all of them up for awhile and I feel better when they are. I think I still look like myself makeup or no makeup.

I don't see a big deal in wearing or not wearing makeup, it's choice one has to make for themselves.

• Okay. I don't NEED to wear it. I've never felt it was essential to my life but I still WANT to wear it and will continue wearing it.

I don't know why people have a problem with girls who wear makeup. Who cares what I put on my face?

• Uh, anyone who assesses whether you are attractive when they look at you.

• A man has got to be really stupid if he can't tell I'm wearing makeup.

My eyelids aren't naturally gold, I wasn't born with black lines around my eyes and bright colored lips.

• Don't blame me for a man's stupidity.

Also, I'm not some professional makeup artist who can transform my entire face with contouring. I just cover up my scars and enhance my eyes and lips. Shame on me.

• I don't wear makeup on a daily basis cuz I'm lazy. But most of these women you posted were wearing at least a little makeup.

It should be up to the girl whether or not she wants to wear makeup though.
    I choose no, mainly cuz of laziness and the animal cruelty.

• Whatever, I don't wear makeup because I want people to notice me, or because I'm un-confident (because I'm a confident person)... I wear it because I like it, it's fun to put on, and I love experimenting. Guys whine and complain because they can't tell the difference between girls who wear makeup, and those who don't.

Wearing makeup is a form of expression, like how you dress, are you going to make another Take on what clothes we should wear?

• I see great minds think alike. I always drop that line from Best I Ever Had by Drake when trying to convince girls on here to go natural.

And you did a great job and I couldn't agree more. I don't wear makeup and I'm not planning on starting anytime soon.

• 1 & 2. Not everyone has a clear skin without makeup. If I have a pimple and can't conceal it, then I don't feel confident for the whole day.
    3. You can have confidence with makeup
    4. I've never felt this problem. I only put on makeup one time a day and never look at it again.
    5. Meh, it takes me like 7 minutes to do my makeup
    6. I have to say this really is a problem
    7. I don't really think testing makeup is that bad for animals. I probably get a lot of haters for this.
    8. A lot of guys told me they actually look better with a littke bit of makeup
    9. Ofcourse, but that counts for everything.
    10. I don't understand what you mean.

• #7, yeah it is REALLY bad for animals. Google it, it is heartbreaking and the reason the companies don't want it known.

But...

Companies are jumping on the Cruelty Free/not tested in animals bandwagon now, so hopefully the practice will stop altogether :)

• @becca123
      That would be great. I though most animals would only get a rash or something from testing makeup. I didn't know it was really that bad

• I used to wear eyeliner and cake on foundation on a daily basis when I were in school, but now I only put on a little bit of eyeliner and lipstick on special occasions which is around 2 or 3 times a month. I NEVER wear makeup anymore, because I don't need it. I have bad acne, so foundation won't help that... And luckily for me, I have naturally VERY long eyelashes so mascara isn't needed. And my lips are also naturally dark pink so it constantly looks like I have lipstick on anyway. I guess I'm just lucky, a little bit... But still, if I want to wear make-up or not it's my business and nobody elses. Obviously I don't want to look like a tragic clown, but wearing make-up won't make me ugly and certainly doesn't make me a bad person. I'll be pretty with or without it.

• I don't wear make up. I dislike putting it on, and taking it off. I dislike worrying about touching my face, smearing and such, I dislike knowing that I do not really look like a goddess unless paint that goddess face on. Mostly makeup feel terrible on my skin and eyes. It itches burns and feels over all cakey. About the only thing I do anymore is fill in my brows. I may, or may not put on a lip color or mascara.. other than that I highly dislike make up. I'm not bashing people who wear it, but my PERSONAL opinion is not to prance around with a face that isn't mine.

• Im just going to leave this here.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_44Tb9Ggkqg&t=20

• Different colors of eyeliner and mascara can be a fun way to play with my daily look. I feel fine wearing it or not wearing it. It's a personal choice for anyone whether to wear or not to wear makeup.

• But makeup makes me happy! :)

• But what if I feel pretty with make up and make up is the thing that really gives me my confidence?

• Nobody needs it but we can wear it if we want. I only wear it occasionally and its not excessive.

• Make up or no make up... I still need a little bit to brighten up my mood when i can manage to look 10% better!

• I don't wear make up every day but if I am going to a social function, especially if photographs will be taken, I feel it's more appropriate to wear it.

• Makeup is always more fun to put on then it is to wear, I think. I love my black eyeliner and mascara. They make my eyes pop.

• You do realize that there's not a picture you posted in which a girl isn't wearing makeup? Lol

Eh, I think makeup is a personal choice.

• I just wear lipstick and that's it. I don't have time to apply all that other stuff. There's other girls at my school that cake it on there faces I don't do that stuff, I just put on lipstick and I'm done.

• More from Girls
    14