Guys With Beards: Hot or Not?

Guys With Beards: Hot or Not?Men with beards have always been a symbol of masculinity. Now beards have become a trend. In the recent years beards have become “hip” and “cool.” Picture a typical hipster dude. He's probably wearing pants that are rolled up just above his ankles, a flannel, thick glasses and... a well groomed beard!

That's it! The reason beards have started to become attractive is because men take care of them. An out of control beard is not attractive.

Exhibit A: Out of Control Beard

Exhibit B: Well groomed beard

Verdict: Hot. Beards can be hot as long as they are well taken care of. You can be the hottest man in the world (i.e. Brad Pitt), but if you have an out of control beard I am instantly turned off.

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 27

• Why is a girl asking guys if beards are hot?

• So that's the trend now? I don't follow trends. Makes me sick. But I've always gone back and forth from growing one in five days and in 2 or 3 weeks shave clean. I keep them seeing a different look. I also hate trimming so if my beard is sometimes rough looking, it means I'm not in flirt-mode & I don't want to hear it! I'm good looking enough.

• I have sported a beard all my adult life. It has been long and it has been short. Now it changes with the season. Since my beard turned grey I love letting it grow long for the Christmas season. I love hearing children tell their parents look there is the real Santa. A quick ho ho ho to the little ones makes their day and helps mom and dad keep them calmed down while doing Holiday shopping.
    An the Lady's love my soft well groomed beard.

• Yeah I Like Beard, It's nice but not that long ones, the well groomed ones.
    My Verdict: Exibit 3

• I have a beard/mustache and love it. Personally my opinion is, if you don't have a beard/mustache your going for the pretty boy look which I absolutely hate. Also nowadays if you have a well groomed/trimmed down beard your also considered a pretty boy. Beards used to be a rebel thing or a big manly thing. Mustaches are a manly thing. I will say one thing tho, a full on mountain man beard only works for some. For most, having a full mountain man beard trimmed nicely looks a lot better. But the whole beard thing depends on the person and how his beard looks and grows. I've been told mine looks like pubic hair but I love the chin part to be long. I shave the neck and sides tho and have a mustache that is trimmmed down.

Also, the beard look depends on how confident a guy is with it. If a guy isn't too confident rocking the beard then no matter what he won't look good with it.

• 2 guys that look better with a beard/mustache than without are Leonardo Decaprio and Matthew Mcconaughey. The beard/mustache just makes you look older and more manly instead of looking young and like a little boy.

• I get complaments on my beard all the time

• With All Due Respect, I think that there is a name for a person without a beard ===> a woman

• When I was a boy I always told myself id never shave my facial hair. Im sure girls love a nice trimmed up beard, but Im afirm believer in letting your hair grow naturally unless it causes you discomfort. The way it grows is the way it was intended to grow.

• The moustache, is indispensable for the turks. God willing, again in the future, the turks will be the sole judge of the world.
    is the coolest guy Burak Özçivit:
    please link together.
    https:// s-media-cache- ak0. pinimg. com/736x/5f/d7/f6/5fd7f6258c6a5a02a743e8d1b5b6cfd9. jpg

• Again? When was the first time dude? Controlling a small port of the Middle East and Africa does not make you judge of the world, sorry. And this guy... not cool.

As for beards, totally gay (see exhibit B). It's sad that many girls go for the gay looks and then cry when they catch their man sucking d****. I grow a goatee just cause I'm too lazy to shave it all off. Sometimes I don't shave for days out of lazyness and I have to shave in the middle of the night just so I can sleep cause it itches like hell. All that meticulously modifying one's appearance is what women and gay guys do!

• iamjove is spot on.

• I think its also got to do with the fact that suddenly long beard, almost "Maulana-like" or Amish-like beard has become "a la mode" amongst the younger people. To the extent that it is without a moustache.

• 0|1
  • I think heavy stubble (short beard about 1cm) makes most guys look more attractive.

I get far more looks from girls with a ten day beard.

• It does help to hide the underbite and the double chin. Maybe that's why some girls keep their clams hairy. Better to smell bad than know you've been rode hard and put away wet with high mileage

• I'm sure it does. But I don't have underbite or a double chin. I think women find it more attractive as it shows masculinity and maturity.

As for your "clam" thing, I don't think women do it because of that. I could never tell if a girl had been "rode hard and put away wet with high mileage". I think the just don't want to bother shaving or they feel more comfortable that way.

• I have noticed that I get a lot more attention from girls with a beard, than without it. I think the movie industry which was mostly ran by men, think things that look more feminine are always more attractive. Because of that they don't like masculine traits such as beards, in movies. For that reason I believe beards fell out of fashion for a while.

I know lots of women that claimed they hated beards, until their man insisted on growing one. Now these women won't let their husbands shave. The media really does effect what we find attractive to some extent, but our natural instincts are still there. Women are designed to be attracted to masculine traits, such as beards.

• I'm in middle-ground (man with 5 O' Clock)

• I find the modern, ultra-trimmed and sculpted beards to be... meh. I either shave or grow a full beard. There is no middle ground for me. Every man should grow his beard out untrimmed for a minimum of six months at least once in his life to experience it. I miss having my beard fly around in the wind. It kept my face warm in the winter, and cool in the summer.

writebrained.blog.com/files/2013/02/hemingway1.jpg

10rant.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/Jeb.jpg

upload.wikimedia.org/.../...es_Darwin_Standing.jpg

i2.walesonline.co.uk/.../brian-blessed.jpg

dirtybourbonrivershow.files.wordpress.com/.../whitman_sm.jpg

kssunews.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/zz-top.jpeg

www.quotesdump.com/.../Beards-Quotes-8.jpg

• To the woman who downvoted me-- I make no apologies for being a man who embraces his masculine traits. I guess that's a crime in today's feminized society.

• Good thing I finally learned how to use those electric razor accessories. Now I can trim the beard more.

• I don't have a full beard but I have e 5'oclock shadow. I feel like the beard thing is just a trend. I don't think most women actually think full beards like that are hot.

• It's only a "trend" if you do it because you think it makes you look "cool" to other people. When I grow my beard out, I do it because I like the look/feel of having a huge, bushy beard. My fiancee doesn't mind it, which is a plus.

• No I'm talking about women who think it's hot lol

• What do you like me better in?

• I think it depends on the guy and depends on if he trims it well or not.

• Bitches love them facial pubies fow show.

• More from Guys
    7

What Girls Said 44

• Always hotter than the ones without.
    I'd go for Brad there - IF he didn't have that hat on. xD

• HOT! HOT! HOT! Exhibit B for sureee!! :)

• I think it depends on the guy's facial shape too. Some guys just look better when they shave because they have such prominent and sexy features that would disappear in a beard.
    If a guy has a beard, I prefer the well-groomed and shorter look. I don't like it when it's too long and bushy (even if it's groomed). Just reminds me of some 70 year old dude... not a good look on a young guy.

• Definitely hot - but depends on the guy

• Do you always go around saying "Depends on (someone)"

• @DaveyYourFavey - Er no. But it does depend on the guys. Some look good in a beard others don't. So yes it depends on what type of facial structure etc they have

• Sorry, I've just seen you do it a lot.
      Most recently on my question where all you said was:
      "Depends on the girl."

• I loove beards! But they have to suit the guy!
    Some guys of course look better without though!

• My favorite take <3

• totally agree with this! out of control is a no no. Well groomed... now thats something to talk about. its hot

• It's hot <333

• -sigh- Beards are a godsend.

• Personally I have always been attracted to beards. I like em all. If you really want a beard to drool over , google Tom Hardy.

• Personally I don't really like beards, because they are itchy as hell.. but I know plenty of women who are attracted to facial hair.
    I do like exhibit B more though, because for me it shows that a guy takes care of himself, and I find that attractive.

• i always try to grow mine out but i can't stand the itchiness long enough to do it

• Please ladies learn from this!!! You need to recognise your sideburns and mustache also. Wax or laser. Bleach doesn't fool anyone. I'd prefer hairy legs pussy and armpits over having to guess if you're a dude poodle or old indian woman

• guys with beards are hot!
    exhibit A is a little too much for me, though.

• Don't wanna kiss a hairy face but some people look better with it.

• Neither of those. I would rather him have a 5 o'clock shadow.

• Men with strong jaws look better without beards.

• I hate beards

• A trimmed clean-cut beard is nice. A sloppy long one isn't.

• I like stubble and a little bit of beard is hot. Not a lot!

• I don't like beards. I have always found them less attractive. Five o'clock shadows are fine but beards are just a bit much. When I see the Duck Dynasty kind, I can't help but feel that the men are competing with each other for the longest, thickest beard. However, longer hair on a man is often very sexy!

• Yes I like it a lot! Maybe because they look manly :)

• More from Girls
    24