Fashionable Styles for the Gents

I thought since women have so much advice and "mytakes" on what to wear for each occasion from dates to hanging out at the beach. I'd write something for the guys. Here are some great looks you can find that will surely get you noticed by the ladies but more importantly you'll feel better about yourself.

Style Number 1: Simple and Casual

When getting into the "simple/casual" styles a lot of guys seem to automatically think baggy clothing and sweatpants. We're still aiming to be comfortable, but the outfit still has to fit, that is extremely important. Here are some looks that fit this genre:

Fashionable Styles for the Gents

Every guy should at least have one pair of dark wash jeans (It can be black too)

Denim Jackets are in so I suggest you get one.

Desert Boots will be your best friend.

Style Number Two: Trendy

A lot of guys forget that accessories can make an outfit. From watches, scarves, belts, ties, shoes/boots and proper layering using sweaters and jackets it can all make or break an outfit. Here are some great examples of great trendy outfits:

Style Number Three: Business Casual

This seems self-explanatory, there is a lot of variety for men especially in formal clothing and business attire. Quick tip: The color of your shoes should match your belt. Without further ado, here are some examples:

That's it boys!!

A lot of guys think that if they dress well it's a threat to their sexuality but in reality it has no correlation. You don't need to wear bright or flamboyant colors to be fashionable. At the end of the day it's all about feeling good.

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Girls Said 20

• i prefer when guys dress the casual way

• i like that business casual... on an alpha... like the one who struts around in front of me and orders me to serve tea ♡\(//∇//)\

• Are you typically submissive?

• From that description, I'd say you are lol
      So you see yourself as dominant?

• sometimes yes i want to do things

• I really like your ideas for men especially the leather jacket, the white shirts (omg they always look good with a leather jacket) also the business casual look is very nice. They always make guys look good, fresh, smart and clean.

But I have some issues: Please no white sneakers or denim stuff above the waist. Really hate that. Also rolling up your pants is really really really terrible (like the hot guy sitting down, whose look is totally ruined by that).

• Why don't men just wear black shirts and jeans that fit, not those tight pants that look ridiculous in those pictures or the ones that are way too big. Just normal fitting jeans and a damn shirt, that's literally all you need, no matter what it looks good lol

• Great pics! Definitely what I would chose for my bf to wear. Too bad he doesn't share our taste :,(

• Lol you could buy him little things over time and before you know it he's changed haha

• Haha you can't start him off with a scarf lol
      Try shoes or shirts first xD

• Don't think I never went shopping with him. He said no to everything I suggested. I said no to everything he tried on. The only thing I showed him that he liked turned out to be Timberlands for women xD

• I like guys who wear suits and dress shirts all the time. They look like they have money.

But I'm not a gold digger because my parents have money too

• Lol. that literally makes no sense. Gold diggers are often rich girls who come from rich families and are looking for a rich husband to take over supporting them when their parents no longer will. You can be the Princess Gold Digger or the Pauper Gold Digger.

• It doesn't, but no one was calling you a gold digger, you mentioned it preemptively. You were defending a from a slight that was imagined on your part. Look at your down votes, your preemptive self defense was not expressed clearly and did more harm than good.

It's almost as if you had said:

but i'm not racist because my cousin is black.

See? You just didn't express yourself well.

• Lol who cares?

• The guy in the leather jacket and chucks has a horrible hair cut that makes him look like a tool, so don't do that lol, and no man should ever penny roll the bottom of their jeans. That is a female only thing or maybe a small child

• Well as far as the hair goes, this wasn't the point lol
      For the "penny roll" times are different now, a lot of guys do that with their jeans

• Just because they do, doesn't mean they should

• Simple and casual is best!

• For your age range, yes I agree.

• Awesome Take! Appearance (Style, Hygiene, Grooming) are everything ;-)

• Love men's fashion! :) nice take :)
    Peace
    Margaret

• I love most! A couple are too tight though.

• Which one, if you mind me asking lol

• I agree with 12, I was mainly picking it for the beanie and jacket.
      As for 13, the same rule doesn't apply since they're chinos (not dress pants or jeans) and those tend to be slim fit.

• But they are too tight, so I wouldn't like if a guy wore them.

• Omg i loved every style in these pictures you got great taste!

• Love them all ❤

• while the guys do look nice, there isn't much variety here.

• also, they all have the exact same body type.

• my first statement was about the clothing. they look great, but it's all the same.

• Well I did put up three main categories so it makes sense that it would typically follow a similar code.
      Do you have a type you like outside of those? Maybe I missed something.

• I like very few of these on guys. The suit is one that I like. I do not like skinny jeans on guys at all.

• Well the beginning were geared towards the younger population lol so I understand why you'd like the suit. As for skinny jeans, none of them had any. Those are just slim jeans.

• @hypno-trip

• just that I don't have to worry too much

• Love them all! ❤❤
    I love it when a guy tries to dress nicely.

• Mmmmm sexy take👅💦

• Haha something tells me you like the last 2 pictures a lot more :P

• Yes! :D
      And also the second one 😋👌

• Lol control your thirst my friend haha

• NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO guy's down here dress like that camo and boots.

• Lol are you saying you like the camo and boots or you'd wish they'd dress like this?

• Everyone down here is ratchet or busted or too red neck.

• What a lovely sight :P
      Some guys grow out of it when they get older haha
      If not, maybe go out of state for college lol

• Questioning what happened to sweats & a teeshirt, but if you feel good in a outfit like that than do it, because confident men are very attractive.

• Since when are sweatpants considered fashionable lol

• Dude, sweatpants are hot. I don't know about you but they are to me man

• I can imagine many guys finding this helpful

What Guys Said 18

• These are some good suggestions. Thanks!

• Noe slap those outfits on some dudes who have non styled hair and take pictures!

• Thanks I suck at fashion but I don't like wearing basket ball shoes lol.

• Lol I don't wear them either, I prefer the desert boots I showed

• the first black man looks so funny.

• I don't really see it, how?

• I give the fist back man 1 out 10.
      the last black man 2 out 10.

• Because they're black? Racist much.

• Finally , a take that i liked !

• Buissness casual? Those two words should never be in the same sentence.

• It's funny... I dress like this and fat ass haters beta boys are always giving bad looks. Lol

• Very very very good take. You have perfect sense of fashion. Where can I buy these clothing? (I can't buy luxury brand clothing but other than that I can).
    Thanks ^_^

• Honestly, I hate the skinny jeans in every single one of them.

Boot cut are the way to go. But I usually try to go for the business casual look, it's the most classy

• My out of style is coming back.

• Lol what's your out of style?

• Whatever I have me closet, thats clean, and fits.

• The thing is most young guys lack the funds to buy these clothes that all look like they are incredibly expensive. I love the second business casual picture. I'd love to know what suit that is.

• I've actually found some very similar styles for a way cheaper price. You just have to know the right sites and shop the sales occasionally.

As for the suit, it's just a charcoal suit.
      Check out this site for suits: https://combatgent.com/

Their suits are 100% Italian wool and around 200 dollars because they have their flock of sheep for material and they cut out the middle man. I bought a navy suit last Christmas and I'm still amazed that something that good cost so little.

• Nice! I might have to bookmark that site. I used to know another site that had business, business-casual, and trending clothing but I can't remember what it is. If I remember I'll try to remember to post it.

• It's definitely worth saving lol I have a formal coming up for my frat and I'm getting a tux from them.
      I'm getting this one: combatgent.com/.../midnight-blue-slim-fit-shawl-collar-tuxedo

Yeah If you remember, I'd love to see it! Never a bad thing knowing more cool places to show lol

• Last ones are how I dress every day it gets boring I sometimes I go into work dressed like a cowboy because that's how I act like to dress it fits me most

• Second to last picture is my preferred look.

Guys, if you want a shirt to look like that (without billowing at the waist), search on Amazon for shirt stays. Personally I prefer the stirrup style so you only have to clip the shirt.

If for some reason you gotta drop your pants, they look kinky too.

• Oh never thought about that, thanks for mentioning it!

• My question is where can I find clothes like this

• Excellent take man... gotta look fresh!

• Haha, I fall in the Trendy/Business Casual camp. Good take.

• Ewwwwww my boots are trendy guess ima throw em away but I like the last one just instead of a white shirt Ill get a black one always wanted one and without a tie

• I didn't really care about the boots in the trendy section haha it was more about the sweater/jackets.

Yeah the black shirt would work but it's more for a night out, especially if there isn't a tie.

• Haha, casual and simple looks like what I would wear to a job interview or a wedding!

• Haha nothing better than jeans to a wedding and interview xD