Here are a few ways to lighten your hair without damaging it with chemical hair dye.
1. For the first remedy you will need raw honey, water, cinnamon powder, and olive oil.
The cinnamon and olive oil act as natural hydrogen peroxide blisters, giving you a better lightening treatement. Since this recipe has olive and water, everything will not mix nicely, but that's okay because what matters is that it will help you achieve the result you want. Let the mixture sit for about an hour before you applying it to your hair so that it will develop a good amount of hydrogen peroxide.
2. Another way to lighten your hair is to have some chamomille tea bags, lemon, honey, and coconut oil.
Boil the chamomille tea bags in a pan of water. Squeeze your lemon and add the juice to the boiling pan of water. Last ingredient, drop two tablespoons of coconut oil. Put the mixture in an empty spray bottle for an easy application.
3. Lemon acts as a natural bleach.
Simply squeeze some lemon in your hair and sit in for about 30 minutes in the sun. This process might be drying but it's worth to try.
4. Coffee works well on brunette hair.
Make a pot of extra strong coffee. Let it cool, and add either chamomille, blueberry or cherry tea. Use it as a rinse while showering. This won't really lighten your overall color, but will brighten your highlights.
5. If you want to nourish as well as lighten your hair, this next recipe is great for you.
The ingredients you will need are, raw honey, banana, and olive oil. I suggest mixing it in a blender rather than by hand, for a better consistency. Let it sit for 10 to 15 minutes before applying it to your hair.
6. For redheads that want to lighten their hair; use beet juice, carrot juice, and cherry tea.
Notice that all these ingredients have a red tint in them that will reflect on your hair. This is a good hair rinse to use in the shower.
7. The next remedy is great to pull off any shade of light hair.
Boil marigold flowers along with apple cider vinegar. Strain out the flowers and put the liquids in a spray bottle. For better results, sit in the sun.
8. Here is a less natural home remedy that helps achieve fast results.
For this home remedy you will need: baking soda, hydrogen peroxide, and honey. For a good application, use a hair dye brush. Wrap your hair in aluminum foil and let the mixture sit in your hair for at least 30 minutes. You might notice an instante color difference!
9. Lastly, this is one of the most simple home remedies.
Add honey and cinnamon to your conditioner. You could either sleep with it and wash it off the next morning or use it just like plain conditioner in the shower.