Lane Bryant Vs. Victoria's Secret: ImNoAngel Is Bigger & Better

Lane Bryant Vs. Victoria's Secret: #ImNoAngel Is Bigger & Better

Photo Source: Lane Bryant

I previously introduced you to Ashley Graham when I wrote about her becoming the FIRST plus-size model to be featured in the iconic Sports Illustrated - Swimsuit Issue. Now, she along with models: Marquita Pring, Candice Huffine, Victoria Lee, Justine Legault, and Elly Mayday have all stripped down to their bras and panties to declare that "sexy" has multiple defintions and that they are "no angels" in the new Lane Bryant ImNoAngel campaign video for the lingerie line Cacique.

The brand states that "The Lane Bryant ImNoAngel initiative celebrates women of all shapes and sizes by redefining society's traditional notion of sexy with a powerful core message: ALL women are sexy."

The ImNoAngel campaign is not only challenging conventional beauty standards but also calling out Victoria's Secret and their infamous angels!

Watch Ashley Graham and friends as they turn heads in the 30 second Lane Bryant ImNoAngel commercial below!

With all of the social media buzz onlline surrounding the ImNoAngel campaign, how do you define sexy? Both women with and without curves can be sexy - what is important is how you work with what you got, CONFIDENCE!

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit
Sponsored

What Guys Said 44

• Curvy =/= fat.
    I'm getting highly pissed off when fat girls say that I'm curvy so curvy lovers would find me sexy but the reality is that only BBW lovers would find you sexy.
    One more thing they introduced 'fat shaming'. I don't shame anybody, I don't even have time to shame anyone and what would I get out of it. But girls should realise that being fit is one's own responsibility even if it's a boy or girl.

I don't like anorexic girls. I like skinny and curvy both (basically they're fit), I don't like fat girls either. Muscular, out of question.

This is not confidence, this is hypocrisy.
    http://i.imgur.com/0WYHdv0m.jpg

• I'm getting highly pissed off when people say they don't fat shame or like fit girls but clearly state fat girls, muscular girls, or slightly overweight girls aren't beautiful. It's fine that you have a preference but it's kind of ignorant to say you will not date a girl who isn't curvy or skinny.

• @gray_sailor - okay I'd need your help in writing a myTake. Can I PM you in near future?

• I'd be open to seeing what you have to say.

• My question to women: what do I do If I'm just not attracted to them?

No, I don't insult them, I don't ridicule them, I don't mistreat them. I can be friendly, I can be very friendly even... but I'm just not attracted. What is the female response to this? Am I bad? Should I change? Or what? Because I don't get the point behind these campaigns.

• They may not be attractive to you but they will be attractive to other people. This campaign isn't supposed to force you to change, it's just about acceptance and encouraging people with bodies that don't fit in with the hollywood/model norm, to love themselves.

• Sorry, wasn't finished

Those ImNoAngel girls are slightly chubby, but they still have that curvy figure. And you're saying you'd prefer an anorexic girl over someone like Ashley Graham, just because she has a little extra fat on her tummy?

So when there's a little extra fat, you'd prefer to abandon curvy and go for very petite and underweight?

• @DaveyYourFavey don't get me wrong. "Abandon curvy" was not my intention. More like - if I'm in a situation where I have the chance to choose between an anorexic girl and a ImNoAngel girl, I'd choose the anorexic one, but in any other situation, the ImNoAngel girl would be a pretty good choice.

• I think it's great to have models that aren't all skinny, as long as they aren't overweight, I'm ok with it. Just like I'm not for underweight models, I'm not in favor of overweight models either.
    We can't say ALL women are sexy, because that is like saying "Hey, you can starve yourself/be obese if you want, you'll still be sexy". Sexy is a woman that's healthy, she may be skinny, or chubby, but still healthy. That's sexy for me.

• I hate that this has to be a thing.
    that a brand has to be set up in order to allow peeps of all sizes to feel sexy just being themselves... and not in the ever changing public opinion of "attractive"

if you feel sexy
    and you're not damaging your health.

Then you're perfect!

• Those women aren't curvy, they're fat.
    I'm all for accepting your body, but not if you simultaneously put down other body types.

• ok most of them do not have a stomach, that is what constitutes whether a woman is fat or not, big ass, breasts or thighs do not matter so if there is no stomach they arr not fat!

• @belleza2

I agree. 1-2 of those women are not fat.

• I'm not one to body shame but I think some girls who really are fat tend to hide behind the word curvy. Happens a lot on dating sites. Same with fat women hiding behind average.

Again, not body shaming but I hate when I'll talk to a girl on a dating site that hides their weight, says they're average/curvy, and then are much fatter in person. If I had a dollar for every time that happened, I'd be a millionaire. Just saying that if you're fat, don't hide it.

• That's a faliciy. Women don't decide what's sexy for a woman.

Why? Because aside from the tiny percent of often quite manly and hideous lesbians you meet on the street, women want to date and sleep with MEN.

Hence, we decide what is sexy. It's like how movie production companies can't decide what's a box office smash. They can declare a movie is art, and awesome, but the choice is up to the audience to decide if the movie will make a profit or not.

Likewise, fat women can declare that being overweight is sexy. It's meaningless, the vain protests of a mewling quim. We men decide what's sexy.

For instance, this study of over 60k people, 80% men, found that both men and women find a slim, Taylor Swift type body more attractive for a woman than Kim K. The media trumphets about kim K, plus size women, and "all about that bass" but it doesn't mean shit.

www.foxnews.com/.../

At the end of the day, we men like what we like, and fatties claiming we should like them won't change it.

This

www.fashionillustrationtribe.com/.../178.jpg

doesn't beat this

cdn2.cagepotato.com/.../...ano-Hits-the-Scales.jpg

no matter how loudly overweight women scream and cry and wish to change it.

• Unless of course you are me or guys like me screaming for years in the wilderness. The first woman you portray is far , far, far my preference and always has been. It's not just the women that are frustrated here, when other vocal assholes presume to speak for my tastes.

These women do not need to be found to be sexy by everyone. But they most certainly are found sexy by enough of us. If it does not apply to you simply move along, don't be rude, and keep your insulting and retrograde ideas to youself.

I just don't F**king understand the mentality of people like you.

If we were talking about hair color, you would allow for all preferences, but when it comes to bodyfat, then you are the supreme ruler of the land and the large women and men who like them need to apparently keep quiet and keep to our place.

On this subject for sure, a rational male you are not!

• @Taywallee16

Your lack of anything to say doesn't surprise me... when you can't rebut what someone says with any intelligent argument, insults are all that's left.

However, perhaps I can rephrase to help you understand.

I'm sure a notable chunk of women out there prefer to date down... I've seen it happen. Good looking women dating men with no real job prospects, who are often also not good looking and overweight. Let's say 15% of women like men like that, just for example.

If 50% of men were suddenly like that--fat slobs working grunt jobs with no career goals, and people were suddenly pushing that that should be celebrated, don't you think lots of women would be upset?

"Hey, you might like dating fat slobs making poverty wage, but I want a fit guy with career aspirations! Don't encourage more men to be fat slobs! Encourage them to get fit and obtain good jobs that make a decent wage! We are repulsed by fat slobs working poverty wage jobs, they're not sexy!"

See the point?

• ... To your last comment, my husband was fairly chubby when I started dating him, and he didn't have a job... I loved him just the same. Now he does have a job, and we both lost a lot of weight (he lost weight since we got married because of all the you-know-what, I've just been eating healthier) but he has always been the one for me. Just because you've only met materialistic bitches who judged you by the way you look and how much money you have in your bank account doesn't mean all women want a rich guy with a plastic six-pack body. I'd rather cook for a guy with a healthy appetite than a guy who constantly thinks he's gonna get fat and ugly.

• cdn.funnymemes.com/.../...real-men-have-curves.jpg

this is how retarded you and all this fat acceptance or curvy euphemism movement sound to us normal men who aren't chubby chasers and don't have a bbw fetish.

• You do know that curvy does not mean fat?

• LMAO! This is so perfect. I love this lol so good.

#FatAcceptanceFail

• The only one sounding retarded is the fool who missed the point of people feeling ashamed of themselves. Why dont we put YOUR ugly ass up there and see how you feel with zero support?

• Obesity is a medical condition that should not be glorified. Obese people require more healthcare services to be kept alive than smokers. It puts a strain on taxpayers who live in subsidized healthcare societies.

That being said, a woman can be a plus sized and still look beautiful. She just won't ever be my type.

• No one denies the health consequences of obesity.

But the fact that someones health issue is on display for everyone to see, does not mean we all get the right to discuss it.

Large people have the right to live now, not at some future time when your approval is forthcoming.

• So... you're only doing this because you wanna motivate people to "get healthy"? As if any girl would be heartbroken if they were not YOUR type :). I weigh 140 lbs, I lost lots of weigh in the last two months (don't exactly know how much I just know that I went down 4 dress sizes) and I didn't do it so I could be everybody's "type". I didn't do it to catch the eyes of men, and I didn't even do it for my husband (to him, I'm ALWAYS attractive whether I weigh 110 or 190). I did it for ME. I did it because I was sick of seeing fat rolls everytime I sat down. I did it because I wanted to fit a European size 36 (about a 4). Not for any stupid guy who uses the motivational excuse to let out his frustration on the internet. If you truly wanted to motivate people, you'd know that telling they have to be skinny to appeal to YOU is a big mistake.

• @dutchpride92

That's great you've lost weight for your own cause. But like I said, a woman can be a plus size and still be beautiful. Heck I've known a few. If you wanna know, my type isn't skinny either, I prefer feminine curves. The only thing I really attacked in my statement is how obesity shouldn't be glorified in a mass fat-acceptance movement as obesity contributes to a shitload of medical problems that society struggles to pay for. Seeing how you are no longer obese and have improved yourself amazingly, I fail to see why you're acting all butt hurt

• those women are overweight, they are unhealthy like anorexic models just on the other end of the spectrum

I like the avg girls lol!
    Lets make a campaign for the in between girls! Avg healthy weight girls rule lol!

• I'm technically overweight as well. But guess what? My cholesterol is low. I don't have diabetes. I'm active. My eating habits are. decent. I'd say that I was pretty healthy. I also have an illness that I have to take meds for on a daily basis. And guess what? It causes weight gain! But to society, I'm just a fat girl right?

• @CHARismatic110

Yes I have and I do apologize for it... I like controversial threads lol, it's what makes gag fun... But anyways if you have frustration you need to get out, I understand

• @TripleAce I'm good. Thanks for apologizing.

• I don't find VS models attractive at all.

They're far too skinny. They have nice faces (overrated ones for sure but still nice), but they're bodies (for me) are a true let down.

But of course many girls refuse to believe this. Ever since people heard fat was bad, a lot of girls wanted to be as far away from it as possible. The whole thing got blown out of proportion, and then the fashion media, which is dominated by women and gay men (who dont really know what hetero men want), started bombarding women with this idea that super skinny is the ideal. Which is completely untrue for both health and attractiveness.

I like curvy girls

I think girls like Ashley Graham are almost perfect. But they are a little on the heavier side. They could slim down a little. But not a lot. If Ashley had less of a stomach she would be absolutely perfect.

But you don't need to have wide hips, big boobs, thick thighs and an hourglass figure to be attractive. Any girl can be attractive, as long as she's healthy, secure in herself and isn't trying to to live up to the fashion media's idea of perfection.

This revolution thats happening is something brilliant.

• good for you and im thin i don't have trouble finding a guy, different guys like different things. And you sure sounded like an ass when you said " a real letdown for slim girls" and then hypocritically try to say "Any girl can be attractive"

• @LonelyLillie13 I didn't say "is real letdown for slim girls", that's a complete misquote. I was talking about VS models, who are very thin and unnaturally so. A high metabolism isn't what keeps them that thin. Its crazy dieting and intensive, long workouts sometimes as much as twice a day. They even have admitted that they are not to eat any more than an apple on the day of the VS fashion show.

And after that I said any girl can be attractive as long as she is healthy and not trying to be what the fashion media considers perfect. Those women are trying and I doubt many of them are actually healthy. You know most of them meet the physical criteria for anorexia?

I know different guys like different things. Not all guys are like me. Thats why I said "their bodies (FOR ME) are a true letdown." I'm sure many guys like VS models. But I as only speaking about my own opinion.

I think skinny girls can be attractive. (their just not my own ideal) I just think that VERY skinny girls are not

• There is nothing remotely 'unhealthy' about these women. The fact that they aren't gym freaks with 2% body fat does not make them 'unhealthy'. They are not obese, they have a healthy amount of body fat.

In fact I'd go as far as to say the women in that video are fricking gorgeous.

• Uh huh...

I was being facecios with the 2% line but I don't know where the hell your numbers are coming from.

The World Health Organisation says 21-33% is a healthy body fat percentage for wonen aged 20-40.

Your 'bigger girl' has a body fat percentage typical of competitive female athletes, whilst your 'skinny girl' would be experiencing serious health problems.

You can't tell body fat % by looking, but the NHS recommends women keep their waist below 32 inches to avoid increased risk, and none of these girls has a waist that big.

• WTF fat acceptance advocates i tell ya.. so delusional.

They are fat, period. They should take care of themselves before it's too late and their self-abuse catches up (i. e. failing organs, heart disease, etc.).

Why try to hide this simple truth?

• Curvy is nice, but those women aren't curvy at all. They're fat.

• Naa, give me the Angels. ;) <3

• Just the fact that I know I'll get hate for having a preference is sad. I actually tend to like girls a couple pounds overweight but whatever body shape these women have is just unattractive, they must be like 15+ pounds OW. Plus they're faces aren't the greatest either, and I'm generally not a fussy guy. I don't see male modelling companies hiring average looking guys short guys, or scrawny tall dudes, and you know if there were short models girls would be like "eww". So many double standards.

• I highly doubt women are repulsed by short guys as much as you guys are repulsed by "overweight" women. No woman I know would say "eww" if short male models were used for campaigns. Al Pacino isn't that tall, Tom Cruise isn't male model-tall, yet girls used to (and still) go wild over those men. I don't see guys going wild over overweight women though. Guys are by far pickier than girls.

• Many of the male models are scrawny.

• I think this a great strategic play on their part... it's a great way to cash grab from overwieght women as well as still appeal to the thinner girls... I'm sure overweight women felt left out and sales must of reflected that... so they decided to do something about it

For those of you who think media tells us what's sexy... well now the ad is telling this is sexy, are we all jumping and listening like good little followers, no...

They may pave the way for what's sexy BUt at there ideas still have to aligne with us

• To each their own. Where the line is separating curvy and fat will be different for everyone.

I personally think these women's bodies are sexy as shit, this falls under the category of curvy for me.

I don't give a girl the "fat" label unless her body has reached an extreme. But what would be considered "extreme" is different for me compared to the next guy, so...

• I agree completely.

• @DaveyYourFavey I didn't think it was, I just figured you're English wasn't too good lol.

And I agree...

• Haha :)
      Yea my English is fine, its my first language, and thanks :)

• So... none of these girls have ANY fat on their face?

Something smells fishy... and not just them.

• Yeah, and no stretch marks or cellulite? I'm a skinny girl and I still have stretch marks.

• Sorry but "ALL women are sexy" is a load of B. S. If you're a fat cow who eats terribly and never get exercise there is nothing sexy about dying because you literally got stuck to your couch or toilet and ironically died of starvation. Or girls who die in their 30's from heart attacks. We're trying to turn this world into all flowers and daisies where anything anyone does is considered beautiful. Sorry but beautiful and sexy CANNOT exist without unattractive and ugly.

• You don't have to be overweight to die from a heart attack. There are athletes with heart issues who've died from heart attacks.

• Haha but when a skinny girl eats whatever she wants (junkfood, chocolate) and never goes to the gym (yes, most thin girls I know don't eat healthy or exercise either) you still think she's healthy don't you?

• @dutchpride92 no that's called being skinny fat the very thing I work to avoid myself.

• I wonder when there will be a campaign for male height problems

• More from Guys
    24

What Girls Said 51

• What obese women should know is that it is NOT okay to be fat.. I get that there are fat women who don't have the ability to look as thin as victoria's secret models but no one is asking them to be like that. Obese women or men shouldn't feel offended by society cuz it is their fault they are that fat. And this can be easily solved simply by saying that u don't wanna be fat anymore by eating junk food everyday and sitting on ur asses doing nothing, and actually starting to do sth about it!
    I believe that VS models are too slim and that's not how an average women should be nor is too curvy. No one is asking you to starve urself but too much is too much. Fat women shouldn't be discouraged to work out and be thinner cuz that's what the message of the video seemed to me... it's like they were literally saying "screw vs models, if ur fat and lazy and don't have the energy to do sth about it then it's fine, whatever".
    And again, women shouldn't have the bodies of vs models nor the imnoangel models.. somewhere in the middle is perfect.

• Hahaha ­čśé ­čÖîPreach baby Preach! ­čÖî this girl speaks the truth!

• Yes that's true but oh well.. thats life :p
      @Yc2K15

• Why do you care? It reminds me of people who care about when people do drugs (including smoking and drinking.) It's THEIR body, so WHY do YOU care? Personally I don't find them attractive but I could care less.

• what i don't like is that it's a constant competition of which body type is "better" AND it only acknowledges two body types - fat and skinny, but both with defined waists and hips. what we really need is a campaign that recognizes all body types - fat, skinny, middle, athletic, curvy, not curvy - and calls them all beautiful. i haven't seen anything that does that. it's always pitting different body types against each other and it's awful.

• Every single one of these women is fat.

If you want to push body acceptance, why aren't regular fat chicks not being used as models?
    All these women have thin faces, which completely goes against the whole big is beautiful bullshit they're pedalling.

Where are the regular jackoffs that have just as much body fat bonus double chins, eh?

Why are double chins not celebrated? Because fat is not attractive. If it was, fat models with fat faces would have been used.

This campaign is a farce.

• I agree! Unfortunately only snapped into my head after I commented. I still think these ladies are all hot. But the entire article is a load of shit.

"The brand states that "The Lane Bryant ImNoAngel initiative celebrates women of all shapes and sizes by redefining society's traditional notion of sexy with a powerful core message: ALL women are sexy."

But after staring at the computer screen blankly for about 5 mins, I was like WTF? all these women are the same size? that completely contradicts their entire point and makes them look like a group of overconfident self indulged bitches who are trying to make money by being completely fake to what they stand for. ( Damn I wish I posted this instead )

• FUUCK YEAH!!!
      I fucking love ya lol
      And the fact that none of them people who says otherwise dares to debate you on the topic lol
      CHAMP!

• The real question is, why aren't double chins celebrated ANYMORE? The Original models for paintings were usually on the bigger side, especially in the baroque era. A person of nobility in older days would consume no less than 10.000 calories a day. Why? Because luxury was only available to the rich. A normal working man consumed 4000, but he needed those calories to stay alive and for the physical work it wasn't enough. Today, people have luxury all around, even poor people can eat fatty foods and pastries (in Western countries that is). So rare = beautiful, in times where it's rare to be bigger that is the ideal, in times where it's rare to be slim that is the ideal. So there you go.

• All you people posting anonymously need to wo (man) up and show yourself! If you can talk shit about someone's body then you can let people respond knowing who you are.
    ----
    REALITY CHECK:

Just to make it clear to everyone
    Being "Fat" or "Overweight" doesn't equal unhealthy.
    The same goes for most of the VS models or fashion models in general who by medical standards are "underweight" aren't unhealthy.

I was underweight most of my life yet I ate a ton of food. Even though I was super skinny, I surely wasn't fit. The only reason I gained weight was from exercising. Anyways, I guarantee you that some of these women are a lot fitter then some of the skinny "healthy" girls you like. & I'm not bashing small people either because I'm on the smaller end, but humans come in all shapes and sizes that don't necessarily determine health, so please excuse your uneducated selves.
    ----
    These women aren't morbidly obese. If you have a preference for skinny or more slender girls then that's fine, but to say a woman looks disgusting and is obviously unheathy just because she is bigger than what is appealing to your eye is absolutely shameful!
    ---
    Concerning the topic:

First off, you should never shame anyone regardless of how they look because they are confident in their own skin. Being confident with who they are doesn't mean you can't "better" themselves either, but your shitty remarks aren't promoting "good health"; they are promoting self hate amongst people who don't fit your standards.

Second, these women aren't selling their bodies or promoting obesity, being unhealthy, or doing a "disservice" to big people. They are models for a reason, just like VS models. They are here to promote clothing/lingerie. Not everyone woman is super slim; we come in all shapes in sizes, so there should be models in all shapes and sizes for brands trying to sell their clothes.

Third, grow some fucking balls and show yourself.

• This seriously makes me so angry. All the men on here saying big women are ugly/ lazy/ unhealthy/ smelly need to shut their mouths. You are making assumptions that are incredibly hurtful. I come from both ends of the argument. I dealt with bulimia from the time I was 11 up until I was 15. Heck I still deal with it now. I became I'll when I was 9 and gained a lot of weight because of it. Now as an impressionable tween I thought I had to look like the people on TV, or in movies and magazines. So I tried for a year as hard as a 10 year old could to lose weight. When it didn't work I took to the internet to lose weight. That's how I found out about bulimia. Tried it and I lost 60 pounds in 5 months. Once again I became incredibly ill and battled for years not to resort to old habits. I put on 40 pounds since I was 12 and lose and gain weight all the time. But I can't go out or do anything without thinking about what people must think of me. It's damaging and can really hurt someone's life forever. Please think about what you say and do. You could hurt someone without even realizing it.

• This is the basic reason behind this. Victoria's secret published this:

thenypost.files.wordpress.com/.../...riasecret.jpg

The perfect body campaign. Notice how they all have same, tall, skinny body type. Nothing wrong with that body type. But this clearly indicates that they promote this one single body type as the only right one. The perfect one. And that is stupid.

These women don't think they are better than victoria's secret angels but they don't accept being inferior either. They think all body types are equal. They think they can bf just as sexy as models.

You don't have to like them or think they are sexy but they want to ferl sexy and show other bigger women that they are beautiful too. Their body is nothing to be ashamed of. Sure they might be a little overweigh but they don't care. Being a little overweight isn't that unhealthy. Most victoria's secret models are slightly underweight.

Be proud of your body. Confidence is attractive

• I don't think it's so much ÔÇťbody typeÔÇŁ difference but body fat percentages...

• Up vote for girls that actually take care of themselves.

• @Consultant , oh those models? Some of them do. One of them just recently said she doesn't work out or think about what she eats so, meh.
      But I guess I can't demand people to read, simple minded ones will just watch pictures and base their opinions by them. That is what kids do, adults read.

• People's responses to this frustrate me to no end. These women are NOT modeling their bodies. They are not trying to sell their bodies. They are trying to sell CLOTHES. And the best way to sell clothes is to convince people that it will look good on your body type. If I want to buy a bra or underwear, I'd like to see how it makes someone with my body type look. Fat people want to see how it makes a fat person look. Skinny people want to see how it makes a skinny person look. Which is why we should use models of all shapes and sizes. We shouldn't be judging the bodies. We should be judging the clothes, because that's what is being advertised. /rant

• Sexy is a feeling. When I see a woman unapologeticly walking around with her head held high strutting her stuff I think she's sexy. Everyone deserves to feel sexy, no matter anyone's opinion. by the way, there's difference between average, curvy, having a little extra weight, and being obese. I suggest you people learn it. .

• EVERYBODY deserves to feel beautiful. Period. Fat, curvy, fit, thin, skinny, muscular, chubby, tall, short, black, white, purple, blue and green. Nobody should be made to feel like less of a person or not beautiful because of the way they look. And idc what anyone has to say about it. It's not your preference? Fine. You don't need to bash something or someone to prove that. Agree to disagree and keep it moving. #stopbodyshaming

• Amen, Sister!!!^^^^

• This shouldn't get any downvotes... This was beautifully written. Every woman deserves to feel beautiful and no-one should get bashed for body-type. Well said.

• @dutchpride92 thank you!

• I don't like any campaign that thinks you have to raise up one group of people by insulting another.

• I'll probably get hated on but none of these women look healthy. I am not saying you need to be a size 0 but exercise and healthy eating is something every one should strive for.

• I don't understand how society are scared to offend anyone by naming people 'fat' but find it perfectly fine to call people skinny and put down models that they class as 'skinny'. As there's a campaign called '#imnoangel' would it then be okay to make a campaign called #imnofatty? It works both ways.

• Sweetheart you may be too young to remember but there has been lots of fat shaming in the media for a very, very long time. And you completely missed the point of this campaign. VS made a "Perfect Body" campaign, with all the tall, thin models. That struck a nerve with some women, hence some women made this to show both thin and bigger women can and have the right to feel sexy and beautiful. by the way, you only have to open up a magazine and you'll see thin, pretty women like you everywhere (yes, you're a very beautiful girl I said it). I'm sure you have no shortage of male attention, and take a look at the reactions here. All guys hating on big girls. On the other hand, girls like me (I can't go below the 133 lbs mark without completely starving myself) feel like shit everyday because of our bodies.

• I am all for body positivity, love yourself and no you don't have to look like an Angel to be gorgeous, but I strongly disagree with "bigger is better"
    These women are beautiful, they might be a little overweight but nothing unhealthy. I have absolutely no problem with that, and I think they have all the rights in the world to feel amazing, because they are indeed lovely. This doesn't mean skinny (maybe) shapeless girls aren't just as gorgeous though. Body positive is not about making big girls feel good, it's about all the girls feel amazing in all their different bodies. There is this thing, where in order to feel good about yourself, you shame people who doesn't look like you. Skinny people shame bigger people, big people shaming skinny people. That is NOT okay! We are trying to break up with the "ideal body" image, but by shaming everyone who's different from you, you are just to creating a new specific "THIS is how you have to look, to be allowed to feel pretty" Is that really what we want?

As long as you are HEALTHY and functioning, I don't care about your love handles or boyish shape, we are all beautiful.

• I'm no thin minnie, and I know I turn heads. So being skinny does not mean sexy. Being sexy, is just that: being sexy - that's it, no matter what size you are. Haven't you ever seen skinny unattractive women? They're everywhere. I have seen very beautiful and/or sexy women in all different body types.

When I asked my husband once when he finds me most sexy, here's what he said to me: When you blow dry your hair.

So when I'm wrapped with a towel around my waist, not even trying to hide my muffin, he thinks this is me at my sexiest! He's watching my hair get tousled around by my blow dryer and the determined look I get on my face making sure it gets dried right. Who knew?

So if VS Angels or LB NoAngels can be sexy in their small and big sizes walking up and down runways and posing for their catalogs, let's include a segment of women of all shapes standing in the bathroom, blow drying their hair and see how men love it. :D

• all shapes and sizes? where are the skinny people

• They photoshop their faces to make them look thinner. If bigger is better why lie then?

• They do? Ashley Graham's face looks the same size in model shoots and on the red carpet to me. :O

• Agreed - I think the media places a lot of importance on skinny models. One shouldn't be obese but not proper skinny either. It should be in-between

• As long as they're happy, I'm happy. I do wish they'd find a passion for health and fitness though, because truly loving your body is treating it the way it deserves to be treated by feeding it healthy foods and giving it the exercise it needs.
    I'm happy they're confident, but honestly it's only a small percentage of people who actually look good fat lol. Their bodies distribute their weight really well and there is almost no fat in their faces, which still isn't very realistic. At my heaviest, I was 195 and my body looked super lumpy and disproportionate and my face was really chubby and less appealing. The majority of overweight women are like that, where being fat just really does not suit them. Bodies like these are STILL unattainable and unrealistic. I seriously don't know any fat people who look like this. Where are the double chins and cellulite?

• It's so weird, that I'm a girl and I don't support this. I will never be as skinny as a vs model and I don't want to be, but this is just a little bit too much for me in my opinion.

• That's because your still 14

• @DaveyYourFavey cry me a river - I'm sorry I couldn't even read all that because all I saw complaints so let's agree on something here, at any age you can go through shit, at any he you can be immature and good for you be mature now please tell me how the hell
      Do you know if I haven't been through anything - oh I know, you don't! You completely ignored what I stated and once again became defensive and ridiculously ignorant with my statements and your arguing with me like a chick would! Here's something from a psychological point of view 12 through 20 is a turbulent age, you all supposedly know everything so please continue with your knowing all and I'm not 28 gag can't fix it so cry me a river and stop arguing already and see the immature thing to do is block you now read between the lines and here is a happy face ­čśÇ

• Refusing to read what I'm saying? Thats a little sorry to say again :/... ignorant

If you had read it you would probably understand and not have said what you just said.

I am not saying you have not been through anything. I never said anything of the sort. (Maybe if you had read my comment you would know that)

I said that it is ignorant to assume that people of a younger age than you are immature, inexperienced and somewhat inferior. "You all supposedly know everything". Again with the ignorance and generalizations. I mean, I don't know how you can't see this.

I put proof of your ignorance into my previous comment. You refused to read it, thus failing to see it, then believing I was being ignorant because you didn't see what I was trying to say, and then all of that just piles onto my proof.

I'm 22 by the way so not 12 through 20.

Oh and spare me the childish attitude and phrases, "cry me a river"? :)

• Those plus size models look unhealthy and I am sure they are unhealthier than the skinny models.

• More from Girls
    31