Men's Fashion Advice for Single and over 40

Are you getting back into the dating game and want to look fresh to death? If you haven't been out on a date for a long time, and want to look great, attract the opposite sex and feel confident while you're doing that - then check out some simple and classic fashion tips we found on Instagram that do every man some good. Get back out there and knock those ladies off their feet!

7. @mrporterlive

Mr. Porter is an London online retail destination for men’s style with a weekly online magazine for style advice and to highlight specific designers who design for the classic man. Here you can see the classic white shirt every guys should have.

A photo posted by MR PORTER (@mrporterlive) on

6. @jprstyling

Philip Adesulu is a style consultant for the big boys, who works out of Houston, Texas. He shows looks that highlight playful masulinity and colour, and looks that are particularly eye-catching. See how every man should have one flawless suit.

A photo posted by jprstyling (@jprstyling) on

5. @tiniegram

Tinie Tempah is the definition of a fly rapper. His style is uber-confident, a bit flashy at time but always sleek. He's an upcoming style influencer who taste is impeccable when it comes to international flair as travels around the world doing photo shoots, Fashion Week, and performing. He shows how a chic pair of black sunglasses will always be hot.

A photo posted by Tinie Tempah (@tiniegram) on

4. @ejsamson

If you want someone who can show you formal sophistication, EJ Samson is that man, he is called the 'pocket square king'. He’s also GQ's styling Digital Director. EJ shows you how to look like a fine gentleman without overkill.

A photo posted by EJ Samson (@ejsamson) on

3. @nylonguysmag

If you like a trendier style, then check out the haven for male hipsters. Nylon has been called a “bible for hipsters.” A magazine which covers design, technology, art, music, travel, and men’s fashion. A Nylon guy would definitely have a pair of fancy leather utility boots.

A photo posted by NYLON GUYS (@nylonguysmag) on

2. @deltoroshoes

Del Toro started making men's footwear, specifically luxurious velvet slippers. But now they've evolved to creating a lot of accessories and different types of shoes, that encompass a man's more adventurous side. They'd recommend something ethinic this spring.

A photo posted by Matthew Chevallard (@deltoroshoes) on

1. @brucepask

If you really want to impress, check out Bruce's picks, he's is the men’s fashion director of Bergorf Goodmana, THE luxury goods department store on Fifth Avenue in Midtown Manhattan in New York City. His picks are timeless and at the cutting edge of style. Trousers in raw denim is perfect for casual chic.

A photo posted by brucepask (@brucepask) on

What are your favourite pieces for this season that are a must-have for men?

Here are some myTakes Gagers have created on what to wear:

Top 10 Clothing Items Any Man Should Own

Fashionable Styles for the Gents

Advice for Guys Going Out on a First Date

16
gagTake is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 16

• I dress well but it's my own classic style based on what men wore in the 30s, 40s and 50s. And I don't really like your choices especially those shoes, damn they are awful.

• Do people really dress like that? Those pants are so short that they look like they belong to his little brother. I suppose it's one of those "if they care what you were then they're not your friend" things.

• Really? giving unsolicited fashion advice to 'single and men over 40'

*yawn* okay...

• why are females telling guys how to dress?

if a guy tells a female how to dress its then an insult. Right?

• I hate it when they do that. It's like we're children or something.

• I will dress like I do because that is who she is getting. I think I dress well and would not dress in the items listed above.

• Dress like this and you'll attract tons of gay guys. Women, not so much. There is no one thing you can do to attract girls other than to become a big shot.

• Step one: But expensive clothes
    Step two: Look rich
    Step three: ?
    Step four: Profit

• If I was single , I wouldn't even bother dating... time consuming , soul destroying & expensive if you are a man these days. Women don't really need or want guys anymore.. that's what they keep telling us guys !!

• Is this a just another way to advertise for clothing companies/designers?

• Sorry but that guy in #6 on the left has terrible fashion sense. Your shoes always match the belt and that color did not go at all with the suit. Also you don't go sockless in a suit. You should never see any skin besides your hands and head in a suit. He's trying way too hard to set a trend. I don't really agree with most of this. This is fashion specifically for hipsters.

• You don't go sockless anywhere but the beach/pool. Unless you want smelly shoes, that is. But I agree with you. And since this is partly targeted at guys over 40, it's even worse. Over the hill hipsters? No way.

• Those suits aren't fitted properly. And guys, make sure you have white shirts that aren't button down collars in your wardrobe--button downs are more casual and aren't appropriate for formal wear. Just saying.

But yes, 40+ Dudes--wear adult clothing ;)

• That first paragraph sounds like some cheesy radio ad haha. Come on I can't be the only one who read that in an overly enthusiastic voice

• I'm not over forty and "getting back into the dating game": I'm five years from forty and still haven't even STARTED the dating game. *sigh*

• Not a fan of the footwear shown here, the suits are okay if a little bit tight looking, and I don't get along well with white shirts. Interesting take, though.

• I've never considered myself a "nylon" guy but the boots are pretty cool, I would definitely wear them.

What Girls Said 5

• Nice take! But #2 ... just no.

• meh, I think you should wear whatever you feel comfortable and confident in :)

• Or just don't be a slob ;)

• all I see is cannibal, bird, and possibly alien evolved from bugs

• Love a man in a crisp white shirt. That never gets old.