12 Fashion Icon and Fashion Extremist

This take is actually to help me review what I had this afternoon in my Developing Fashion class so that it would be easier for me to remember all the materials for my exam. Anyway, I also thought it would be fun to share some informations about Fashion Icon and Fashion Eccentric or Extremist throughout history. So here is the list, and see if you can tell which are the fashion extremist, enjoy :)

1. Boy George

12 Fashion Icon and Fashion Extremist

A Brittish musician whose music style is blues or reggae.

2. Anna Maria Piaggi

An Italian fashion writer who was born in 1931.

3. David Bowie

Come on now, who doesn't know this guy? A singer, an actor, a record producer, a song-writer, simply a historical figure of entertainment world.

4. Madonna

Do I need to explain why? I guess not :)

5. Cathy Jung

Yep, it's not photoshoped. Meet the world's smallest waist owner with only around 14.9 inch (38 cm).

6. Mr. Pearl

A great and talented corset maker who started wearing corset himself at the age of 30. Now he has the smallest waist among men (only 18 inch if you wonder).

7. Marchesa Luisa Casati (R.I.P)

In her chandelier dress (duh, obviously). She's an Italian fashion muse in early 20th century.

8. Isabella Blow (R.I.P)

Okay, this woman deserves to have some credit. She was the first woman who bought all Alexander McQueen's very first graduation collection with the Bumster Pants as the main point of the collection. From then, she became McQueen's fashion muse and McQueen gained lots of attention from the world.

9. Audrey Hepburn (R.I.P)

Seriously, who can forget Breakfast at Tiffany's?

10. Marilyn Monroe (R.I.P)

Cause who could ever forget this face, right?

11. Elizabeth Taylor (R.I.P)

The beautiful Cleopatra actress, mmhmm...

12. Madame de Pompadour (R.I.P)

Born in the same era as Marie Antoinette, Madame de Pompadour was also a fashion icon for women during that time. I wanna share this cause she was a beautiful and smart and wise woman, but only few people know her nowadays. She was the official mistress of King Louis XV of France. She was intelligent and definitely knew how to present and behave herself in the dangerous and cruel life of royalty. She was the only mistress who was close enough with the Queen, and eventually made the Queen said, "If there must be a mistress, better her than any others".

There are still a lot more, like Orlan, Marlon Brando, Marlene Dietrich, Brigitte Bardot, Coco Chanel, Twiggy, Lady Gaga, etc. But these are the 12 I like most, cause they're somehow weird and amazing at the same time :D. So what do you think? I hope you enjoy this take, and if I have something interesting to share about fashion, I'll make sure I share in the next myTake :)

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 5

• I'll be glad when I'm not seeing Boy George on the front page anymore...

• Interesting take. I pray that i dont get married to a Fashion extremist.

• Except Madonna...

These are worst n retardest fashion trends... Yakhhhh especially first one...
    I am vomiting.. 😷😫

• These are fashion icon and fashion extremist. Fashion extremist wear the oddest thing we can ever imagine, thus they don't set the trend. Haha, don't keep lookin then 😂

• Perfect :))

• Good list :)

What Girls Said 15

• very interesting take... but Boy George looks kinda scary with paint on his face

• Love David Bowie as a musician and as the Goblin King. <3<3

Great picture of Madonna. I like her IDGAF attitude. <3

I need to look into Isabella Blow. I'm loving that hair piece. :)

I love Marie Antoinette but Madame de Pompadour sounds interesting. I don't like the fact she was a mistress though.

Cathy Jung and Mr. Pearl I don't agree with. People who do this can no longer live without having it around them when there waist gets like that. :/

• i deserved a spot

• Lmao, you hv spot in the very heart of fashion world 😊

• I really like Madame de Pompadour ! She remind me of that one movie called the boylen sister. Anyway, awesome take and were you joking about their waist thing?

• Yep, I like her as well! No, their waist thing is the truth, you can google it if you want 😊

• Marchesa she was amazing and one of the reasons I wish to study fashion.
    Good luck on your exam and mah the fashion God's be with you. 😃

• Audrey Hepburn is my all time favorite. So classy and beautiful!

• HOW COULD YOU MISS ALEXANDER MCQUEEN

• What about Rihanna or lady gaga

Cara Delevinge too

• What lady gags used to wear wasn't really fashion. It was wearing things just to elicit a response

• I definitely think rihanna is following in their foot steps if not makng her own style!!!

• Good take. I'd like to mention coco chanel and Jackie O too ;)

• Absolutely loved your take!!!

• Audrey Hepburn would love to have met her.

• You forgot Coco Chanel but very nice take nonetheless.

• Lol, how can I forget her srsly? I just mention the 12 I like most, though I have to admit that Gabriel Chanel is one of great fashion icon indeed 😊

• I totally get it, trust me haha. I mean she just made an impact on a ton of our modern day fashion choices :)

• If you like Chanel you might wanna watch Chanel's short movie by Karl Langefied to celebrate Chanel's 100 years. It tells a story when Chanel was still a hat designer and Gabriel Chanel was played by Kiera Knightley 😀

• That's an interesting take! post a part 2. Can you also make a description about how exactly did every fashion icon you present dressed?

eg. Marilyn Monroe, preffered pastel, brown and white clothes, which were too tight and were often sewn on her. She said 'your clothes should be tight enough to show you're a woman but loose enough to show you're a lady'. She loved high heels. She wore blouse-pencil skirt combinations, capri pants, jeans, dresses, shorts and was one of the first women to wear a bikini. She didn't wear a lot of jewellery, only earrings. She was a brunnette but dyed her hair various shades of blonde.
    Her make up routine: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAneUTr8mog
    She said people didn't recognise her if she didn't put on makeup and wore loose clothes.

• Thank you, I'll make sure I'll post a part 2 of something like this haha. I'd need to do a deep reseafch for that first lol😊

• The first guy looks like Jake from 2 and a half men XD

I think the fashion extremist was David Bowie?

• Lol yep2. He's actually pretty normal lately, or sorta.. you can google him if you want lol. David Bowie, Marchesa, Anna Maria, Isabella Blow, Boy George were all fashion extremist :) But I took that picture of David Bowie cause he looks cool in that picture lol