1. Can I touch it?/People touching your hair without your permission as if though you were an animal at a petting zoo.
Unless you are a close, and I mean VERY close friend, don't touch it.
2. You should straighten it so you can have "good hair". Why don't you get a weave or perm it so have "good hair"? You'll never get a guy if you don't have "good hair".
The "good hair" comment is something we normally hear from other black people and it's rather annoying. The texture, colour, and length doesn't determine good hair. Your hair being healthy because it hasn't been messed with by those family dollar chemicals some women like to buy is what determines weather it's good hair or not. Those harsh chemicals can lead to massive hair loss. I'd rather have a full head of afro than my hairline retreating to the back of my head.
3. Do you wash your hair? What happens when you wash it?
Our hair gets wet and then it gets dry, and yes, we do wash our hair. What were you expecting?
3. Have you stuck things in your hair?/People sticking random objects in your hair thinking it's funny.
Unless you want a well deserve ass whoopin' I'd advise you not to do this.
4. I know someone/have a friend with hair like yours! :D
5. You look like Solange./You look so exotic.
We may be natural, but no one looks like her. Also, how is my hair exotic? I though the world knew black people had natural afro's and wouldn't be surprised by this. So please, tell me how my hair is other worldly again?
6. Is that your real hair?
. . . . . Bruh. . . . .
7. Ew, your hair is so nappy/kinky.
We comb, pick, and brush our hair just like everyone else. Just because it's an afro texture does no mean our hair is nappy and/or kinky.
8. How do you get your hair to do that?
Genetics home slice, genetics.
Hopefully this myTake will help people realize that comments and questions like those are rather annoying, and quite offensive. And maybe, just maybe, people wouldn't find our hair so unique to where we need to be treated like aliens. If I've forgotten anything please leave a comment below about what you think should have been added.