Girls. Do you think growing up with the views of Disney princes and other media shapes what you are attracted to?

I ask this because, and please allow me to preface my statement by saying that I do not want to turn this into a race battle or anything. However, I preferably am attracted to/date outside of my race. While I have found that some are not like this, I have found that a good portion of girls of other races when describing an attractive guy will more than likely pick someone within their own ethnicity. Since I don't have that way of thinking I would like some objective insight as to why this is so. (:

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm half Asian, half white. I used to be into the blonde hair blue eyes, then it was half black half white, but now I've noticed that I kind of like guys who look slightly Asian. I do not find Asian guys attractive in the least bit, (I go to Tokyo every year and never see a genuinely attractive Asian man) but there's two guys who I see around campus who I think are cute and they both have the half Asian look. So maybe subconsciously I am attracted to those of my own ethnicity.

• Yeah. Haha It definitely seems as though that half Asian aspect will always be there. Although you did step out of the box with the half black and half white. I do think that there is something within all of us that subconsciously is attracted to certain features even partially within our ethnic groups. Maybe it's because the features that we attain mean something specifically where we are from. However, I do believe that we are all individuals and ultimately will or will not choose to see the beauty in others as far as race goes. (:

• Aw we can't be that bad.

What Girls Said 4

• Its not because of disney princesses. Its really what they grow up around that determines their preference

• Disney princes and that was an example, I also said other media but I get where you are coming from. Does that then mean as a whole we are not as open minded as we believe ourselves to be?

• Very cool to read. Thenk you for that. So this has never been a problem for you then?

• Nope I've never had this problem.

• I mean I do prefer my race but I don't really think that has anything to do with why. But I really don't know why, I think its more I grew up with it being drilled into my head that I was SUPPOSED to date within my race, but I don't know if that's the reason I usually find my race more attractive or not.

• That's what I meant by "other media" or was it more by your society that was done?

• Thanks lol

• Of course. ^_^

• ummm no lol
    i for me it has no importance of what the race is, if im attracted to a guy then hey. im attracted to him.
    but i just prefer him to be tall, but even if he's not im cool with that to.
    I've never been with anyone other than black and white people though, and would love to get me some hispanic or some exotic type guy :p

• Haha! You're like a cool kinda free spirited, logically objective woman from what I've come to learn about you. :P Nice to talk with you again by the way. Have you ever gotten any flack for dating outside your race?

• i mean she has black friends and everything, she just doesn't believe in interracial relationships. Ya know?

• I am NOT trying to disrespect your gammy, okay? I am not, I am not, I am NOT. Because I'm sure that she is a lovely woman And I know you love her dearly and that she has probably had a much more profound impact on you than I even know. I just want to preface my statement by saying that but...that's kind of a "stay in your place" mentality right?

• I'm a mixed girl (black and white) and I find Asians attractive...I don't see what Disney has to do with it though...

• More options than Disney. Haha essentially I'm asking does society shape how you view guys or you yourself? Objectively.

• Thenk you for answering this though. ^_^

• No problem ^_^

What Guys Said 1

• 80% of women only thing 20% of men are good enough for them. So Mr. Well off white knight has plenty to do with it.

Notice how Disney has more movies about poor girls going to rich guys than rich guys going after poor girls? Notice how the few women with money don't really use it or have access to it when hooking up with the man? But the men do when the poor women come to them?