Do people ever mistaken you for a different race?

If so, which race? or if you have more than one filler filler filler

0|0
35|20

Most Helpful Girl

• yes and i have to admit i kind of love it! makes me feel so unique and almost confident about my looks? lol guess i got an exotic appeal even though im not the prettiest girl around =/ im persian actually, but i get called egyptian, turkish, armenian, or hispanic. sometimes the hispanic bothers me because random people on street always come up to me asking for help in Spanish and i dont speak it so after a while it gets mad annoying. in high school people assumed i was indian and that bothered me too kinda cause im not? and i was wrongly mistaken throughout the entire high school years. just wish people really knew my ethnicity ya know?

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 34

• When I was a junior in HS a guy in my class legitimately thought I was Mexican because I tan really easily and he met me right after I came back from a vacation to Costa Rica and I lose my tan very slowly so it took until like March for him to figure out I was white.

Even though I have blonde hair and green eyes and I'm fairly certain most Mexicans don't have those features.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm as pale and British as can be but a lot of people think I'm a mix with something along the lines of African because I have that sort of button nose, big lips and have a big bum. Not a bad thing though! My dad looks like a white African man sometimes. It's strange.
    I really want to look into our ancestry!

0|0
    0|0
  • OMG all the time!
    ok iv gotten…
    Spanish
    italian
    dominican
    cuban

i dont c it lol

0|0
    0|0
  • I am east indian (ethnicity). The thing is for me I can go from really light brown to brown. And so i guess it differs what people assume me to be. Some think I am a latina, some think I look like a native indian, some guess that i am a mix of indian and south American. When I stay out of the sun for a long periods of time, some think I am half indian half white. But people have their own perceptions and how tthey see different races.

0|0
    0|0
  • other races always think i'm japanese. japanese think i'm japanese. they just assume i'm a northern one because of my alabaster skin. that's why i'm in japan. to live it up.

0|2
    0|0
  • yeah:
    dominican
    indian
    latina

0|1
    0|0
  • I get Spanish.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, latina.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes and sometimes it's annoying. People always think I'm Chinese or Japanese... I'm Korean! But I'm Asian so I understand.

1|0
    0|0
  • No, Im black and I look it

0|0
    0|0
  • Kinda. I'm fully white (Polish/German/Russian with a distant ancestor from Turkmenistan), but I've been taken for an Israeli or a Turkish girl.

0|0
    0|0
  • No one knows what I am, I have gotten Mexican, Filipino, Hawaiian, Australian, Italian, and fully Caucasian. All of that is incorrect and I'm only half Caucasian.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, sure (I'm going to be ethnically specific). I'm Sri Lankan so it's not the most common thing out there. I get Indian (which I guess it close enough), Italian, South African and various South American countries the most.

0|0
    0|0
  • Everytime. I get used to actually. I have dark hair and people always think me I am Spanish.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes all the time. I get Hispanic a lot.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes.
    Hispanic

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah lol. I've gotten Chaldean, Latina, Albanian...

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah...sometimes people think I'm white...but I'm almost fully Lebanese so I'm not

0|0
    0|0
  • lol nope im white
    people think im white
    i look white
    talk white
    and i occasionally act black
    jk i act hispanic

but seriously, im pretty white

0|0
    0|1
  • Nope. My race is very easy to tell.

0|0
    0|0
  • everyone thinks im white but im mexican and italian haha

0|0
    0|1
  • Nope, I'm about as obviously Caucasian as it gets :p

0|0
    0|0
  • Ya Mexican n I'm barely n e Mexican I'm Native American

0|1
    0|0
  • All the time, nobody can what I am, I've heard Asian, Native American, Hispanic...

0|0
    0|0
  • Almost everyday. People think I am Danish, Russian, Ukrainian etc. but really I am just Bosnian.

0|0
    0|0
  • All the time.

I've got mistaken for
    Black
    Filipino
    Native American
    Indian

0|1
    0|0
  • People think I'm Asian, Korean to be exact, or mix, but I'm Mexican.

0|0
    0|0
  • Ethiopian mostly. But they're also black.

0|1
    0|0
  • Mhmm...

Mexican, Indian, and Filipino.

0|1
    0|0
  • I have been mistaken for Hispanic a few times.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Girls

What Guys Said 20

• My picture pretty much says it all.

1|1
    0|0
  • I don't know if it's considered a race, but people have thought I was Jewish when I'm not. My brother has gotten the same thing. Even Jews have said that.

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course, all the time. I'm Lebanese and I most often get Mexican or South American. Sometimes I get Persian, Israeli, and Italian

0|0
    0|0
  • I wish people could confuse me like that. I wish I had really diverse ancestry so people would be confused by me. Alas I'm just a white boy though.. *sigh*

1|1
    0|0
  • Yes, all the time. People think I'm white when I'm really half white.

2|1
    0|0
  • I've been mistaken as Hispanic many times :P

0|0
    1|0
  • When my facial hair gets longer it starts to kind of come in reddish, and people always guess (correctly) that I'm Scotch-Irish.

0|0
    0|0
  • yes!

i been mistaken as italian a lot. if its not italian is puerto rican, or brazilian, or arabian and even hawaiian

0|0
    0|0
  • Is there confusion? Nationalities are not races. From your answers it seems the face of America is changing. No longer can we watch Friends for the face of America. What will the face of America look like in 20 years time?

1|0
    0|0
  • no if i was any whiter my picture would be on a Saltine cracker box. However, a friend of mine is dark skinned Latino and as a bull rider he told everyone he was the first African American bull rider.Everyone believed it..apparently rednecks are pretty easy to fool..

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, a lot of people think I'm black, not really

0|0
    1|0
  • I get Mexican all the time. And Dominican.

1|0
    0|0
  • Ya. Korean, hispanic. I'm Chinese.

1|0
    0|0
  • I've been asked if i was mexican a few times

0|0
    0|0
  • No, I never have been mistaken for a different race.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yea, people tend to think that i am Korean.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes for being a halfcast Pacific islander.

1|0
    0|0
  • Constantly

0|0
    0|0
    • Been mistaken 4 black/white, Dominican, Puerto Rian, black/Mexican, Tongan, Samoan, Lion

Srs, NONE of these r a joke

• I'm such a white guy it's not even funny

1|0
    0|0
  • well i'm pretty clearly Chinese

1|0
    0|0