Do you think light skinned female/males areally full of themselves?

I've always heard that light skinned people always think they are better than everyone.

Now, what I can say the light skin males I've met or been with they are a little cocky and think they are better than everyone else.

What's your opinion?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's actually because people with dark skin assume light-skinned people are better than them. I've never once heard anyone besides a neo-nazi say "The lighter your skin the better!" yet many people in Africa and India who are dark-skinned prefer light skin. I feel equal despite having among the lightest complexions possible.

• Never heard of that and to me skin color doesn't make a difference to me. It's all about personality.

What Guys Said 5

• Its a 50/50 thing. In a majority Light skin country the people who view themselves better have more power to begin with. So it shows more.

In a non majority country those whom think they are better are not as loud spoken. ( Cuz they are cowards).

So People tend to talk shit when they are in the majority.

• I think that is primarily a thing in the black community. As a pale as fuck white guy i have gotten crap before because I can't tan I just burn lol.

• I don't think so as far as the black community thing only because I live in a diverse community and they still think the same. But like pp's said its majority of every one who thinks that way.

• I live in D.C and never heard that light skin guys are supposed to be cocky. All I know is that people will always find a reason to put themselves on a pedestal and belittle others. Its a sad fact of human nature.

• True. & Maybe you just haven't heard it from the people you are around. But you are right.

• No there's no correlation between the two.

• Nah I'm not full of myself.. I joke around that I am sometimes but I'm really not. In fact I'm kind of jealous of darker skin because they can be in the sun longer than 10 minutes without turning into a tomato. I'd be screwed without SPF 50000000 ;)

• Lol! I love my skin color but I'm like a butter Scotch color and I still burn! Why I don't have no clue, I just guess the sun hates me Lol.

• At least you could go to sleep afterwards because I already know having a sunburn and trying to sleep isn't going to happen.

• yeah it's tough.

• I would agree with you.

What Girls Said 7

• It isn't true in my case. I have low self esteem/confidence and I think everyone (white, black, it doesn't matter)'s a better person than me by default.
    ...But I'm not American and we don't have too many black people here.
    But really, now--it all depends on the person. We're all different.
    I don't think that the color of the skin should matter at all. It doesn't matter for me.

• Exactly. That's how I feel and I just wanted to know why people thought as such. Also, if someone has heard anything like this from anyone and I guess not. Maybe it is just by me but I highly doubt it.

• Skin color has nothing to do with being arrogant, conceited, or cocky. There are people like that of all ethnicities, unfortunately. I don't like to label entire groups of people simply based on their skin complexion.

• No, I'm light-skinned and I have a self esteem that stays on the low side though people tell me I'm pretty or whatever. Some people are just raised that way

• You might be right because the same way as me. Im not on the low side when it comes to my self esteem but I just thank them and just go about my business.

• I agree with you lol I think it's easier to thank people and then go on my way, it's too much work to argue and deny it, honestly

• Are you specifically talking about black people with more white genetics in them, giving them a 'lighter' skin?

I don't think that attitude would pertain to just one group, you've mentioned here, but to all ethnic groups that oversees themselves (who think themselves to be to be 'whiter' or has more wealth than most people) above the rest of the people.

• No, not black. I'm talking about anyone who considers themselves as light skinned. I'm not trying to come off like I'm just saying black people in general or sounding like I'm being stereotypical. It's just a question I wanted to ask that I've heard a lot from people in general who is light skinned and they just thought they were better than everyone else. I just wondered why some of these people thought as such.

• No...I don't think this is true...at least not for me...I have low self confidence

• What a stupid stereotype.
    I've experience this time of internal prejudice in the black community.

• No some light skinned people feel "higher" or "better" because of slavery. Luckily not all of us are like that.

• That's what I was thinking you know. But like I said before it doesn't matter to me. It's personality that matters in my.book. I love me some dark chocolate guys Lol.