I want my belly button pierced, & I'm going to sneak it. Don't say don't do it blah blah Is belly button piercing worth not being able to swim.

I REALLY want it pierced, mama says no, whatevers. But, is getting is pierced worth not being able to swim ALL summer? Help!

Most Helpful Girl

• I say you wait in to winter because its dryer that season. I heard that its really hard to take care of in the summer. But at the same time its good to do it in the summer because you will want to be wearing crop tops so that the piercing won't rub against your clothes cause that hurts a lot. So its totally up to you:)

What Guys Said 6

• Do you really enjoy swimming? Are you big at swimming? Is it a hobby you totally love? If yes, don't get pierced. It's not worth not being able to do what you love for the entire summer. If that piercing is more important to you for whatever reason, fine, get pierced. It's your life and your body.

• "But, is getting is pierced worth not being able to swim ALL summer?" You tell us. Do you care to swim?

No wonder your mother is worried about you. You're clinically retarded.

• Thank you ^_^ It was just an opinion, On how you guys see if it's worth it. I think it is, It was kinda a girls question. But whatever. Thanks for your input on me ^_^ ;*

• ... Dear lord is this what we produce in schools?

• Hell yea it is. Do it>>

• Lots of women swim with them.

• I'm not lots, Sorry. They can get infected, because of the bacteria in the water. I'm not sure, If it's worth it though. I think so. I don't know.

• Are you inquiring whether or not you can get a piercing and go swimming the same day?

When your skin heals it heals. That applies to any piercing or broken skin.

• Wait till fall?

• That depends on how bad you want it, I suppose. If swimming is important to you, then wait until after summer. If you don't care about swimming, then just go for it.

I really recommend you find a way to convince your parents first though. Life will be much easier.

• Truu , She grew up in a home where piercing's were nasty, & None of my family has them. I really want them & Honestly, I don't know how to convince her anymore.

What Girls Said 2

• You are under 18. If a person does pierce you when under 18? He is a bad piercer. It is an obligation to have on of your parent's autorisation before you fo your piercing.

• No it's not. My cousin is a professional at her own shop. She is doing it & I'm not telling ANYONE she did it, So it doesn't matterrr ^_^

• I have my belly button pierced and i would wait just 2 months after getting it pierced. If your in chlorine it's going to naturally dry the skin out so you won't be able to clean it because it could get too try to get an infection. I would just wait till the end of August if you like to swim that much! It's your call! But you definitely don't want to get an infection