Is tan skin (fake or from the sun) "trashy" or "slutty"?

I fake tan in the winter, and people always compliment it. They ask me if I been away. Never got orange. In the summer I tan outside. It looks even better. I have black hair, and hazel eyes. I don't know if that looks trashy

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 5

• It's finr unless it's one of those real orange ones and you look like a ommpa lumpa or whatever they're called In photos

• No, tan skin is fine.

• Not by itself no.

• Nah, don't sweat it

• Neither. Just a change in skin tone. It's a fake tan, but I think most guys are okay with that.

• oops, tan from the sun is real and that's great.

What Girls Said 9

• Agree with the below comments, if you tan in the nice way and if it suits you, good for you, embrace that, not trashy.

It's when people look blotchy and radioactive - then it's a bad look.

• I find tan skin to be beautiful. Whether it is natural or spray tanned. As long as you have a healthy glow and never get orange, then it is a very cute look.

• Me too :) plus I'm somewhat naturally tan, but I get tan extremely easily. So yeah

• If you go too dark it can lood trashy or slutty, but if you are going for a more natural look (eg. Jessica Biel or Megan Fox in Transformers), then its a nice look

• It makes me sad! Tanning is so awful for your skin! It makes you age so much more quickly and it looks unnatural.

I don't get the obsession with tanning.
    If you look at the fashion industry, tanning isn't in. It's not the early 2000s anymore!

But to each their own. I can tell when someone fake tans, it's an un natural colour but if you gotta tan use a tanner like ST TROPEZ. Don't hurt your skin permanently for temporary gain. ):

• A tan from the sun in my opinion will never look trashy or slutty. Neither will fake tan, if it's done right. Because I swear it's like some of the girls one to look like carrots lol

• Too much of it makes them look aged and washed out.

• Its not trashy or slutty

Its nice

But i. Dont like to tan, But i get tanned sometimes when im on the beach , from the sun, even though i dont want it

• If it's even and not too dark/orange I think it looks great :)

• obviously it dosnt look trashy if people are complimenting you on it...

• Depends on who is complimenting. Trashy people giving compliments means it's trashy.

• she said "people" complement her, she never said anything about them being trashy.