How do you determine how good-looking you are; by what others think, self-assessment, both of the previous suggestions or other ways (please explain)?

Please answer the question... That is all is ask for. If the question isn't clear, I'm happy to clarify.

Most Helpful Girl

• i determine it mostly by reactions from others especially strangers

What Girls Said 22

• I don't! I don't think of myself attractive..
    I'd think of myself as ugly but with a nice heart...
    plus I've been told I'm ugly since I was a little girl all the way up to now.. so I've accepted it.. I don't notice how people look at me, or what they think of me I kinda look down and avoid eye contact.. Sometimes I get sad about it, I mean who wouldn't, being called ugly is pretty hurtful, others I just think we'll why look at me if I'm ugly? I've been called attractive, hot and beautiful but I learned that was because men will say anything to get into a woman's pants and yes even ugly women's pants as well.. once they've got it it's go away your ugly etc etc. But I think my way of thinking negative about myself stems from my father who walked out on me when I was small.. n my mind if I was a pretty child he'd have stayed.. but because I was ugly why would he want to associate knowing he was my dad...

So that's really how I determine my looks in worth..

• I compare myself to other women that I find beautiful personally. Sometimes I will doll myself up and just check myself out and try and take away the recognition of seeing myself everyday and decide whether or not I would catch my own attention. Then when someone passes me up, I'm not insulted. Different perceptions of beauty.

• pretty much myself. it used to be others but i got over that.

• I guess by what I think is considered pretty. How much attention you get from guys and some girls. How nice people are that you don't know.

• MY MOM SAYS IM PRETTY

• Its complicated lol! How would u even start.

• I think by how others treat you, especially people who you aren't close with- acquaintances or strangers.

• I compare myself to the norm that I see on television and in advertising, modified by how other women my age and in the same social circles look. Then I factor in my personal preference of how I WANT to look. So somewhere between a supermodel and a chunky soccer mom.

Basing it on other people's opinions is pretty hard to do, because a lot of people would be polite and say "oh, you're not fat" or "you look great," but they really don't mean it, or they mean "you look great compared to how horrible you looked three months ago." Some guys say that I'm attractive, but on the other hand some guys will hit on any ugly cow that crosses our path. So I can't base it on either friends or on men. Lol.

• It's by how strangers treat you.

• Mines gonna be the gayest response but what I see in the mirror lol and just how people stare and how pretty girls don't like me for whatever reason. ..that's a real indication because I'm a cool down To earth chick.

• Both.

• Its about how i feel.
    Because if you think about it, we're all ugly to someone and it doesn't change much.

• I care less what other people think about me and how I look. As long as I feel confortable with myself that's all it matters. If other people give me a compliment that's a plus but not necessary

• Both. But now it's more self assessment. What other people think is how we end up with the unrealistic expectations set out in magazines. Not that the odd compliment isn't nice of course

• I determine how good looking I am by how confident I would feel at that moment. If I don't mind being looked at by good looking people then I have succeeded.

• Attractiveness is so subjective that you really can't

• vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/.../latest

I don't think good looks and attractiveness are the same thing.

• And either way, my original comments still stands. Your physical appearance and how others perceive it is not concrete, so there is no real way to determine how "good looking" you are

I know your point still stands as I was never trying to say otherwise.

vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/.../latest

Although I admit that there's are strong correlation between why you find good-looking and who you find attractive, they are not the same thing. Someone can have their own opinion of what is "beautiful" (which is what I relate good-looks to) but you may not really find that thing that fits your opinion attractive.

A lot of things that can make someone more attractive than another person even if they weren't as aesthetically pleasing as the other person. That's why they aren't the same thing.

• Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

• Mostly by how frequent or infrequently I get cold approached

• I learnt pretty early on to not go by what others think. If your whole family complains about your looks, but non-relatives think you're hot, you learn to not take opinions very seriously.

• How people treat you or the vibes they give you

• by what others think

• I determine it by the way others perceive of me. The more guys compliment me the higher my self esteem becomes.

What Guys Said 18

• I don't 'determine'. Others who I meet do it about me. Good-looking is subjective, it's just an opinion, not fact.

• How good looking I am is completely irrelevant to whether or not I'm a good person. It's something that really does not matter.

Ugly people date good looking people all the time, and vice-versa.

Sometimes an ugly guy hooks up with one hot girl and it gives him a false sense that he's a 10 and should therefor always date 10s. Of course he's wrong in this situation, ultimately, it's not even important and only affects the mates you can get if the people around you are unwilling to have complex thoughts or feelings... and if that's the case, do they really like you at all?

• I've had people call me handsome and ugly. Either way I don't really care. I don't think I'm ugly but I'm not " hot " as long as one girl likes me and I like her I'd be good. I suppose I know if they think I'm cute if they want to hang out or hang out again.

• Just judging.

• I have no clue since sometimes I feel as if I look like shit and other times I feel I'm not that bad at all.

• Self-assesment and comparizon with others.

• Tbh, someone might think you're very plain, whilst others might see you as very attractive.

No two people will have the same opinion about most people.

• Both but the cumulative behavior of strangers has more weight than my opinion. Strangers can be more objective than I can and can have opposing opinions.

• By your standards and what's important to you. If you want big arms then get big arms. If you want fat thighs then work for fat thighs. If you like big feet then wear bigger shoes. What ever you like.

• Most women treat me like shit, so I'm probably average at best.

• I determine that by me, other people are welcome to tell us how great we look but it comes down to us, how we see ourselves, and I'll try not to seek validation from others all the time, or I try not to make that my main thing to know if I'm good looking I am or not.

• By what others thing. Does it matter how much I want to make sweet love to me? lol

• By the looks of pity from strangers lol

• I ask myself "Would I bang me?"
    And since I do that every evening, it must mean I'm good looking.

• I'm ugly so I don't know.

• By what others think. Specifically, the hottest chick you can get.

• I just assume I'm not attractive and that's why I never ask out girls

• The general consensus. The type of women I consistently attracted and dated. The looks I normally received from both women and, in many cases, guys as well, for that matter.

I mean, I'm a guy, and I would often go to a bar or a club and get as many free drinks as some women did. In my out and about days of course.